• ...and so much more!
  • Don

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 17, 2008
    Greenfield
    I got a 1946 mosin m44 that I got NEW to me and Soviet Russia, It still had oild paper around it and LOTS of cosmo. The bore looks like it was cut yesterday. I wanna give some 7n1 a throw outta that and my Finn M39. :)

Cannon

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    I had one and with 7N1 I could get 1 moa. Once the barrel heated up it didn't matter what I used. I'm talking 4 or better moa. It was a lot of fun. I ended up trading it because I just could not get consistent groups once the barrel heated up. Sold the 7N1 for quite a bit more than I had in it.

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    I had one and with 7N1 I could get 1 moa. Once the barrel heated up it didn't matter what I used. I'm talking 4 or better moa. It was a lot of fun. I ended up trading it because I just could not get consistent groups once the barrel heated up. Sold the 7N1 for quite a bit more than I had in it.

You got rid of it cause it wouldnt group consistantly?
    What about a man sized target do you think it would stay within 15 inches on every shot?

What expectations did you have coming into this platform, 1, 2 3 ,MOA sub MOA?

It seem allllllot of folks here and beyond measure the accuracy/quality of eastern style combat rifles in the same context/comparison of western rifles.

In my perspective folks commonly measures the quality of a rifle due to its ability to acheive MOA accuracies and consistent groupings. This is typically not so with the AK platform, again AK type rifles are simply designed to hit a man sized target fast and aggressively without any possible chance of malfunction, not used for precision match shooting.

quote WIKI
    The DM role fills the gap between a regular infantryman and a sniper and DMRs have been developed with this middle ground in mind.
    The PSL a DMR.
    anymore than this requires a "precision shooter" and a more precise rifle.

Although i like to think Im somewhat accurate with all my AK rifles. If I owned something like an M39EMR I could fulfill both the DMR role as well as the sniper:D

:blahblah:

Last edited:

Cannon

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    You got rid of it cause it wouldnt group consistantly?
    What about a man sized target do you think it would stay within 15 inches on every shot?

What expectations did you have coming into this platform, 1, 2 3 ,MOA sub MOA?

It seem allllllot of folks here and beyond measure the accuracy/quality of eastern style combat rifles in the same context/comparison of western rifles.

In my perspective folks commonly measures the quality of a rifle due to its ability to acheive MOA accuracies and consistent groupings. This is typically not so with the AK platform, again AK type rifles are simply designed to hit a man sized target fast and aggressively without any possible chance of malfunction, not used for precision match shooting.

quote WIKI
    The DM role fills the gap between a regular infantryman and a sniper and DMRs have been developed with this middle ground in mind.
    The PSL a DMR.
    anymore than this requires a "precision shooter" and a more precise rifle.

Although i like to think Im somewhat accurate with all my AK rifles. If I owned something like an M39EMR I could fulfill both the DMR role as well as the sniper:D

:blahblah:

I'm not looking for your approval. I had the gun for 3 years and shot it quite a bit. It was fun, as I said. I had some pretty good groups with the gun and it did feed reliably as it tossed spent cases 20 feet away. I would probably get another some day if the price was right.

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    i think the psl gets a bad wrap cause people think every rifle that will accept a scope is tack driver.... i like it because i like ak's and its the meanest ak on the block (besides the m76 got one of those too lol) for me its a weapon i saw in Iraq so i have a connection with it..... i love it... and thats the same reason i thinking about making a tabuk 7.62x39 clone is that rifle a tack driver no... but i like it so i couldn't care less about what anyone else thinks about it

Top Bottom