• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Love the UA liners. Throw a pair of brown jersey gloves over them and you'll be warm when it's really cold outside. I toasted the left one this year when shooting my black diamond muzzle loader. Put my left hand on top of the scope right above the breech and squeezed one off, the flash from the cap burned out a silver dollar sized hole in the palm.

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    Sorry to bump this, but I read through it earlier today when I saw it linked in another shooting glove thread. I ran out to Dick's in Avon today to see if they had anything I liked. They had gloves all over the store. I looked at probably 5 or 6 different racks. Some UA, Carhartt, ScentLock, Columbia, etc. The UAs on the new rack were all too small for my big paws, the Carhartts too thick, the ScentLocks were only in camo, the Columbias were too pricy. After trying on many pairs, I finally gave up and headed for the exit when I saw a rack of gloves I hadn't seen yet. It was kind of a "goulash" rack with many different types and brands hanging together. I looked through it and lo and behold, I found a pair of UA glove liners that were on clearance... and they actually fit! They were quite a bit stretchier than the other UAs were.

They're just a smidge different from Evan's. I believe that it is just variation from being a different years stock. The rubbery grips are now the UA logo and the thumb and pointer finger have a small area of fleece for "nose wipes" which actually mey be very handy for being out on the range in the cold. The best part... on sale for $17.99! It was the only pair Avon had, but I thought that I'd put the word out there for you INGOers that have a Dick's close by. I assume they would be on clearance at all Dick's.

So far, I really like them. I've handled my 1911, M&P, and CM9 so far, and I like the way they feel. Won't be able to shoot with them for a little while though. They definitely don't seem to be overly sticky as some people commented about the older version. They have plenty of sticky to manipulate the slides of my handguns although I wouldn't mind a bit extra for the CM9.

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    Well, I'm bored, so I decided to post a few pics of my new gloves. BTW, Evan, please quit doing comprehensive reviews... They're terribly rough on my wallet. I got off easy this time, but the Peltors were another story. Still glad I bought them, but I was perfectly happy living in ignorance of them too...

Anyway, on with the show!
    Sexy reflective logo...
    IMG_0147.jpg

Palm with UA logo grips
    IMG_0145.jpg

Gripping the SR1911
    IMG_0149.jpg

IMG_0148.jpg

bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    I've used these gloves (or a very similar model) since last fall. I love them!

They don't like wet, however. Once wet, there is basically no thermal protection anymore.

I found them to be a little too sticky at first. Now that mine are broken in, I can access items in my pocket much more easily. Also, I couldn't opperate my iphone with them on last year, but this year I can. I assume that is also due to being more broken in.

I think my pair will make it through this winter, but I'd be suprised if I got through another year without developing a hole somewhere.

After 3.5 years of regular light duty cold weather use, my gloves developed a hole yesterday. I looked down and found the seem on the right thumb has separated. I suppose I'll be look for a replacement pair soon. Great gloves.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I'm still on my original pair. In fact I used them yesterday while I raked leaves.

I'm still a fan.

nascarfantoo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Western IN
    I bought the same UA gloves as you, esrice, but for riding a bicycle in cooler/cold weather (yes, cycling is my other hobby ... both expensive). Work great for the cycling. Provides good protection without bulk. So far I have not tried for shooting my handguns.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I keep them in the pockets of my jacket. I bought a pair of Hatch shooting gloves, same price as the UA's. They are more durable in my opinion.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Well, I'm bored, so I decided to post a few pics of my new gloves. BTW, Evan, please quit doing comprehensive reviews... They're terribly rough on my wallet. I got off easy this time, but the Peltors were another story. Still glad I bought them, but I was perfectly happy living in ignorance of them too...

Sexy reflective logo...
    IMG_0147.jpg

Palm with UA logo grips
    IMG_0145.jpg

Gripping the SR1911
    IMG_0149.jpg

IMG_0148.jpg

FYI, Dick's in Plainfield has these on Clearance for $16. I picked up a pair tonight and they still had a few left.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan

I have these exact gloves that I bought just a little over a year ago.

My experience with them must be different than what is posted here. I bought them for what was basically a five day shooting school. The rubber grip material was pretty tacky for about the first six hours and then lost all it's "grippiness". About the middle of the second day, not only was the tackiness gone, but the rubber had become slippery and detrimental to trying to grab anything or shoot with them.

They are pretty warm for a thin glove and very comfortable. I still have them and wore them out shooting today (in fact, they are sitting on my desk right now), but covered them with cheap latex gloves so I could actually grip with them.

Everyone I know personally that has had them has had the same experience with them...the tackiness lasts about a day. I'm sure you could hit them with some chemical to get the tackiness back... like a paint thinner, but I don't really want to ruin the gloves to try it.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    The tackiness of the grip has been lost on mine also. It took many trips to the range and a couple 2 day shooting classes to notice it but that was MONTHS ago. On metal they are not that bad but on my polymer M&P 9 they are down right slippery now.
    I'm looking for a replacement this Christmas.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    The tackiness of the grip has been lost on mine also. It took many trips to the range and a couple 2 day shooting classes to notice it but that was MONTHS ago. On metal they are not that bad but on my polymer M&P 9 they are down right slippery now.
    I'm looking for a replacement this Christmas.

It's not too bad for shooting either of my carbines because of the roughness of the quad rails, but with the Glock I'm actually afraid I'll lose it while drawing.

I remember specifically that it took about six hours to lose the tackiness because I had just bought them and was very disappointed in wasting the $30. Otherwise the gloves are very comfortable and pretty warm for being so thin.

Last edited:

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County

Sexy reflective logo...
    IMG_0147.jpg

Palm with UA logo grips
    IMG_0145.jpg

Gripping the SR1911
    IMG_0149.jpg

IMG_0148.jpg

Nice gloves, report, and even nicer SR1911! :rockwoot:

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    After running an HSP Carbine course shooter521 was able to provide some insight into using his UA gloves in wet conditions.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...adaptive_carbine_1_may_2_4_2013_lewis_in.html

1) I quickly discovered that the Under Armour Cold Weather shooting gloves I had bought awhile back after reading esrice's review here on INGO (https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...nder_armour_cold_weather_shooting_gloves.html) were virtually useless when manipulating equipment in the rain. Slick gloves plus slick magazines equals dropped gear. I switched back to my Ringers gloves with a more aggressive leather-and-nylon palm and did not have any further problems.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I found two pairs of these gloves at the TJ Maxx in Greenwood yesterday (10/25/13), marked down to $12.99. They were both size SM and had the subdued gray UA logo. These fit my smallish hands snugly.

Top Bottom