• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    I have none of the battle ready stuff. What would you all recommend for a start, like a vest.. I've got a soft rifle case with a bunch of pockets, I have about 6 or 7 mags, 30 rd, and 20 rd, and about 250 rounds of ammo, some loaded, some in boxes. It is my so called grab n go case....
    This is an excellent start and would encourage all to read this thread. Loaded mags, backpacks packed and ready, Ammo boxes secured and water proofed.

\You need pouches, either belt or vest carried, IFAK, fixed blade knife attached. I bought used Alice gear at gunshows, have bandoleer type mag cases, leg holsters for a handgun.

Older camo from Salvation Army stores/Goodwill, boots & socks, different watch caps, boonie hats, even solid color or camo hunters hats. Carharrts are good, but $.

Get some MRE's and backpack foods. some can goods, water purify system, canteens with cups, and carrying pouches. Tools(basic like pliers, wrenches, screwdrivers, short crow bar, hatchet, tomahawk, hammers) Tarps, tents, sleeping bags.

4WD truck, all required oils, tire repair, fix all wngine issues. Roads will be dicey, so off road ready. Forget Hyundais and Kias, go Ford, GMC, Dodge. Dark paint no pretty pastels in the woods.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    My wife says that prepping is not trusting in God.....I would like to think that God would want us prepared, but maybe I'm reading the bible wrong.....

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    What would be required carry into battle in today's environment?
    What calibers, and how many magazines each?
    And other gear that one would take?

Mine: AR-10 with 12 + 1 Mags, M1911A with 6 +1 Mags and my Father's black K-Bar knife used in Vietnam. Recent use: M4 5.56x45 12 + 1 Mags M9 9MM 6 + 1 Mags (Limited) and after market K-Bar knife.
    From my prospective, the OP appears to be a new member. Given that point, in order of his questions I would have some questions on his objectives.

Exactly, what does he see as “today’s environment “? The biggest part of his question.

That would answer the number of magazines and somewhat calibers. Still , other equipment.

Are we talking SHTF situations, or battle in the streets due to U.S. political situations?

These are definitely two different situations each requiring different preparations.

Without better definitions, I myself am not ready to offer a comprehensive answer.

Prep for what you expect, you can’t go wrong. Be mistaken and you can be food for the great unwashed. JMO

Top Bottom