• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I would have to point out that an ailment the quantification of such is much like determining how happy a person is or is not. You also have a random variable in a given person's tolerance to pain. You can have one person who is experiencing pain to the point of being unable to function, one who hurts like a SOB but still functions, and one making it up completely, and no way to objectively measure any of them. This leads to the question of how in the universe you separate out people who are have a serious problem from those who exaggerate and outright liars. I certainly hate to think that people in pain would be treated like hypochondriacs or liars because they have the bad fortune to have an ailment that does not come with an objective measurement and relies entirely on the word of the patient.

I bet you could separate out the liars with a functional MRI. A lot of the psych experiments I read that are working on decision making, lying, fear, etc. use them and note differences on what parts of the brain activate and how strongly. They can detect levels of fear arousal that your conscious mind is never aware of, as an example. The brain is sort of a committee and we don't consciously control a lot of the members of the board. I would suspect the same thing could be done to sort out liars vs real sufferers, if not with current levels of understanding than eventually.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    QFT.

"If a man asks to borrow your coat, give him your cloak also." " if a man ask you to walk with him a mile, walk with him twain." (By the way, the context of that statement is a Roman soldier's right to compel a local to carry his equipment for a mile, something that really stuck in the Jewish craw, understandably.) "Love your enemies, pray for them that spitefully use you."

Shall we continue? I support your freedom to do business with whom you wish, no questions asked. But I will use my free speech to call you out. This is despicable, regardless of her disability. (And Crohn's can be very debilitating. A lot of it depends on the severity of the case.) It's time to stop this nonsense.

As an aside, this country is full of "Christians", who are only so because they self identify, state that as their religion on standardized forms, and attend church once in a while. But they know little about Christ, and haven't dusted off a copy of His Word in a long time, except to accessorize their Sunday outfit.

Matthew 25:34-46 KJV[34] Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: [35] For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: [36] Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me. [37] Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee ? or thirsty, and gave thee drink? [38] When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee ? [39] Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee? [40] And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me. [41] Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels: [42] For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink: [43] I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not. [44] Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee? [45] Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me. [46] And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

"Let him who is without sin, cast the first stone."

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I bet you could separate out the liars with a functional MRI. A lot of the psych experiments I read that are working on decision making, lying, fear, etc. use them and note differences on what parts of the brain activate and how strongly. They can detect levels of fear arousal that your conscious mind is never aware of, as an example. The brain is sort of a committee and we don't consciously control a lot of the members of the board. I would suspect the same thing could be done to sort out liars vs real sufferers, if not with current levels of understanding than eventually.

I think it's even easier than that BBI. Some studies I've read report that kinesthesiology, applied micrometrically, can distinguish true back pain from those faking by precisely locating the onset of the pain response in a given movement. The ones truly experiencing pain will show the response with a high degree of repeatability and the ones faking, since they have to remember each time approximately where to initiate the fake pain response, will have a much more distributed area of pain onset

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Disabled too? What a despicable human being.
    If this qualifies as despicable to you, you need to get out more.
    My guess is Kut's seen more than his share of despicable human behavior.

"Let him who is without sin, cast the first stone."
    Are you seriously trying to twist that passage into an excuse to for this behavior and then trying to claim that it is the Lord's will for you act in this manner?! That passage and Matthew 7:1-3 are not giving any Christian an excuse to sin nor allowing them to escape judgement - in the form of gentle reproof for their brothers, discipline from the elders or condemnation from the Lord. Those passages are a cautionary about the dangers of passing judgement in areas where you sin much and lack humility.

Furthermore, as to he that, "cast the first stone." Would you not say that the driver, who is condemning the stranded motorist, is casting stones? Here's a man who is so holy that he is willing to make the claim that the Lord told him to get in his truck and drive away. Here's a man that is willing to stereotype this woman as a deadbeat and pronounce judgement upon her and anyone else that holds a politically unfavorable opinion.

Those are the stones that have been cast.

It's not this isolated situation that bothers me. The driver seems to be suffering from the recency effect or other bias that has influenced his decision. He's running a business, not a charity. I pray the Holy Spirit will soften his heart. And whether see was or wasn't disabled - I don't care.

What upsets me are Christians that have read Matthew 25:31-46 then argue that it's perfectly OK to withhold that charity and mercy from others because they hold a differing political position. What upsets me are people that espouse Christian values and morality so long as it's a benefit to their own lives.

PS - This story is also a recent you should always have cash.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    My guess is Kut's seen more than his share of despicable human behavior.

Are you seriously trying to twist that passage into an excuse to for this behavior and then trying to claim that it is the Lord's will for you act in this manner?! That passage and Matthew 7:1-3 are not giving any Christian an excuse to sin nor allowing them to escape judgement - in the form of gentle reproof for their brothers, discipline from the elders or condemnation from the Lord. Those passages are a cautionary about the dangers of passing judgement in areas where you sin much and lack humility.

Furthermore, as to he that, "cast the first stone." Would you not say that the driver, who is condemning the stranded motorist, is casting stones? Here's a man who is so holy that he is willing to make the claim that the Lord told him to get in his truck and drive away. Here's a man that is willing to stereotype this woman as a deadbeat and pronounce judgement upon her and anyone else that holds a politically unfavorable opinion.

Those are the stones that have been cast.

It's not this isolated situation that bothers me. The driver seems to be suffering from the recency effect or other bias that has influenced his decision. He's running a business, not a charity. I pray the Holy Spirit will soften his heart. And whether see was or wasn't disabled - I don't care.

What upsets me are Christians that have read Matthew 25:31-46 then argue that it's perfectly OK to withhold that charity and mercy from others because they hold a differing political position. What upsets me are people that espouse Christian values and morality so long as it's a benefit to their own lives.

PS - This story is also a recent you should always have cash.

Since the driver professed to be a Christian, isn't it the duty of his brothers and sisters to rebuke him when his goes astray? To allow him to continue in his sin without correction, isn't that a sign of his brothers and sisters withholding love from him?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Since the driver professed to be a Christian, isn't it the duty of his brothers and sisters to rebuke him when his goes astray? To allow him to continue in his sin without correction, isn't that a sign of his brothers and sisters withholding love from him?
    Hey now! Christians need safe spaces too, you Pharisee!

RMC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    McCordsville

You would have to believe the Almighty is and/or wants a Liberal to win for the person to be considered committing a sin. Hmmmm, the plot thickens.

Last edited:

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Amateur! I have a scar around the entire circumference of my lower torso. THAT is a big scar.

That's not art....Mines a Shepherds hook....Your's is just a circle...:)

640.jpg

Top Bottom