Ron Paul sides with Putin. Says Ukraine and the US are responsible...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Maybe Mr. Paul would like to explain the other aircraft they previously shot down and claimed credit for?
    Exactly.

Here's my theory...Ukraine downed their own aircraft. It seems according to some that they are the only ones in the area that know how to use those Russian made launchers.

See, I can do it too.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    wpid-polls_ron_paul_tin_foil_hat_256x300_2443_657824_poll_xlarge1.jpeg

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Just stop. Nobody around here cares what he was really trying to say. The INGOPublicans hate Ron Paul so much that he could have said "the sky is blue somewhere in the world" and they'd all harp that somewhere in the world the sky is gray, therefore Ron Paul is an idiot.

They don't want to actually read and grasp what he said. They want to hate on Ron Paul because he's Ron Paul.

You're right. Stopping.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Scratch that, I'm not done yet.

Here on INGO Obama is commonly known as "liar in chief". But as long as his administration is spouting the propaganda that we want to hear, we accept it without question. Even if it is clearly premature. And **** all over Ron Paul if he dares to question Obama.

Interesting. Ok, now I'm stopping.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Scratch that, I'm not done yet.

Here on INGO Obama is commonly known as "liar in chief". But as long as his administration is spouting the propaganda that we want to hear, we accept it without question. Even if it is clearly premature. And **** all over Ron Paul if he dares to question Obama.

Interesting. Ok, now I'm stopping.
    Good. Because this is getting ridiculous.

Paul jumped the shark with this. He looks like a fool for blaming America for getting it wrong (which it didn't) and doesn't seem to bat an eye at the blatant LIES being spread by his buddy Putin.

The Drifter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    Cedar Lake
    Why does are government give a crap about any of this . Let them fight it out , who the fcuc cares . Just smoke and mirrors , look here while we do something to take away more of your freedom .

Henry

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2014
    Athome
    The article looks to point out omission by the media of a number of pertinent facts surrounding the conflict and a rush to conclusions before all the facts are known.

"The real point is, it's very difficult to get accurate information so EVERYBODY engages in propaganda."

So far, all folks have is what the media has told them before an investigation has even been conducted. Of course, we know the media never gets it wrong...and is trustworthy.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    So you don't think we have an obligation to protect the innocent either?

Obviously we, as a country don't feel an obligation to protect ALL of the innocent (unless you would argue that we do have an obligation to protect all the innocent, but that our definition of "innocent" might differ), because there have been multitudes who might be thought of as innocents that have suffered while we looked on.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    If you go to McDs in Gary, IN as oppose to "some other town with less crime", IN and don't take some type of protection with you (ie. a bat, a knife, a gun, a security detail, etc.) and some one comes into McDs to rob it and shoots up the place and hits you or your family who is to blame?

You made the choice to go to that McDs knowing full well that Gary, IN is a high crime area.
    Further you went their with no plan to defend yourself.

Yes the robber is to blame for his action but so are you for your lack of actions (ie. decisions, and prep).
    Same concept above just it does not include self defense.

I can't help but wonder if you make the same sort of personal risk assessment every time you get into your vehicle to go to the store for milk. You could get t-boned by someone who is drunk, high, or just running from the police; you could get shot by some punk gang members "making their bones"; you could get hit by a crashing helicopter. And, by your reckoning, it would be your fault - you should have foreseen the hazards and avoided them.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I can't help but wonder if you make the same sort of personal risk assessment every time you get into your vehicle to go to the store for milk. You could get t-boned by someone who is drunk, high, or just running from the police; you could get shot by some punk gang members "making their bones"; you could get hit by a crashing helicopter. And, by your reckoning, it would be your fault - you should have foreseen the hazards and avoided them.

BTDT and strangely enough, I don't feel an ounce of responsibility for what happened for being on that road at that time

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Or let's put it in another light: there are thousands of flights per day over "war zones" in this world. Aircraft fly over the Middle East (El Al is STILL flying into and out of Ben Gurion Airport), they fly over Africa (Sudan, Yemen, Egypt), they fly over Eastern Europe (Russia, Georgia, Chechnya) and they fly over the Far East (Indonesia, Burma, Thailand) without getting shot down. We'll probably never know why the Captain chose to fly over that part of the Ukraine, but I doubt he considered the risk of being shot down by a SAM at over 5 miles above the "war zone" - he may not have realized that there were weapons on the ground capable of shooting at him at that altitude.

And, as to what we Americans might have known and when we might have known it, I dare say that since our HUMINT capabilities are for crap in that area, we have technical capabilities in the area (read "spy sats") which are known to have the capability to read a license plate. I suspect we know from where the missile was fired; I suspect we can probably identify the missiles that remained on the launcher immediately after firing, and we may even have the identification number (if any) of the launch vehicle as it left the area. We certainly have the interest in what's going on over there to have tasked the resources to tell us, and while we may not reveal all we know, I'm pretty certain we knew early on exactly which side was responsible and what weapon was used to do the deed.

billt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Glendale, Arizona
    If this ass clown wants to help his son advance in politics, the smartest thing he can do is SHUT THE HELL UP! If Rand Paul decides to run, every liberal news outlet in the country will be shoving a microphone in his mentally absent fathers face. The guy leaves Biden in the dust at being a train wreck a minute.

juans

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 30, 2013
    indianapolis
    Ron Paul used to be a good politician. I think now he is just way out there. He should shut up and stop making crazy statements. I feel he just like to stir controversy!!

billt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Glendale, Arizona
    It should be common knowledge by now that Malaysia, along with it's national airline, is not run by the sharpest knives in the drawer. They took a stupid chance not just in over flying a war zone, but a war zone where separatist thugs are known to be in possession of surface to air missiles. They tried to save a little fuel and time. It didn't go their way, and almost 300 people paid with their lives. Once again common sense was absent in the decision making process that was made by the airline. A smarter call on their part, and this whole disaster could have been avoided. The politicians can finger point all they want. The pilot put the plane on that Kamikaze course, and he did so on orders from the airline he worked for. You don't pet a dog you know to be vicious, then blame it when you get bit.

Top Bottom