• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    I won't continue with this discussion simply because you are purposely being obtuse. You know exactly what I have been saying, but you continue to spin it to make your talking points. For who's benefit I have NO idea. Feining outrage over something that has been going on for years simply because this time around it is your ox being gored is pathetic. What has happened is NOTHING new.

I will take a guess and say if Paul was going to be the nominee and Romney was whining about "they cheated me, they changed the rules, life's not fair, etc...." the silence would be deafening.

Carry on.

Amen to that, brudda'....... :patriot:

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I will take a guess and say if Paul was going to be the nominee and Romney was whining about "they cheated me, they changed the rules, life's not fair, etc...." the silence would be deafening.

Carry on.

The silence would be deafening because nobody gives a darn about Romney. The only part about him that appeals to anyone is the fact that he's the establishment poster boy for this years run and he's got the full backing of the party. As far as loyal fans of what Romney talking about, try taking a look at the "crowds" he would pull together during the primary election. There's a reason why the cameras would pan left or right because for the most part they needed to keep the 30 - 40 people in the crowd in front of the camera to make it look like Romney could pull a crowd.

I think we could all agree that the "vote the party line" people would be saying the same worn out line about voting for the establishment if it were Herman Cane, Santorum, Bachman, or Newt. Nobody is actually that excited about Romney the guy and you're 100%, the silence would be defening because he doesn't have the support of the people. Ron Paul does have the support of the people as can be represented by his money bombs, & sold out rallies.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    Romneys crowds have jobs. They couldn't all be at the speech. If Ron Paul had more crowds than Romney, why didn't he win the primary? Because he doesn't. He had his chance. He lost. Why are we surprised the RNC wants the convention to be about Romney and not RP? Because they want to win the general election. And they know that continuing a debate:Paul v Romney will not help anything at this point. What did Paul supporters hope would be the outcome of their games?

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Romneys crowds have jobs. They couldn't all be at the speech. Are you really trying to say that Ron Paul supporters don't have jobs? Really? I can only assume that was a failed attempt at a bad joke. If Ron Paul had more crowds than Romney, why didn't he win the primary? For many reasons. He's never won a popularity contest because he doesn't get the same coverage from the media, he doesn't have the same party support because he doesn't play into the party favors(corruption). Because he doesn't. He had his chance. He lost. Why are we surprised the RNC wants the convention to be about Romney and not RP? That's not a surprise at all. All the Ron Paul supporters want is to be treated fairly and for the GOP to honor their own rules. Instead they have taken every oportunity to crap on the RP people they aren't playing into the main stream. Because they want to win the general election. And they know that continuing a debate:Paul v Romney will not help anything at this point. What did Paul supporters hope would be the outcome of their games?

The outcome would be a positive showing at the convention that would get the attention of the GOP establishment and shake up the system. The GOP wanting to pander the to RP numbers of people would change it's message and shift gears towards a more liberty minded campaign. The great strength the GOP had was RP supporters who come hell or high water were going to support their candidate. Instead of embracing that movement and strengthening their own backbone, they chose to dump on it. It was a poorly calculated chess move on their part that we can see has divided the party.

I'm fine with all of that. I'm fine with never referring to myself as a republican again. It's just a word and a dirty word in my book now. What I believe in hasn't changed just because of a political umbrella that I once fell under. Where I have the problem is when GOP establishment fanboys tell me that I owe their candidate my vote just because he's the only d-bag that can beat the other d-bag. That's not what my vote is going to go for.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    I disagree. That was a very good attempt at a bad joke. Being a working Ron Paul supporter I can say that. Allowing the RP club to bring attention to Romeys faults at this time is not in their interest. They understand that. Romney is the guy and they don't want to portray him as less liberty minded than another candidate. It's pretty basic marketing here. You don't call attention to your weakness just before the big one. And contrary to popular INGO belief most people think the RP camp to be childish whiners and sore losers as they draw attention to themselves this way.
    Finally, don't think that you have to be a republican fan boy to want to see Romney beat Obama. I know a lot of Paul and Santorum supporters who would have preferred to see their horse in the race but they understand that their horse can no longer compete. So they bet on the next best thing. (please no rehash of the Romney = Obama argument)

ssblair

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    Elkhart County
    I look at it as a market correction and purging the system of sickness. If there was to be an economic collapse and government finally realized that people have to take care of themselves then you'd see an end to a lot of government programs. You'd also see the troops come home and the US to stop being the worlds policeman/dramaqueen. Please don't think that I like the idea by any means. I wish we'd have stayed on the gold standard, and allowed competing currencies, but instead we've printed ourselves into stupidity with no means to pay the bill. If we went through a bankrupty it'd purge some of the sickness from the system and we'd all be better off on the other side.

