• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    I'm not sure if I'll go or not yet. I'm going to be spending money for 2 classes next month :n00b: Damn INGO! :ingo: :D
    I know that I'll have to make a trip to Dicks and check the gloves out this weekend.

If you are going to FNS I'll have a pair there. I got a pair for Christmas!! I've found them to be every bit as functional as described in the various reviews. I've had them to the range on a very cold day. They did start to fray a little, I noticed after putting about 100 rounds into pistol mags. I've also used them for around the house work involving sanding, cutting, drilling, screwing boards (making a large flat screen TV mount that hangs from the rafters in the basement.) I was hesitant to slide my hands across freshly cut wood as I didn't see them preventing me from getting splinters. They were not as rugged feeling as "work gloves" but I didn't have to take them off at any point and with a little paying attention to how you grab things it didn't keep me from doing anything.
    Overall great gloves, I would strongly recommend them. I haven't worn them while doing "everything" like others have suggested because I can't imagine how I would get Vaseline out of them.:D

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    If you are going to FNS I'll have a pair there. I got a pair for Christmas!! I've found them to be every bit as functional as described in the various reviews. I've had them to the range on a very cold day. They did start to fray a little, I noticed after putting about 100 rounds into pistol mags. I've also used them for around the house work involving sanding, cutting, drilling, screwing boards (making a large flat screen TV mount that hangs from the rafters in the basement.) I was hesitant to slide my hands across freshly cut wood as I didn't see them preventing me from getting splinters. They were not as rugged feeling as "work gloves" but I didn't have to take them off at any point and with a little paying attention to how you grab things it didn't keep me from doing anything.
    Overall great gloves, I would strongly recommend them. I haven't worn them while doing "everything" like others have suggested because I can't imagine how I would get Vaseline out of them.:D

Ewww!

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    So I went to Dicks today to go ahead and buy a pair of these gloves. But, I guess I waited too long. They only had one pair left, and it was a Small. I tried it on anyway. Evan was right, the feel and grip on these are wonderful. And I could feel how these wouldn't be good in very cold temps. So I started looking at the gloves that Indiana Joe did a review on. Nice gloves, but once again not in my size.

I was getting mad. I drove a long way to get some gloves. I wasn't leaving without a pair :D

So I found another type. Under Armour UA Extreme Coldgear Run gloves. They're a little heavier than the other 2 pairs that I came for. But still thin, and easy to grab onto items. Little more expensive, but I got them. They seem to be made for more colder temps.

I'll do a review in them later once I can play around with them more. But so far I like them.

40064df6.jpg

6c43778d.jpg

EvilElmo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Dearborn Co.
    I just got a pair of these from Amazon yesterday. I bought them for a dual purpose. Aside from shooting in cold weather they're thin enough that I can type with them too! I typed this post while wearing them.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Wore these for a range trip yesterday, when it was 20-25 and occasionally windy (brr). By the end of the session my fingers were pretty chilly, but no where near as cold as they would've been bare. If I were simply standing around static, I would've used the UAs as liners to warmer gloves.

I still find the dexterity incredible.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo..._cold_day_shooting_with_lovemywoods_pics.html

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    So I went to Dicks today to go ahead and buy a pair of these gloves. But, I guess I waited too long. They only had one pair left, and it was a Small. I tried it on anyway. Evan was right, the feel and grip on these are wonderful. And I could feel how these wouldn't be good in very cold temps. So I started looking at the gloves that Indiana Joe did a review on. Nice gloves, but once again not in my size.

I was getting mad. I drove a long way to get some gloves. I wasn't leaving without a pair :D

So I found another type. Under Armour UA Extreme Coldgear Run gloves. They're a little heavier than the other 2 pairs that I came for. But still thin, and easy to grab onto items. Little more expensive, but I got them. They seem to be made for more colder temps.

I'll do a review in them later once I can play around with them more. But so far I like them.

40064df6.jpg

6c43778d.jpg

Those are some interesting gloves. May I ask how much you gave for them?

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus

40064df6.jpg

6c43778d.jpg

How much did those run you?

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    To update-- these have become my all-season shooting gloves.

Curious how they'd fair in warmer temps, I used them all day on the range last weekend. It was ~86 degrees with strong constant wind. They breath so well that my hands stayed nice and cool. I am still impressed with the amount of dexterity they allow.

2ii73ba.jpg

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...nge_report_with_a_side_of_wind_pics_vids.html

Although I was initially turned off by the higher price tag, I can now say that it was a worthwhile investment for me, as these will help protect my hands every time I'm out on the shooting range. :yesway:

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    After looking at the insides more closely, I'm pretty sure it is actually this glove:

Under Armour | Men's Hurlock Camo Glove | 106605C | $14.99

And it looks like they have the camo version on sale for only $15. But, I can't find any in black like I have.

Free shipping with no minimum with code UANEW.

I just checked these out and I wish they were still on sale!! Oh well, they look like good gloves. I will have to head to Dick's or Bass Pro soon and try 'em out! Thanks much! :yesway:

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Colder weather is is coming again! I pulled my UA gloves out of my range bag to do some hiking today. They are holding up quite well! I was skeptical at first but these look just as new as the day I bought them.

11a1d73a.jpg

962a3fe9.jpg

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    You're late, Evan! I've been wearing these gloves again since it started getting cold and I started wearing my jacket again! I keep the gloves in the pocket so whenever I start needing the jacket, I always have the gloves to go with it :)

I've been wearing the gloves whenever I run outside, too. And they work great. It cuts the wind just enough to maintain dexterity without letting too much heat build up. Great, great gloves. And lasting through my second year now.

Thanks for the great find way back when! :yesway:

Top Bottom