• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Water63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    West Central IN
    As someone that cut their teeth on and carried revolvers and now teach autos one slight criticism from this Youtube video. The same thumb over thumb aka high thumb hold so popular with autos theses days is not really the best for wheelguns. Shooters using that grip have a real risk of getting their support thumb burnt from some of the gases that exit the sides at the front of the cylinder. The smaller the revolver the more risk you run.

They don't call a revolver grip a revolver grip for nothing. Just sayin!

I was going to say the same thing. Cool video though.

The Keymaster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Manistee County, MI
    If you want to talk revolvers, learn more about revolvers, see revolvers, buy revolvers, learn how to shoot revolvers, have your revolvers worked on (specifically S&W) stop by and see the fine folks at Sand Burr Gun Ranch in Rochester. Wow, I sound like a commercial.

Ashley spent a lot of time educating my wife on the ins and outs of wheel guns, and Denny is likely the best when it comes to fine tuning them. We now have 4 revolvers in the family, and we love them all.

Last edited:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    As someone that cut their teeth on and carried revolvers and now teach autos one slight criticism from this Youtube video. The same thumb over thumb aka high thumb hold so popular with autos theses days is not really the best for wheelguns. Shooters using that grip have a real risk of getting their support thumb burnt from some of the gases that exit the sides at the front of the cylinder. The smaller the revolver the more risk you run.

They don't call a revolver grip a revolver grip for nothing. Just sayin!

I was going to say the same thing. Cool video though.

I noticed his support hand thumb was black. That's Caleb Giddings of Gun Nuts Media and original contestant on Top Shot. He's also an inactive INGO member and USPSA competitor.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Just thought I would share this.The first pistol I ever owned was a revolver,and I still have it.
    14smq02.jpg
    [/IMG]

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I noticed his support hand thumb was black. That's Caleb Giddings of Gun Nuts Media and original contestant on Top Shot. He's also an inactive INGO member and USPSA competitor.

Then he should know better...I've been shooting revolvers most of my life, and I would never grip one that way.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    My 686 just came back home to me today. :) I sold it earlier in the year when I wasn't working, and last week the INGOer I sold it to put it in the classifieds and I grabbed it back.

686_zpse79b1354.jpg

Nice!
    I love the 686! It's the first revolver I ever shot that I LIKED!
    Always being on the fence about getting one, but never having access to an affordable one at the times I was ready to jump...this model 66-8 crossed my path for a song and a dance a couple weeks ago.

a7325e31-6e66-4c99-b59a-8372190ba111_zpsdf47e45a.jpg

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Nice!
    I love the 686! It's the first revolver I ever shot that I LIKED!
    Always being on the fence about getting one, but never having access to an affordable one at the times I was ready to jump...this model 66-8 crossed my path for a song and a dance a couple weeks ago.

a7325e31-6e66-4c99-b59a-8372190ba111_zpsdf47e45a.jpg

That's a fine looking Smith ya got there Jetgirl!

Top Bottom