• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bikerdad61

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    Sullivan
    This would be something to send to the company and ask. They are pretty quick to respond. I haven't heard any word of one, but I'm sure they have AK's and other guns in mind.

On a side note, I would love to try this on an M&P 15-22 if anyone has one that they would like to try PM me and we can make arrangements.

Wonder if it would work on the Colt / Umarex AR-15 .22 ??? I have one of them. :D

Mr. Gadsden

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    I had looked into these and they looked like a lot of fun, but I wasn't sure about the mechanics of how this worked.

When you are ready to fire, you begin putting pressure against your support hand pushing the firearm away from the stock. When the trigger touches your finger, you push slightly more until it fires, and away you go. As long as you continually put pressure against the foreend and continue to push the rifle out while holding the stock in, the gun will continue to cylce. If at anytime you fail to put pressure on the fore-end, the gun will fire then stop after that round.

Thanks for the great explanation Stainer! I think you convinced me to buy another toy to make my wife angry. :abused:

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    ....but man they are proud of their product. Wonder if it will work on a 9mm Colt?
    Proud of it? Well... not entirely... the guy making it is not a large manufacturer etc. He is a retired Marine (IIRC) that has invested every penny he has into the design and injection molds. He has to cover the costs of those things. I'm sure the price will come down a lot in the future. We may even see it get close to $100 by my estimate.

He also has plans for further development on AK, and AR version 2, so he has to make a little money in there for R&D and future expenses to further his product line.

Compare the cost to a transferable and it's not quite so "proud" anymore, it's simply capitalism at its best.

Yes, it will work on 9mm. It will work on pretty much any caliber except .22lr. .22lr just don't have enough recoil to function it properly. Although, it could be possible if you have a VERY, VERY light trigger on your AR22.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    That thing is sweet....but man they are proud of their product. Wonder if it will work on a 9mm Colt? Do you have a .22 conversion for your AR? I'd go broke blasting .223 by the case full!:ar15:

I'm wondering if a 22 conversion kit would work on this. It appears it works by spring loading the blowback. I don't think that there is even close to enough recoil to make this work with a conversion kit. Just one man's opinion though.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    I'm wondering if a 22 conversion kit would work on this. It appears it works by spring loading the blowback. I don't think that there is even close to enough recoil to make this work with a conversion kit. Just one man's opinion though.
    I'll preface this by first saying I do not have a slide fire stock.

But by the principal of it's operation, it is very, very unlikely. The only way it could work is if the trigger was extremely light-weight (-1 lb, maybe even less than 1/2 lb) and you have a very fine touch.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    This would be something to send to the company and ask. They are pretty quick to respond. I haven't heard any word of one, but I'm sure they have AK's and other guns in mind.

On a side note, I would love to try this on an M&P 15-22 if anyone has one that they would like to try PM me and we can make arrangements.

I would volunteer my 15-22. My folks and range are both in Spencer, so I'm sure we can work something out. I'll make sure to bring my suppressor too :rockwoot:.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    The test that Akins failed (once ATF actually got a working one to test) that this seems to pass is, "if you stick a broom handle into the trigger while it's mounted in a vise, will it keep shooting without human intervention?"

Since it requires manipulation by the forward hand, it should legally be the same as a crank activator. Remove one hand and it stops working.

revsaxon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plano, TX
    The test that Akins failed (once ATF actually got a working one to test) that this seems to pass is, "if you stick a broom handle into the trigger while it's mounted in a vise, will it keep shooting without human intervention?"

Since it requires manipulation by the forward hand, it should legally be the same as a crank activator. Remove one hand and it stops working.

They will find some-way to make this illegal. It basically makes the millions of AR's out there capable of being full-auto (I know, i know, not really), and the powers-that-be don't want that. That being said, its crazy cool, and I really want to buy one now :D

Stainer

Master
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    God's Country
    I've had one for awhile,alittle advice,works alot smoother with a light trigger.
    I'll give it a try.

They will find some-way to make this illegal. It basically makes the millions of AR's out there capable of being full-auto (I know, i know, not really), and the powers-that-be don't want that. That being said, its crazy cool, and I really want to buy one now :D
    Like hand cranks, I think these might stick around. my fingers are crossed!

Top Bottom