• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    It's honestly difficult to wear out a Glock or M&P. I never buy new if it's available used.
    Yep, new is expensive. Pre owned is little cheaper, broke in, and usually safe. Most of mine are pre owned, in great shape, no issues. Mostly owned, hardly fired.

Bought a M10 S&W revolver back in the mid 80's, had some bluing wear from holster, lock up was tight, no end shake. Still have it. Carried for years as a LEO, Security, personal protection, and now retired in my nightstand. Not one issue, never. Shot standard rounds, +P's, SJHP's, and accurate.

Over the yeats had couple new firearms that were nowhere near the quality of my 1974 manufactored S&W M10-5.

Bought used Glocks, also fine shooters. Have a 19-3 for over 20 years with stellar operation. Simple. Shoot, clean, reassemble, good to go. Replace a recoil spring, mag springs, and rack it up and holster to carry. They may show some wear, but internals are like brand new. I estimate the G19-3 has over 10,000 rounds fired, and is tight as new.
    Good luck on yours too.

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    For those of you who have actually bought from a pawn shop...how was this experience?
    I don't frequent pawn shops, but will stop in if one is nearby and I have some time to kill. Over the years, I've bought two rifles from two different pawn shops. Both Marlin .22LR semi-autos, FWIW.

Similar experience at both ... saw something I liked on the rack, they said they had more of the same type in the back and brought them out for me to inspect. After I picked one out, we haggled over the price. In both cases, they came down a bit from their asking price. Then it was like any other firearm purchase ... fill out the paperwork, wait for the all clear, then pay the man.

The pricing wasn't exceptional for a used firearm, but after the haggling, it was under current market value, and definately what I was willing to pay.

STFU

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 30, 2015
    Hamilton County
    I don't frequent pawn shops, but will stop in if one is nearby and I have some time to kill. Over the years, I've bought two rifles from two different pawn shops. Both Marlin .22LR semi-autos, FWIW.

Similar experience at both ... saw something I liked on the rack, they said they had more of the same type in the back and brought them out for me to inspect. After I picked one out, we haggled over the price. In both cases, they came down a bit from their asking price. Then it was like any other firearm purchase ... fill out the paperwork, wait for the all clear, then pay the man.

The pricing wasn't exceptional for a used firearm, but after the haggling, it was under current market value, and definately what I was willing to pay.
    Thank you. You covered exactly what I wanted to know.

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    For those of you who have actually bought from a pawn shop...how was this experience?
    Same as any gun shop. A pawn shop that sells guns is just another FFL, they just normally only deal in used guns. IIR, in IN you cannot pawn a gun, you can only sell it to the shop. That is the "restriction" on how they are getting them, they are buying them outright just like any other FFL would do.

woodsie57

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    I recently posted asking how to find good deals on a Smith and Wesson M&P9 2.0 (link). This will be my first gun, and after some discussion, I'm starting to think that maybe I should consider a used gun for my first gun. It'll be cheaper and I could always sell it and get new if it ever bothers me (or I could keep it and just buy more...).

I'm wondering where I could find used guns and not worry about them being in horrible condition. I've seen other posts where people have said that getting something from INGO people is a good option, but I am still too new to have access to the classified section (though I'd consider becoming a site supporter if I saw a good deal on the one I am looking for).

For those who want more specifics, this is the exact model I'm looking to get: https://www.smith-wesson.com/product/m-p-9-m2.0-optics-ready-full-size-series
    This is the full-sized pistol with a 4.25-inch barrel, a flat-faced trigger (there's an older version of the 2.0 that has a hinged trigger), and no thumb safety.
    Any new gun becomes used when you take it out of the store. Keep that in mind

kendallma

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2022
    Southern IN
    I recently posted asking how to find good deals on a Smith and Wesson M&P9 2.0 (link). This will be my first gun, and after some discussion, I'm starting to think that maybe I should consider a used gun for my first gun. It'll be cheaper and I could always sell it and get new if it ever bothers me (or I could keep it and just buy more...).

I'm wondering where I could find used guns and not worry about them being in horrible condition. I've seen other posts where people have said that getting something from INGO people is a good option, but I am still too new to have access to the classified section (though I'd consider becoming a site supporter if I saw a good deal on the one I am looking for).

For those who want more specifics, this is the exact model I'm looking to get: https://www.smith-wesson.com/product/m-p-9-m2.0-optics-ready-full-size-series
    This is the full-sized pistol with a 4.25-inch barrel, a flat-faced trigger (there's an older version of the 2.0 that has a hinged trigger), and no thumb safety.
    Gun Deals usually has the best price on new guns. You have to consider the shipping and transfer costs. If the savings is negligible supporting your local gun dealer is always a plus. They will often remember you the next time you are wanting to buy or trade.

K9Luvn

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2024
    Gas City/ Marion
    I have a pawn shop that I really like to buy from local to me. At tax time the used or purchased and never used guns were amazing. I would go in every day just becaue from hour to hour you never new what treasure I might find. I have been extremaly happy with the prices and purchases I made. I find alot of my more unique guns at that pawn shop.. You know not the ones you see at your box shops. I also like to see what is used or being sold on commision at local privately ownd firearms stores. Not one time have I walked away with regret. I go to the gun I am drawn to.

Bassat

I shoot Canon, too!
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2022
    Osceola, Indiana 46561
    I've sold 3 guns here on INGO; I am pretty reliable, and so were the guns I sold. I assume most other INGO'ers are similarly reliable. I generally avoid buying used as I've seen used go for equal to or more than new, sometimes. I would consider used, IFF the gun were priced at least 20% below new, and it is n excellent ORIGINAL condition. No spring kits, trigger jobs, 3rd party machine work, or aftermarket parts of any kind. All of which adds up to I generally buy new.

Top Bottom