Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

Just got this in an email.

Suggested Retail $1,239.00

Beautiful rifle!

Mine does not have the checkering... and it is old with scratches and such from actually being used.... so it's not as "pretty" as the one in the ad.... Mine just has "character".

I picked it up in a pawn shop several years ago for around $600. Put a Marbles peep sight on it. It does the job!!!

Marlin Deer.JPG Marlin.JPG

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    I've said it before and I'll say it again^

I was fortunate enough to pick up several unique Marlins before the prices went crazy. I can't say that I'm displeased with what the values have done since. More important is the smiles it puts on my and others faces when shooting them.

Noble Sniper

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    132   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    Anderson, Indiana
    Never thought I’d see the day a lever action Marlin would be twice the price of a decent entry level AR (S&W Springfield etc)
    Yeah but how many manufacturers make a quality lever action versus how many manufacturers make AR’s. Tends to drive prices way down because at the end of the day an AR is pretty much an Ar just like the other guy is selling. Gimmicks and gadgets is what separates most of them. The upper end ones demand a higher price but you get a better made AR.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    Yeah but how many manufacturers make a quality lever action versus how many manufacturers make AR’s. Tends to drive prices way down because at the end of the day an AR is pretty much an Ar just like the other guy is selling. Gimmicks and gadgets is what separates most of them. The upper end ones demand a higher price but you get a better made AR.
    I get there has been a rise in cost of raw materials but to got from 459 ish dollars for a Marlin in 2018 to 1,200 by a “Ruger” Marlin in 2023 just don’t add up.

I am hoping once the hype dies down so wil the price. The 1895 45 70 Ruger Marlins had a MRSP of what 1,100 we were listing them on Gun browker for 1,099 and they were going for 2,200
    People lost their minds

Noble Sniper

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    132   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    Anderson, Indiana
    Yeah well you can blame the high prices on idiocy. Some folks gotta have it and have it now. Things are only worth what someone is willing to give. Yeah we will have to wait for awhile for the buy it now guys to get their full but eventually dealer A is gonna have a dozen of these things eating up space for six months with no one buying and he will lower his prices. It seems that way with every new firearm as of late when it comes out. Pay up or wait awhile. I have a dealer I deal with. Sometimes his prices are just plain stupid and I tell him so. If it’s something I want I’ll make a fair cash offer…. One that I know has some meat on it for him. If he declines then that’s fine. But he has come back six months later hey I’ll take your offer on that now and I decline. Tell him I wanted it back then and you should have took it. In some cases he ends up marking it down to move it well below my offer just to get rid of it. Then there’s times now where he will take that offer :)

Top Bottom