I believe that bankruptcy is coming and a vote for Obama will get us there sooner than a vote for Romney. At that point it becomes a matter of if you want to rip a bandage off, or take the pain slowly.

I would be afraid that an economic collapse would bring, instead of a "market correction" that sets the govt head back on straight, another version/coming of Mao's China--starvation and totalitarianism on the part of government in the name of "helping the People to survive". There might be a few more fireworks over here, since more of us are armed than the "rebel Chinese", but when push comes to shove, govt is going to take measures of self-preservation uber alles... The guys in front of the angry mob of protestors waiving around copies of the US Constitution will get shot down or burned because "govt aint got time to mess around" :rolleyes:

And I do believe that this has happened--in America--before; 1932, Douglas MacArthur and George Patton attacked a large crowd of protestors in the National Mall?

Last edited:

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County

Mosineer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    The silence would be deafening because nobody gives a darn about Romney. The only part about him that appeals to anyone is the fact that he's the establishment poster boy for this years run and he's got the full backing of the party. As far as loyal fans of what Romney talking about, try taking a look at the "crowds" he would pull together during the primary election. There's a reason why the cameras would pan left or right because for the most part they needed to keep the 30 - 40 people in the crowd in front of the camera to make it look like Romney could pull a crowd.

I think we could all agree that the "vote the party line" people would be saying the same worn out line about voting for the establishment if it were Herman Cane, Santorum, Bachman, or Newt. Nobody is actually that excited about Romney the guy and you're 100%, the silence would be defening because he doesn't have the support of the people. Ron Paul does have the support of the people as can be represented by his money bombs, & sold out rallies.

Well, actually my name isn’t nobody. And WE are excited that Romney might have a chance to remove Obama from power. What is inane to me is why anybody who is any kind of libertarian would want the antinomy of libertarianism back in office for another term. Making a point? If we continue on the same course we are now and Obama has the opportunity to appoint up to three more liberal Supremes, I don’t believe those that will suffer will give a crap sandwich about your point. You and those that believe as you do are fine and dandy. Good for ya. That’s what founding fathers wanted, diverse opinions and beliefs. Unfortunately some of your suppositions are just untrue. You are wrong that nobody cares about Romney, there are millions of us. We also care about our country, family, and our future, not just for ourselves, but for all. We try not to limit our aspirations to just making a point.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Well, actually my name isn’t nobody. And WE are excited that Romney might have a chance to remove Obama from power. What is inane to me is why anybody who is any kind of libertarian would want the antinomy of libertarianism back in office for another term. Making a point? If we continue on the same course we are now and Obama has the opportunity to appoint up to three more liberal Supremes, I don’t believe those that will suffer will give a crap sandwich about your point. You and those that believe as you do are fine and dandy. Good for ya. That’s what founding fathers wanted, diverse opinions and beliefs. Unfortunately some of your suppositions are just untrue. You are wrong that nobody cares about Romney, there are millions of us. We also care about our country, family, and our future, not just for ourselves, but for all. We try not to limit our aspirations to just making a point.

And what happens if Romney appoints 3 Roberts?

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    I won't continue with this discussion simply because you are purposely being obtuse. You know exactly what I have been saying, but you continue to spin it to make your talking points. For who's benefit I have NO idea. Feining outrage over something that has been going on for years simply because this time around it is your ox being gored is pathetic. What has happened is NOTHING new.

Carry on.

Intentionally obtuse. I was thinking the same thing about you.

Congratulations on the last word; I have no more spit to offer the wind.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    “As president, Mitt WILLnominate judges in the mold of Chief Justice Roberts and Justices Scalia, Thomas, and Alito,” the “Courts & Constitution” section of Romney’s website continues to read hours after the decision was handed down.

Read more: Romney website: ‘Mitt will nominate judges in the mold of Chief Justice Roberts’ | The Daily Caller

Well he also included the others. If he had changed it people would be crying about how Romney changes stuff. He can't win. What's your point?

Top Bottom