• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Woodsman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New albany
    Yep if they refused to serve gun carriers, I'd protest them. Instead - once I figure out for SURE who they are and how to contact them, I'm going to be ordering some food long distance. My way of "'helping the cause". They are free to protest, and I'm free to agree or disagree... and that's the way it should be. As has been pointed out, lots of us refuse to patronize stores that insist on "no firearms" signs. This is roughly the same.

Positive reinforcement does work. When the Starbucks stink was going on I talked to a manager and told her thank you. Even though WI was not affected by this, you would have thought I had proposed to her. She got a great big smile on her face and said thank you, so much. "We've had a lot of people stopping in and saying the same thing". For all of the people (TSA, etc) who do this crap we still out number them!

Put a TSA person in a zombie movie, what do you get? Someone who repeatedly keeps saying we want to touch your junk! Forget brains.................. those have long been lost.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    What??? No love from my friends here....everyone wanted to know the name of the cafe and I found it. Sea-Tac cafe.

Now I am just rep whoring......shameful isn't it?
    I'm not proud but it didn't stop me..LOL

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    So you guys are OK with this now, eh?

"No FIREARMS or TSA Agents allowed on the premise."

There's two kinds of "okay with it." One is that a private business has the right to serve or not serve whomever they choose. Another is that I might take exception to their choices and boycott them.

It's called "freedom" and it tastes yummy.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    What??? No love from my friends here....everyone wanted to know the name of the cafe and I found it. Sea-Tac cafe.

Now I am just rep whoring......shameful isn't it?
    I'm not proud but it didn't stop me..LOL

There's two kinds of "okay with it." One is that a private business has the right to serve or not serve whomever they choose. Another is that I might take exception to their choices and boycott them.

It's called "freedom" and it tastes yummy.

AJG - got ya. Style points if you can get the contact info - my google-fu is weak today.

Spot on as usual Dross. They have the right to do it, I have the right to agree or disagree. I'm OK with both of them having the right to do it. One I agree with, the other I disagree with their point of view. And my business/money follows my opinion.

Freedom is an awesome thing.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I don't know if this cafe has a no gun policy or not, however, I ABSOLUTELY DO NOT see the comparison between a no gun policy and a no TSA policy. I really don't care if this guy has a huge no gun sign hanging on his door, it's his right to do so. I think that if more businesses, and just more people, treated the TSA as the cancer on society that it is, then maybe we could rid our country of this nonsense.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    You mean cupping peoples 'nads and copping a feel of womens breasts? That job? This restaurant is engaging in behaviour modification. Teaching the airport Stasi that actions have consequences. I also seem to recall a coffee shop in...hmmm...Portland or Seattle that banned cops, because of the behaviour of many on their force. Businesses can choose to do business with whomever they please. Or not. I happen to approve of this method of messaging. Shunning works for the Amish, no reason it can't work elsewhere.

You're dreaming. This will have about as much effect as the threat to boycott flying. Maybe less. Because all it says the airport Stasi is that your TSA screeners will have to eat somewhere else for lunch. Really? That's going to make everything right again? I don't think so.

bassplayrguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Greenwood
    You're dreaming. This will have about as much effect as the threat to boycott flying. Maybe less. Because all it says the airport Stasi is that your TSA screeners will have to eat somewhere else for lunch. Really? That's going to make everything right again? I don't think so.
    You are missing the point here. It doesn't matter where else they eat, it matters that they won't be eating there because the owner said so. Freedom to do business with who you want and ban who you want. If enough sheeple had the balls to do this it WOULD fix the problems. Very peaceful solution to a problem. If the American people could stand together on things the government would not be able to get away with half the **** they do right now.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    You are missing the point here. It doesn't matter where else they eat, it matters that they won't be eating there because the owner said so. Freedom to do business with who you want and ban who you want. If enough sheeple had the balls to do this it WOULD fix the problems. Very peaceful solution to a problem. If the American people could stand together on things the government would not be able to get away with half the **** they do right now.

