• ...and so much more!
  • armymen0268

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2023
    Indiana
    Mission drives gear for sure.

My basic STANAG kit including belt carries 4 mags & 5 pistol mags. I have an admin pouch up front for random snacks & a small knife/leatherman.

My back panel is expandable, it’s a water sack/backpack with one big main pocket and two smaller pockets on top of each other. I can add other pouches to this if ever needed. Batteries, rag, write in the rain & basically any non essential stuff goes back there. Stuff that someone I’m with can grab for me.

My main goal was to stay as slick as possible but have as much as possible. I think it worked out pretty good. I can still expand to the cummerbund if needed. I think we’d be picking up mags more than we think we would if SHTF.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    The INGOER, s that are serious about trying out their kit. Revere Riders holds a few Carbine classes a year. where you get a chance to run and gun yourself and your kit.

We often see shooters start out the day with a big kit and end with less. It also allows you to scope out other shooters gear and see what works.

It's different when you are under stress and need to reload and are fumbling with a mag pouch. Which is a good thing to train like going to fight.

devildog70

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    What would be required carry into battle in today's environment?
    What calibers, and how many magazines each?
    And other gear that one would take?

Mine: AR-10 with 12 + 1 Mags, M1911A with 6 +1 Mags and my Father's black K-Bar knife used in Vietnam. Recent use: M4 5.56x45 12 + 1 Mags M9 9MM 6 + 1 Mags (Limited) and after market K-Bar knife.
    So...approximately 35lbs in guns and mags, without water, armor, etc? Better be living in the gym

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    The INGOER, s that are serious about trying out their kit. Revere Riders holds a few Carbine classes a year. where you get a chance to run and gun yourself and your kit.

We often see shooters start out the day with a big kit and end with less. It also allows you to scope out other shooters gear and see what works.

It's different when you are under stress and need to reload and are fumbling with a mag pouch. Which is a good thing to train like going to fight.
    I 100% believe the people who are serious take on training classes. People always talk online about where to meet other like minded people. Training classes are an outstanding opportunity to meet people who not only want to be better but are willing to work at it and invest in it. I would also add "some" competitions to that as well. If there's a level of it being physically demanding, you'll meet some solid people. If it's a less demanding competition where guys are pulling little carts full of goodies, then not so much.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    HXS6yg9.jpg

The rest is determined by what is going on, level 4 HESCO Level IV plates and these two for the wife and I regardless.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008

Not sold out yet!
    I will be the RSO and Slim will be the ED.

So if you wanna get off the couch and get some rounds down range join us.
    I was just checking out that link. I always wanted to take a reveres riders class and heard these were the new and improved ones. Do I understand it correctly that this is a one day class? Is camping onsite available for people driving in the night before? This would be rifle only and no pistol, correct?

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I was just checking out that link. I always wanted to take a reveres riders class and heard these were the new and improved ones. Do I understand it correctly that this is a one day class? Is camping onsite available for people driving in the night before? This would be rifle only and no pistol, correct?
    This class is a phenomenal value for your training dollar. I've taken it twice already (one two day, one single day) and I'm considering doing it for a third time.

In past classes there has been some pistol work IIRC, but it's just transitioning from rifle to pistol. Not sure if that's officially part of the class or if it just got worked in. It always adds a layer of safety protocols where RSOs have to safety check two different firearms.

I don't think you can camp out here. It's a conservation club and not privately owned landed like some other places RR's uses. But it is just a few miles off of I-70 west so there are options for roach motels in the area. Not sure about public campgrounds.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Unfortunately no camping at lost creek.
    It's a one day course and rifle only.
    It will be a good course Slim is a great instructor.

Some cheap hotels in the area.

Hope to meet you on the range.

pitbulld45

Follower of I AM
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 27, 2012
    Terre Haute
    There is campiong at Hawthorn Park, just five or ten miles away, both primitive and electic

Top Bottom