• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Now this is how you use the free market and make a statement. Actions have consequences and shunning TSA employees makes good sense, if you disagree with their actions. "I was just following orders" is never good enough. Now, if more businesses hop on this bandwagon and shun all the ad actors out there we could clean things up in no time.

Business bans TSA agents – will more follow?

Marc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    District 6
    this is like the cop that sucks at his job. the only time you hear about a cop on the news is if he did something bad, what about the rest of the workers that are doing their job right???

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Did you read the comments? Good stuff. I like the one suggesting that TSA agents must go through a public screening process (with full pat down) before entering the cafe. Awesome.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    Well, that is one way to make a point.

It is odd seeing companies refuse business to customers... a strange take on capitalism...

If nothing else, it is an extremely wise marketing campaign... How much would a small restaurant have to pay for that type of media coverage?

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    BarackObamaAwHellNawMacro.jpg

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    You mean cupping peoples 'nads and copping a feel of womens breasts? That job? This restaurant is engaging in behaviour modification. Teaching the airport Stasi that actions have consequences. I also seem to recall a coffee shop in...hmmm...Portland or Seattle that banned cops, because of the behaviour of many on their force. Businesses can choose to do business with whomever they please. Or not. I happen to approve of this method of messaging. Shunning works for the Amish, no reason it can't work elsewhere.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Well, that is one way to make a point.

It is odd seeing companies refuse business to customers... a strange take on capitalism...
    Businesses do it every day. Check out the "No Guns Signs" threads on here. If a business owner doesn't what to associate with about anyone (other than a "protected" class), then that is their right.

Nice to see someone taking a stand, and putting their money where their mouth is.

Bendrx

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    East Indy.
    this is like the cop that sucks at his job. the only time you hear about a cop on the news is if he did something bad, what about the rest of the workers that are doing their job right???

I think the key difference is that the Police do good in the community. I can't think of any good that the TSA has actually done. They're royally pissing off alot of folks though. I don't think they've affected bombs on airplanes much. I can't recall many before the TSA was around, or really any for that matter.

"Their kind aren’t welcomed in our establishment." I wish they were a local cafe, I'd go there to eat for this statement alone.

And if the food's bad, I'll just hand them a few bucks and take a water.

This is like McDonalds, except that I"m ACTUALLY Lovin it!

Last edited:

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    I think the key difference is that the Police do good in the community. I can't think of any good that the TSA has actually done. They're royally pissing off alot of folks though. I don't think they've affected bombs on airplanes much. I can't recall many before the TSA was around, or really any for that matter.

"Their kind aren’t welcomed in our establishment." I wish they were a local cafe, I'd go there to eat for this statement alone.

Restaurants should also be able to refuse service to cops if they desire.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East

right on!!

There should be no TSA. its big government getting bigger. If you work for the TSA, find a new job, because the American people are gonna see that the TSA gets disbanded. SAY NO TO BIGGER GOVERNMENT! just like this business is doing! Now that is truly American! :patriot:

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    If this restaurant was refusing to serve open carriers...people would be planning an OC event in protest.

I agree, however, that the restaurant should be allowed to serve...or not serve...who ever they want.

I heard TSA employees are planning cash confiscations and body scans outside the place in protest. cafe employees are already fashioning wooden stakes and garlic necklaces in preparation for the bloodsucking feds :):

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    If this restaurant was refusing to serve open carriers...people would be planning an OC event in protest.

I agree, however, that the restaurant should be allowed to serve...or not serve...who ever they want.

Yep if they refused to serve gun carriers, I'd protest them. Instead - once I figure out for SURE who they are and how to contact them, I'm going to be ordering some food long distance. My way of "'helping the cause". They are free to protest, and I'm free to agree or disagree... and that's the way it should be. As has been pointed out, lots of us refuse to patronize stores that insist on "no firearms" signs. This is roughly the same.

Top Bottom