• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Technically correct, but still missing the bigger picture. I doubt the Rodeo owners would have ditched the guy if it weren't for the threats (veiled or otherwise) from the Obamanation. Some people would call that extortion.

OR... it would be called good business. If that rodeo clown is a factor in whether or not people plant their asses in the stands, then I would fire him too.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    Yeah, because rodeo fans are notorious Obama supporters.

What was it you said earlier Lucky? Rodeos are dumb? Pretty standard thinking from the average Obama supporter I would think. Even your "country democrats" are unlikely to care if Obama is depicted as a clown. No, my guess, as CarmelHP so eloquently stated, is that most of the complaints came from persons, not frequenting the rodeo, but in a position to do the rodeo harm in someway if their demands were not met.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Its no different from somebody getting banned from INGO. The property owner makes the rules and removes people he doesn't want.It has absolutely nothing to do with the 1st Amendment.We are not entitled to post anything we please on somebody else's website. That clown is not entitled to do anything he wants in somebody else's rodeo.Property owners are not governed by the constitution - the government is.The fact that all the talking heads promote these kind of issues (while remaining silent on real infringements) screams distraction!

Technically correct, but still missing the bigger picture. I doubt the Rodeo owners would have ditched the guy if it weren't for the threats (veiled or otherwise) from the Obamanation. Some people would call that extortion.

I assume rambone's post was in response to mine. Viper is correct--rambone is technically correct in all his points. But the larger problem is the mindset that underlies it. Especially repugnant is the fear of mocking and criticizing our government for fear of reprisal and the lack of pushback by the parts of our society whose job it is to call people out for doing it.

Jerchap2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    Central Indiana
    I have to disagree. This is a pattern of intimidation in our culture now. Speak ill of the cult leader, and the cult shall rain down upon you. A journalist lost his job because of his criticism of the President.

That is LITERALLY the job of journalists, to be critical and question the President's actions. But today, journalists are rushing to "correct" the Dem Leaders when they goof up, tell us "what they meant to say was...", and other ridiculous lapdoggery.

Any other president, you'd be right. But this cult of personality is sick, and is very comparable to less savoury nations.

:yesway::yesway:

Jerchap2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    Central Indiana
    I assume rambone's post was in response to mine. Viper is correct--rambone is technically correct in all his points. But the larger problem is the mindset that underlies it. Especially repugnant is the fear of mocking and criticizing our government for fear of reprisal and the lack of pushback by the parts of our society whose job it is to call people out for doing it.

Spot on. :yesway::yesway:

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    The drum beats continue. This morning on the Today Show, they assured us there was nationwide outrage...

I was outraged that the (R) of that state were outraged........where were the (D) at when they made Bush look a like manikins and were hanging them from trees saying "death to Bush!".

semperfi211

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Near Lowell
    556423_673024056060931_1363592893_n.jpg

renauldo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jul 7, 2013
    2 close 2 Illinois
    Obama needs to acknowledge the Rodeo Clown thing is another distraction this time from his camp keeping "his government" from accomplishing anything.

Last edited:

gstanley102

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 26, 2012
    Delphi
    I really don't see what the big deal is. People lose their jobs over far less. Employment is always at the pleasure of the employer. The clown's constitutional rights weren't violated. He still could continue to do his Obama act. Employers are at liberty to choose whether they want to pay him for it. They decided his act is not worth the hassle. By comparison, the dissidents in these other countries actually lost their freedom and some of their basic human rights. That's some serious stuff, and we shouldn't trivialize it by comparing it with some clown. That's the point I wanted to make.

If you want to get outraged about problems with the government, there are far bigger things. This sort of stuff is the kind of distraction popular with the news media today. They take your eyes off the really important stuff, and make you focus on some small, insignificant thing. They get you all worked up over a partisan matter. In the meanwhile, you're still getting groped at the airports, your tax dollars are being used to rescue big corporations, and your sons and daughters are losing their life and limb in conflicts around the world that most Americans no longer support. Bread and circus, folks, bread and circus.

You are correct. Employment is at the pleasure of the employer.

A rodeo clown has two jobs, 1-protect the participants, 2-entertain the crowd.

Because some thin skinned person didn't think the mask was funny he lost his job for life in Missouri.

Wow! What a country!

By the way I am not outraged, just disappointed that some think the resultant action was equitable.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I expect that, after the hoorah is all over, he will be quietly re-instated or will have no particular problem finding work elsewhere. MOST people aren't race-baiting bastards ruled by their emotions and prejudices, so all the outrage will blow over. Now LET THE BACKLASH BEGIN!!! MUA HA HAHA!

Top Bottom