• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • unionblue19

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2011
    Kokomo, Indiana
    Recently I moved out my mom's then on to friends couch, then adventaly my own apt. Well right I transition to my apt I took my gun out of a secure location in my car an into their apartment but disassembled it so it was parts or chunk of metal. So if the kids got ahold of from the very high location hidden maxpadetion bag in the closet.
    Well, got in car wreck and got little crazy. Everything stabilized and got a job an the life new journey carry on. The day that came for me to transition to living on my own an out of my friends couch/apartment. I gathered all my little bit I did have. Well the bag with my gun wasn't where I stashed it at wasn't there, I asked where an never got an answer.
    Now 4 months trying to get it back, I'm limited to having friends drive me any where outside of city limits since the wreck total my only car and I walk to work or taxi. Every time I have the chance to retrieve my gun they oddly out of house with no eta of being back, multiple multiple attempts past 4 months.
    I'm thinking police and other powers to be need to envoled because 1 they refuse to transport in pov 2 out of multiple attempts no care or worries about getting it back 3 other personal factors might be at play.
    What are my steps or what can I do to end this chapter?

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    JMHO, but GOOD LUCK ..... possession, is 9/10 of the law.....

Unless you bought it new, and have your name on a 4473, probably a no-go .....

Even then he could say you let him have it for rent, whatever.....

Keep us posted, I am sure a leo, or someone smarter than I, will come along .....

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I'm still trying to cipher the OP. I'll get back to you.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Recently I moved out my mom's then on to friends couch, then adventaly my own apt. Well right I transition to my apt I took my gun out of a secure location in my car an into their apartment but disassembled it so it was parts or chunk of metal. So if the kids got ahold of from the very high location hidden maxpadetion bag in the closet.
    Well, got in car wreck and got little crazy. Everything stabilized and got a job an the life new journey carry on. The day that came for me to transition to living on my own an out of my friends couch/apartment. I gathered all my little bit I did have. Well the bag with my gun wasn't where I stashed it at wasn't there, I asked where an never got an answer.
    Now 4 months trying to get it back, I'm limited to having friends drive me any where outside of city limits since the wreck total my only car and I walk to work or taxi. Every time I have the chance to retrieve my gun they oddly out of house with no eta of being back, multiple multiple attempts past 4 months.
    I'm thinking police and other powers to be need to envoled because 1 they refuse to transport in pov 2 out of multiple attempts no care or worries about getting it back 3 other personal factors might be at play.
    What are my steps or what can I do to end this chapter?

Did you tell them where it was......If so you are screwed.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    worst case report it stolen.

My sentiments exactly! As long as you have the serial number + make + model + caliber of the pistol...I'd do just that. During the filing of the stolen gun report, they will ask questions regarding who may have had access to it, etc. You'll get to tell your side of the story first (which is the side they will be working off of) and (hopefully) investigate the 'theft'. Stolen guns are not something LEO's like to have out there...

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    worst case report it stolen.

This may be your only recourse, OP. You might let your "friends" know you're done being jerked around and if they don't come up with it or the cash, you're going to report it stolen. Are your friends the type that will not like having a visit from the LEO?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Serial numbers not written down, haven't been done, have case. Sounding like I'm walking a fine line of I'm screwed and slim chance

Sounds like you were swimming in it around that time.

Never ever trust friends with your guns. Real friends yes. But only if you are standing right next to them at the range when they shoot them and then take them back.

Top Bottom