• ...and so much more!
  • Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I'm not going to build a PSL, I'm not going to build a PSL, I'm not going to build a PSL... Really, it's a "designated marksman" rifle, not a proper sniper rifle. If you get lucky, you may get one that groups well, but mostly, it's just meant to be "better than an AK". I've been tempted, but from what I read it's nothing really special, accuracy-wise.

Grim714

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 9, 2012
    Dayton Indiana
    I love mine. It's pretty and fun to shoot. I'm shooting Bulgarian surplus, mine shoots around 3 inches at 100 yards. hopefully it will be better with different ammo

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    Some of this intro was from an older post,,

Here is an older target sat at 180-190 yards, notice the smiley face and groups some of this target received, This was not all at once, but in small sessions of 3-4 rounds at a time,
    And look in the left corner, during my session a fellow shooter noticed how much I was enjoying my new rifle and wanted to see if I could take out an egg on top off my target, amazingly and confident i took it out first shot, you can see where the egg has splattered. The "#39" shots were 7.62 x 39 my brother was shooting.

I was going for tighter "head shots" with this target, If this was a real situation I would go for mass, I think these results were exceptionally well for this ak platform

I don't use anything over 160 grain

look at #2 #3 grouping of 3
    #1 has two holes on top and 1, 1 inch below the shot on the kneck and two to the chest were "called out"

wol_error.gif
    This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 768x1024 and weights 67KB.
    S5031058.jpg

Here is some steel 170-180yds all head shots called out and some nice center of mass shots

IMAG0400.jpg

and some paper sent out at 150 head shot drillin:D nice shots you can see where the barrel warms up and starts to drift, not bad for a crude DMR
    S5031059.jpg

Im fortunite to have a really nice CUGIR built PSL my receiver strangely has a " romy moon" stamp?? everything is square and perfect, 99 % matching.

IMO
    The psl does exactly as it was intended to do HIT or KILL man sized targets with a hard hitting round that can get sent out somewhat accuratly.

I cant speak for those that have a mess of a PSL.

Last edited:

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    mine is good for about 1.75 to 2 MOA which is fine with me! this was with Bulgy light ball. Ive got some 7N1 to try in it but I haven't gotten to it yet.

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    Ive got some 7N1 to try in it but I haven't gotten to it yet.[/QUOTE] "clay"

On that steel, the "heart" shot was the first shot I went for, then a direct head shot, not sure about 7N1 groupings but this round went exactly where I put it,

almost laser guided:D I just wish I had more to play with..

S5031032.jpg

Last edited:

Shootin'IN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2010
    S.W. Indiana
    My Romanian PSL will hit the first shot on an 18" gong at 395yds. but after that as long as the barrel is hot it will hit just as indyk says.
    The problem is that the barrel heats up different ways each shot so you get a scattered pattern.
    2nq9nrm.jpg

Horse

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 27, 2011
    Bloomington
    Sorry - but they are as accurate as a PSL.
    Ammo limitations are what hamstrings most 54R rifles, not the platform.

My PSL can do this:
    IMAGE_135.jpg

Last edited:

Horse

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 27, 2011
    Bloomington
    16" with 1 hour between shots with the rifle encased in concrete

100m, 5 quick shots in an already warm/hot rifle, mild humidity, Hungarian LB- unfortunately not me pulling the trigger. :(
    5th shot is under the quarter. That makes my rifle capable of less than 1 MOA. :evilangel:

I havn't shot a VEPR with that ability yet. But then again my PSL with me shooting it is a 1-2 MOA rifle, which I have been able to do in a VEPR. :dunno:

But you an still keep beating me if you want. . .

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    7n1 ammo about 1.5 to 1.75 100yd on my psl (5 shot group) my 91/30 ex sniper a little bit better than that.... never shot a vepr so i have no imput there.... now my 8mm m76 a tad over 1moa(1.2moa?) with cheap privi ammo again 100yd .... but again 7n1 ammo is pricely now a days i paid a good deal for it years ago and its over doubled sense then luckly i still have about 400 rds and i aint parting with it

Top Bottom