• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    If the OP isn't concerned with QD, what are your thoughts on the DNZ one piece mount/rings? They seem like a really nice option to me, but I don't have experience with them. Seems like it eliminates one more joint (base to rings), which would be a good thing if you never plan to take off the rings/scope. And as long as the machining was done correctly, the rings should be perfect in regards to concentricity.

Larue mounts will make the scope sit pretty high on a bolt gun. There is a mount from Bobro coming out soon that you should look at if you need QD. Its the same money, and better all the way around. If you don't need QD I wouldn't pay the extra money for it. Right now I have plenty of Warne QD rings in stock which is another option you should look at, but Larue should be off the table for you.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    I don't mean to call Allen out, but I believe he's thinking of the uber popular Larue 1 piece mounts, which he would be correct about sitting too high. But the Ultra Low Rings (LT179) and Remington Rail would work great (LaRue Tactical Ultra-Low Mount Rings QD, LT719 | LaRue Tactical & LaRue Tactical Ultra-Low Mount Rings QD, LT719 | LaRue Tactical). They are the choice of some top shooters out there like Todd Hodnett of Accuracy First for whatever that's worth. My problem is do you need to remove the optic, at the possible cost of loosing your zero? From my experience, Larue is top notch when it comes to QD mounts, and the only mount I use on red dots or even an ACOG. But I use them for 556 at an absolute maximum of 600 meters, so a little wiggle here or there on a man sized target is not likely to cause a missed shot. On something capable of shooting farther, I just don't want to risk it.

Seekins / Vortex (Seekins) rings and mounts are great. That goes for anything with Seekins name on it too, including their awesome rails. But I have a hard time being convinced that anything can be as rugged as steel and Badger is still my #1 choice.

Unobogus

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    OK, yeah the Larue mount I have is on my ACOG. I'm pretty sure once I get this one set up, I'll never remove the scope, so fixed is more like it. I'll be sure to look at the Badger mount system.
    Thanks for the Vortex comp, I'll hit Alan up and see what all he thinks as well.
    Thanks again everyone, this is exactly what I wanted, just different opinions, it gives me a head start on what to look for.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I don't mean to call Allen out, but I believe he's thinking of the uber popular Larue 1 piece mounts, which he would be correct about sitting too high. But the Ultra Low Rings (LT179) and Remington Rail would work great (LaRue Tactical Ultra-Low Mount Rings QD, LT719 | LaRue Tactical & LaRue Tactical Ultra-Low Mount Rings QD, LT719 | LaRue Tactical). They are the choice of some top shooters out there like Todd Hodnett of Accuracy First for whatever that's worth. My problem is do you need to remove the optic, at the possible cost of loosing your zero? From my experience, Larue is top notch when it comes to QD mounts, and the only mount I use on red dots or even an ACOG. But I use them for 556 at an absolute maximum of 600 meters, so a little wiggle here or there on a man sized target is not likely to cause a missed shot. On something capable of shooting farther, I just don't want to risk it.

Seekins / Vortex (Seekins) rings and mounts are great. That goes for anything with Seekins name on it too, including their awesome rails. But I have a hard time being convinced that anything can be as rugged as steel and Badger is still my #1 choice.

You didn't call me out. I was talking about their 1 piece mounts. I didn't know Larue made rings like that. I don't care for Larue so I don't follow them much. I'll get more into this later, I hate posting from my phone.

Top Bottom