Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    IC 35-47-9
    Chapter 9. Possession of Firearms on School Property and School Buses
    IC 35-47-9-0.1
    Application of chapter
    Sec. 0.1. The addition of this chapter by P.L.140-1994 applies to crimes committed after June 30, 1994.
    As added by P.L.220-2011, SEC.624.

IC 35-47-9-1
    Exemptions from chapter
    Sec. 1. This chapter does not apply to the following:
    (1) A:
    (A) federal;
    (B) state; or
    (C) local;
    law enforcement officer.
    (2) A person who has been employed or authorized by:
    (A) a school; or
    (B) another person who owns or operates property being used by a school for a school function;
    to act as a security guard, perform or participate in a school function, or participate in any other activity authorized by a school.
    (3) A person who:
    (A) may legally possess a firearm; and
    (B) possesses the firearm in a motor vehicle that is being operated by the person to transport another person to or from a school or a school function.
    (4) A person who is licensed under IC 35-47-2.

As added by P.L.140-1994, SEC.11.

Bill

Bill,

If the one line above could be added to the IC, then our problems would be solved. ;)

======================================
    "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels" K. Moss

You can NEVER be too rich or too thin.

Life is not a journey, but a series of unplanned detours...

Perfection: is not a goal---it's a demanded expectation.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    It's a lot like 'entrapment' if you ask me.

Furthermore: I can't see the school bus in the parking lot from inside the zoo. How would I know the difference between a "school" event and a Big Brothers/Big Sisters day a the zoo?

Baby steps though: First we should ask for a provision for keeping firearms locked in vehicles and out of sight like the "parking lot" law.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    It's a lot like 'entrapment' if you ask me.

Furthermore: I can't see the school bus in the parking lot from inside the zoo. How would I know the difference between a "school" event and a Big Brothers/Big Sisters day a the zoo?

Baby steps though: First we should ask for a provision for keeping firearms locked in vehicles and out of sight like the "parking lot" law.

--speaking as a jeloust anti-2A DA---
    Does not matter if you can see the bus or not. A reasonsable person would know that during the school season school children will visit the local zoo for educational purposes. However let it be known to the jury that this man named Kludge feels that he is above the law and does not have to obey it and knowing full well the dangers of carrying a gun has choosen to disobey the law and take a gun into the zoo while our school children, our future, were present.

Off with his head!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENDLDgje0Wc

;)
    ----
    I nominated INGO member Kludge be the test case. :rockwoot::D

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Is this only for K-12 schools or is this repeal by Ron Paul also aiming to allow college students (whom are licensed) to carry on campuses.

There is no law in Indiana forbidding the carry of a firearm on college campuses, though a student, faculty, or staff member would find him/herself expelled or terminated. Unfortunately, in 23 states, carry on college campuses is punishable by law. Only one state, Utah, specifically decriminalizes carry on college campuses.

Let's hope that this addresses all schools at all levels as one step toward removing ALL of the Victim Disarmament/Criminal Empowerment Zones.

Blessings,
    Bill

Top Bottom