• ...and so much more!
  • Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Defend far, defend medium, defend near...if they're still coming it's probably the zombie apocalypse because people with a self preservation instinct tend to start thinking of other places to be. Be prepared and implement the plan. As CM and 'the man with no name' say, if it comes time be a hard target.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    If faced with a mob while driving:

1) turn around to E&E since you might see a street full of thugs at a distance.
    2) turn them into squishy speed bumps while E&E, firing as needed.

A mob on my street, what exactly will be the circumstances?

A human tsunami on foot, looting stores as they go?
    That sounds like something happening in a commercial district. There is a strip mall about 3/4mi from my house but if a group of thugs moved off into the residential area, a lot of other people would solve this problem for me. The neighborhood sounds like a war zone on 12/31 (and pit bulls and german sheperds are the dog of choice too). Likewise, there are some punks (who be among the looters) that practice drive-by shooting on street signs and aiming at the stars. If I bugged out at every sound of trouble, I'd be fleeing my home with some regularity. Yeah, I'm thinking about it, but as an orderly move where I don't abandon all that I own.
    Besides, how do I know I wouldn't be running into the midst of the mob when I turn at the end of a street? I don't have 10,000 rnds saved but I have ammo because defending myself during SHTF is on the spectrum of what might happen. Facing a flood or firestorm? Nothing to do but GTFO but looters aren't looking to be martyrs.

A mad-max post apocalyptic scene of a vehicular-borne armed flash mob--like after an economic collapse, criminals turn to pillaging neighborhoods because there's nothing left in the stores? Bugging out won't be an option at that time and turning them into a free-fire zone will be the proper response. If that kind of SHTF has preceded the mob, you should have either already made an orderly bug-out to your cabin or family farm; or you should have fortified your house like CMs compound and networked with your neighbors to create a bona-fide mutual support network complete with community gardens and interlocking lines of fire for the aforementioned mob.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Have they started rioting in Tulsa yet? I don't think so. I think if you live in an area where things might pop off, leave sooner, rather than later.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Have they started rioting in Tulsa yet? I don't think so. I think if you live in an area where things might pop off, leave sooner, rather than later.
    The real time intel vs. normalcy bias conundrum. In some places, some sirens and the occasional gun shot in the night are the norm instead of a signal for SHTF. A crystal ball would be a great addition to one's preps!

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Geez, I'm kinda surprised how under-gunned you guys are. I mean, c'mon! Doesn't anyone else have a couple remote controlled mini-guns?

Amateurs. :rolleyes:

seagullplayer

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2016
    Crawford Co
    We live where street riots are not an issue.

We have several plans for the trip home from work if that ever becomes an issue.

I'm not sure what would make me stop for a mob, pretty sure I have yet to see it.

Our goal at home is to make sure we are not the path of least resistance.

We have went without power for a week or more on several occasions where we live.
    We also have a source of water that is not grid dependent.

We have good neighbors.

But if I was a city dweller I would plan to leave it with the rats.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Tulsa...............

If just a "pull over".............why was the vehicle in the middle of the road and not pulled over?

Why did the driver walk back to his vehicle?

You'd think folks would act a little more conservative, what with all the police shootings............unless of course they want to die for the "cause".

BTW, how many were shot by the non cops this past weekend in Tulsa, or Chicago, Atlanta, Indianapolis etc.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I'm VP of our HOA, so if a riot occurs, I'll just go out and tell them they need to cease and desist otherwise. If they persist, I'll get our attorney to write a strongly worded letter - that usually works.

We don't worry about this sort or thing in my section of town, but I suppose if BLM was targeting, our "Vanilla Village" would be ideal.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    No riots in K town so far (this week).

The kid with the bullet hole walked himself into the ER, doubt he's talkin' about who dun it.

Code of the street.

Nobody arrested in the death of his brother (shot and dumped on road outside of town few yrs back).

Other brother probably still in prison.

It's the culture.

But if a cop had shot him......................

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I'm VP of our HOA, so if a riot occurs, I'll just go out and tell them they need to cease and desist otherwise. If they persist, I'll get our attorney to write a strongly worded letter - that usually works.

Home owners associations scare me a lot more than the any potential rioting.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Home owners associations scare me a lot more than the any potential rioting.

We're not so bad (or maybe I just drank the koolaid). The usual wrist slappings involve people parking big boats in the driveway and blocking sidewalks.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I absolutely loathe HOA's that tell you what you can have on your property and what you cannot. IT's part of the reason we moved.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I absolutely loathe HOA's that tell you what you can have on your property and what you cannot. IT's part of the reason we moved.

Not to totally thread jack, but I wish people that wanted to trailers and boats would have the same mentality and determination. They knew the rules when they moved in...

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Alone is grey man territory. That is why we will be standing in significant numbers if possible.

In my neighborhood...those, whom I knew, who would stand together, have left (moved away)...and some of the newbies...haven't (and probably won't) spend a lot of time getting involved with...it's just not the same neighborhood as when I moved-in nearly 16 years ago!

Top Bottom