• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    I'd ditch the rock salt, and use live rounds, in such a situation. "Ouch!" doesn't carry as much weight as "Omg, theres a 3 inch hole in his chest!"

Oh, I think a bunch of rock salt rapid fire would get the job done. Even in that situation, killing is a last resort. Mobs tend to run from live gun fire. If that fails, though, and they don't, then there's a strategic retreat to a point where the AR comes out. Then, this thing becomes a real disaster. I really don't want to imagine what that looks like.

I still think the Dragon's Breath would put bacon strips in their underwear. Not too many people will run into fire.

Greyson

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2016
    Irvington/Indy
    I am very happy to see people here thinking about this. Seems to me that some varieties of SHTF will include situations whee one can't just shoot your way out.
    My neighborhood has gone from "retirement" homes to "first" homes, to rentals, and to Section 8's. To make matters worse, I-465 could become a natural border in case of "emergency" (martial law).

I have had to make plans!

Some of my plans include joining a group of like-minded people who will help me defend my home, or evacuate. We practice at the range, learn to dehydrate, freeze dry, and can food, we train land navigation, 2 way radios, and all sorts of fun things.

Hopefully training is all we will ever do. If we have to put this into practice, a lot of unprepared people will wish they had planned ahead.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I'd ditch the rock salt, and use live rounds, in such a situation. "Ouch!" doesn't carry as much weight as "Omg, theres a 3 inch hole in his chest!"

+1 Unless you are trying to scare some of Leadeye's rioters, forget it. If you are doing so because you dont want lethal rounds, get something non lethal like beanbags, etc.

Me? If its not 00 Buck, its slugs. No way I'd be running non lethals based on the OP scenario. I'm not a riot cop and I dont need to scare them because they are in a public area and I need them to leave because its game over and time to go home. If I'm leveling my gun at them its past the time to consider non lethal force.

HubertGummer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 7, 2016
    McCordsville
    +1 Unless you are trying to scare some of Leadeye's rioters, forget it. If you are doing so because you dont want lethal rounds, get something non lethal like beanbags, etc.

Me? If its not 00 Buck, its slugs. No way I'd be running non lethals based on the OP scenario. I'm not a riot cop and I dont need to scare them because they are in a public area and I need them to leave because its game over and time to go home. If I'm leveling my gun at them its past the time to consider non lethal force.

^X2

And if Im driving, Im not stopping. Im ok with a torn up truck.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I would start an argument with a few of them

...the rest would then find some excuse to flee the area. ;)

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Some things can not be replaced or even covered by insurance Kut.

Yeah but is it worth risking injury or even death? Not me brother. I was in Cincy working during the Timothy Thomas riots...the mob got within a block of our building, over turning cars, setting stuff on fire....we got the hell out of there.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Oh, I think a bunch of rock salt rapid fire would get the job done. Even in that situation, killing is a last resort. Mobs tend to run from live gun fire. If that fails, though, and they don't, then there's a strategic retreat to a point where the AR comes out. Then, this thing becomes a real disaster. I really don't want to imagine what that looks like.

I still think the Dragon's Breath would put bacon strips in their underwear. Not too many people will run into fire.

Do you actually HAVE rock salt shotshells?

I've never known ANYONE EVER that actually had them.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yeah but is it worth risking injury or even death? Not me brother. I was in Cincy working during the Timothy Thomas riots...the mob got within a block of our building, over turning cars, setting stuff on fire....we got the hell out of there.

If a mob like that comes up against an organized resistance they tend to seek out softer targets.
    I would hate to put this theory to the test but events tend to prove this out.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I don't forsee that amish rioting on my street any time soon, but let's say people decided to drive to the middle of nowhere to riot of a street of 3 houses.

Sadly, I would be forced to stay, and it wouldn't be to protect property or assets that are insured. I would stay to protect family.

Some people have loved ones that aren't capable of fleeing on a whim.[/QUOTE]

[video=youtube;ihE36phavz8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihE36phavz8[/video]

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    If a mob like that comes up against an organized resistance they tend to seek out softer targets. I would hate to put this theory to the test but events tend to prove this out.

Typically...yes! Most times, they're looking for someone / an area, that has little to no defenses or resistance so that they can simply have their way!

But there's always that one idiot, possibly strung-out on drugs, who has to test the waters!

And mob-mentality, when it's out-of-control, can be a powerful thing...not something I'm prepared to stand up against alone!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Typically...yes! Most times, they're looking for someone / an area, that has little to no defenses or resistance so that they can simply have their way!

But there's always that one idiot, possibly strung-out on drugs, who has to test the waters!

And mob-mentality, when it's out-of-control, can be a powerful thing...not something I'm prepared to stand up against alone!

Alone is grey man territory.
    That is why we will be standing in significant numbers if possible.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Alone is grey man territory.
    That is why we will be standing in significant numbers if possible.

Agree. We have defensible land, by the time I have to start reloading magazines there will be a body count greater than the small town we live in, they will be far more determined than I expect if they are still coming. Why would I run to a less defensible place and leave behind everything I have to help me survive the aftermath of what is now obviously a SHTF scenario? Simple civil unrest will not get to that level where I live. If I have to I'll start reloading mags...

My issue would be if I'm on a business trip in the desert in CA when it goes down. Hiking back would be a major PITA.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    This is my street:

1512650_10202046695061961_1540420721_n.jpg

If there's a riot there, the world is screwed. :D There's a reason (or 20) we moved out here. That is one of them. No neighbors = no riots. Also, I can be on my porch in my tighty whities and no one complains.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    This is my street:

1512650_10202046695061961_1540420721_n.jpg

If there's a riot there, the world is screwed. :D There's a reason (or 20) we moved out here. That is one of them. No neighbors = no riots. Also, I can be on my porch in my tighty whities and no one complains.

You act like you wear pants normally.

"Username"

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2016
    Everywhere, so far.
    Pray for the best, prepare for the worst.

I hope that day never comes, but if it does I expect to be manning the posts along with some others.

Should things get bad and I look to be going out, I expect to take as many rioting thugs out with me as humanly possible.

By then, things are well past tolerating their BS.

Top Bottom