Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (teaser trailer)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Perhaps my geek got the better of me and I was projecting on to you, apologies. I feel you on the girl power vibe, it definitely was coming through on the trailer.

Explain this. I'm not following. Would it be a "man power vibe" if the actress had been replaced with a man?

RevoWood123

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2015
    North Louisville (So Ind)
    With Disney involved, do you really think that they would allow a single shekel to slip through their fingers?

I have no reservations to thinking that Disney isn't going to capitalize in every way they can off the franchise, that doesn't bother me one bit. What I am happy about is that they are more in-tune with the fan base who want more movies, want more stories, and they are employing a lot of people who are passionate about the franchise to get it done. That is one thing Disney does well, they understand their patrons/ customers. People who love Disney are still gonna go even though ticket prices will rise, and Disney will continue to invest into those people's wants because that's going to mean more revenue in the end.

RevoWood123

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2015
    Explain this. I'm not following. Would it be a "man power vibe" if the actress had been replaced with a man?

They show a woman in power of the rebellion, a female heroin who is strong and formidable, not to mention in the Force Awakens there is Rey who is going to be a powerful force once trained. I feel as though they are pushing through an agenda that shows that women can be powerful as well. (Yes women can be strong and powerful people just the same as men). I don't care that film makers want have an agenda that they may want to convey to an audience, I also don't care that they are promoting women as being strong leaders or formidable heroins of stories, what I do care about is if I will be entertained if I spend my money to watch the film. The previous films were primarily dominated by males in power positions, they want to showcase women in the newer films. It makes do difference to me so long as the story is good and the movie is worth what I pay to see it.

varadatt

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2013
    Castleton
    They show a woman in power of the rebellion, a female heroin who is strong and formidable, not to mention in the Force Awakens there is Rey who is going to be a powerful force once trained. I feel as though they are pushing through an agenda that shows that women can be powerful as well. (Yes women can be strong and powerful people just the same as men). I don't care that film makers want have an agenda that they may want to convey to an audience, I also don't care that they are promoting women as being strong leaders or formidable heroins of stories, what I do care about is if I will be entertained if I spend my money to watch the film. The previous films were primarily dominated by males in power positions, they want to showcase women in the newer films. It makes do difference to me so long as the story is good and the movie is worth what I pay to see it.

This. I don't care man woman, black or white etc. if the movie is good I don't care who is doing the acting. As long as I don't get preached to and walk away entertained.

I can't wait to see the AT-ATs again and even the clones.
    Since this is before the original movie I assume this would be the mission that gets the Death Star plans to Leiah sent with R2D2?

Last edited:

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    squeeing like a little school girl! but the bad news, my gf HATES starwars, she fell asleep during tfa, I was at shoe carnival last nite and almost bought a new pair of shoes
    View attachment 46463

she rolled her eyes and walked away...if she didn't buy me so many guns, this would be a deal breaker

RevoWood123

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2015
    squeeing like a little school girl! but the bad news, my gf HATES starwars, she fell asleep during tfa, I was at shoe carnival last nite and almost bought a new pair of shoes
    View attachment 46463

she rolled her eyes and walked away...if she didn't buy me so many guns, this would be a deal breaker

You don't need that kind of negativity in your life man. I had my wife watch all of the movies from beginning to end, she came around and started to understand the love for it.

historian

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    SD by residency, Hoosier by heart

Mon Mothma has always been the rebellion's political leader...

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Fair enough.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis

Right. If your story features females, or people of color, by all means. However, I'm having a hard time imagining the next Star Wars spin-off, whatever that may be, feature a white male protagonist. That's just my assumption, and I may be wrong... but I really doubt it'll happen again.

Hire good actors and actresses for your movies, and keep "affirmative action" and "title IX" approaches out of casting.

This says nothing of the quality of this movie, and it may be amazing. I'm just seeing this sort of agenda in video games (MAKE LINK A GIRL, SAMUS IS TRANS, DERP) all the time... and I'd hate to see it spread into cinema and become noticeably prevalent.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Right. If your story features females, or people of color, by all means. However, I'm having a hard time imagining the next Star Wars spin-off, whatever that may be, feature a white male protagonist. That's just my assumption, and I may be wrong... but I really doubt it'll happen again.

Hire good actors and actresses for your movies, and keep "affirmative action" and "title IX" approaches out of casting.

This says nothing of the quality of this movie, and it may be amazing. I'm just seeing this sort of agenda in video games (MAKE LINK A GIRL, SAMUS IS TRANS, DERP) all the time... and I'd hate to see it spread into cinema and become noticeably prevalent.

#Minority Privilege? Lol.

Unfortunately, my limited Star War knowledge friend, the next Star Wars spin-off, after Rogue One will be based on a young Han Solo.... and unless they have decided to give him a tan or reassign his gender, he's a pretty legit white guy.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    You don't need that kind of negativity in your life man. I had my wife watch all of the movies from beginning to end, she came around and started to understand the love for it.

but of the last 5 guns I got, she paid for 3 of them!(I won 1 of the other two), I can make that kind of sacrifice!

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Didn't I catch a glimpse of Tarkin?

(Or does he not count as "major"?)

ETA: Also, Mon Mothma.

That might have been Tarkin. I don't consider him a major character. I fully expect to see other characters seen in the other films, just not core characters that have their own stories to explore. Characters like Admiral Akbar, Jabba, Ashoka, and others seem like they could make appearances.

JWAS

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 22, 2011
    Dayton
    That might have been Tarkin. I don't consider him a major character. I fully expect to see other characters seen in the other films, just not core characters that have their own stories to explore. Characters like Admiral Akbar, Jabba, Ashoka, and others seem like they could make appearances.

So what are your thoughts on the 2nd season finale of Rebels? Either, you havent seen it yet, or you are one of those, like me, that feel a certain way about the ending...

bauerr3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 29, 2013
    Southside
    So what are your thoughts on the 2nd season finale of Rebels? Either, you havent seen it yet, or you are one of those, like me, that feel a certain way about the ending...

I haven't seen Rebels yet, but I somehow stumbled on how it ended...I'm really hoping the feeling you have is right

Top Bottom