Exactly correct on all points.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville

Really? How is it going to fix it? Tell me exactly how refusing to serve private citizens has one stitch of relevance to or effect on public policy. Connect the dots for me. Because I really don't see Big Sis doing anything other than issuing a memo to her Seattle goons reminding them that they will need to seek alternative lunch arrangements.

bassplayrguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Greenwood
    Really? How is it going to fix it? Tell me exactly how refusing to serve private citizens has one stitch of relevance to or effect on public policy. Connect the dots for me. Because I really don't see Big Sis doing anything other than issuing a memo to her Seattle goons reminding them that they will need to seek alternative lunch arrangements.
    So if all of the eateris did the same in that area and they had to drive an hour to get lunch. You don't think that might make them think a little bit next time they offended someone? The "this won't fix anything" mentallity is exactly why we are in the shape we are in. Everyone has to stand together or you are right, nothing will get done. But kudos to this guy for having the testicular fortitude to say "I will stand up"

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    88GT - How did Rosa Parks refusing to take a seat in the back of the bus change anything? It really was only one thing. And after all, the governors of most of the southern states were going to insist on "segregation now. segregation tomorrow. segregation forever", right?

Yes, it's really only symbolic. Sure, they can get lunch elsewhere. The TSA agents are merely AGENTS of the BAD policy. Not unlike the bus driver in the segregation case. But someone had the balls to stand up and say "this is WRONG and I may not have a great way, but I'm going to exercise what ability I have to CALL it wrong. And more power to them for calling it as they see it. I'm not sure of the Address and Business that are given above, but the internet has a way of publicizing what happens. And I plan to back them any way that I can.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Im glad that I dont have to deal with the TSA when I travel in Europe.
    It's been only a bad experience to travel by plane in the US because of the TSA.

No TSA in europe, people are treated like good citizens and not like criminals and is there more terrorists attacks and bombs in planes because your are not treated like criminels by the airport security? NO.
    So is the TSA and the way they act needed? NO

Maybe some people like to have their junk touched for free but I dont.
    I dont know when I will have to go thru airport security in the US again but I was thinking about a way of dealing with the TSA.

I will maybe wear one of those shirts:

TSA.gif

4th-Amendment-shirt.gif

Or maybe this one and moan in pleasure really loud anytime the TSA guy puts his hands on me.I dont know yet ...

tsa_hey_tsa_im_gay_and_like_men_in_uniform_tshirt-p235108421821291880trdy_210.jpg

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    If they stand as an example and more people join in that action, it will eventually affect the TSA. If they can't eat out anywhere or shop at places, they'll start to rethink their priorities and then go out an get real jobs. This is just a single step in a process, not the beginning and end.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    You mean cupping peoples 'nads and copping a feel of womens breasts? That job? This restaurant is engaging in behaviour modification. Teaching the airport Stasi that actions have consequences. I also seem to recall a coffee shop in...hmmm...Portland or Seattle that banned cops, because of the behaviour of many on their force. Businesses can choose to do business with whomever they please. Or not. I happen to approve of this method of messaging. Shunning works for the Amish, no reason it can't work elsewhere.

For the record, I approve of the business owner having the right to choose with whom he does business for whatever reason he chooses. It is, IMHO, his absolute right to do so, and it is no one's right to partake of his services (that is, there's no right to have coffee at his cafe.) If someone disagrees with his policies that person has a right to protest his actions publicly.

That said, mrjarrell, you state that a business can choose to do business with whomever they please, but a few months ago, you wrote:

I sided with the Cookies store and supported them, until owner #2 opened his fat mouth and came out against gays. It wasn't personal with the first owner who acted right and said all the right things. Owner #2 made it an issue and got it put into the news, when all he had to say was, "we don't sell cupcakes".

It seems to me that his reason was less important than his decision to not do business with someone. :dunno: :twocents:

Blessings,
    Bill

INGunGuy

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2008
    Jeffersonville, Indiana
    You know the thing I find so funny, I am a member on a LEO forum, and the cafe owner is being slammed pretty hard by ALL LEO's that are responding because "THEY" think he is a dumb*** or whatever "THEY" may think. I will tell you this, I have NEVER in my life ever read so much BS from such a large group of JBT-LEO's in my life. I would really hate to have to interact with ANY of them during any kind of a stop. Basically "THEIR" mentality is "They are the police, we are civilians, and we will submit to their demands, period, exclamation point, the end."

INGunGuy

Top Bottom