• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • .45 Dave

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Anderson
    Example: Gingrich says he'll ignore the courts and steamroll right over any decisions they make. That scares the bejeezus out of me, that someone could say that, out loud, in public, during the present campaign, and still expect to be elected.

Not true. If you followed the conversation at all, he never said any such thing. What he said did not even apply to the Presidency but to the Congress. The President is powerless in that regard but the way the news played it, they made you believe the nonsense they were pushing.

Now, on to the truth. If congress decides to impeach a judge it is up to the Senate to hold a trial. Judges are not above the law and in fact the judiciary is supposed to be the weakest of the branches of government. They are not supposed to make law but judge based on law. The judge Gingrich mentioned made a decision that was against both the Constitution and the law. This judge should be impeached. If he refused to come before Congress to answer questions, then do you think he should be above the law? Do you think he has the right to refuse without consequences? Remember, in this instance, Congress is the law.

As an interesting side-note, Thomas Jefferson feared that the Supreme Court would assume too much authority and rule on the Constitution in favor of big government.
    Jefferson Thinks Supreme Court

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    More evidence that this kind of stuff whether it's true or not just is'nt gonna go away overnight.

Here's a piece from Reuters that brings up an ad for Ron Paul's newsletter that suggest he was engaging in fear mongering and conspiracy theories for profit.

Be sure to click on the link in the article and it will take you to a pdf. that shows an actual copy of the advertisement in Paul's name for the newsletters.

In ad for newsletter, Ron Paul forecast race war | Reuters
    A direct-mail solicitation for Ron Paul's political and investment newsletters two decades ago warned of a "coming race war in our big cities" and of a "federal-homosexual cover-up" to play down the impact of AIDS.
    The eight-page letter, which appears to carry Paul's signature at the end, also warns that the U.S. government's redesign of currency to include different colors - a move aimed at thwarting counterfeiters - actually was part of a plot to allow the government to track Americans using the "new money."

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    I have read the newsletters.

I still have copies of all 15 that Jamie Kirchick referenced in his 1/10/08 "article"; I saved them, thinking they wouldn't be available forever...I don't think they were even available for months.

If you can't find them, it's not likely that your Google-fu is suffering, but that they simply aren't out there to be had.

As I said in another thread that I jacked, there were a few questionable comments; the rest were spun so hard as to make my washing machine feel inadequate.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I have read the newsletters.

I still have copies of all 15 that Jamie Kirchick referenced in his 1/10/08 "article"; I saved them, thinking they wouldn't be available forever...I don't think they were even available for months.

If you can't find them, it's not likely that your Google-fu is suffering, but that they simply aren't out there to be had.

As I said in another thread that I jacked, there were a few questionable comments; the rest were spun so hard as to make my washing machine feel inadequate.
    This is'nt any newsletter. It's concerning an actual solicitation mailing put out in Ron Paul's name to try and get people to pony up some money to subscribe to the newsletters. Click on the link in the article to view an pdf. of the mailing. I have'nt seen it or heard it discussed before.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    This is'nt any newsletter. It's concerning an actual solicitation mailing put out in Ron Paul's name to try and get people to pony up some money to subscribe to the newsletters. Click on the link in the article to view an pdf. of the mailing. I have'nt seen it or heard it discussed before.

Hadn't read your post yet.

The OP was on the newsletters, and I was posting in that regard.

I have since read your post and most of the linked PDF now.

I don't see it going away either.

The letter looks like some serious fear mongering in hindsight; "red meat for the base" at the time. I particularly enjoyed the invoking of "sheep" imagery :D

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    Example: Gingrich says he'll ignore the courts and steamroll right over any decisions they make. That scares the bejeezus out of me, that someone could say that, out loud, in public, during the present campaign, and still expect to be elected.

Not true. If you followed the conversation at all, he never said any such thing. What he said did not even apply to the Presidency but to the Congress. The President is powerless in that regard but the way the news played it, they made you believe the nonsense they were pushing.

Now, on to the truth. If congress decides to impeach a judge it is up to the Senate to hold a trial. Judges are not above the law and in fact the judiciary is supposed to be the weakest of the branches of government. They are not supposed to make law but judge based on law. The judge Gingrich mentioned made a decision that was against both the Constitution and the law. This judge should be impeached. If he refused to come before Congress to answer questions, then do you think he should be above the law? Do you think he has the right to refuse without consequences? Remember, in this instance, Congress is the law.

There ya go and interject perspective into the conversation! I've disliked Newt for two days until I read that, now I like him again.

Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County
    Just read the pdf, and seems he may be clarvoiant. We have the left trying to insite the very thing he was predicting 20 years ago.

The media might want to let this drop.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Hadn't read your post yet.

The OP was on the newsletters, and I was posting in that regard.

I have since read your post and most of the linked PDF now.

I don't see it going away either.

The letter looks like some serious fear mongering in hindsight; "red meat for the base" at the time. I particularly enjoyed the invoking of "sheep" imagery :D
    Yeah that's what I was getting at. Right or wrong I think this is gonna become a bigger issue as time goes on.

It's become a 15+ year old mess that just won't die and it's a perfect candidate for political fodder.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    Yeah that's what I was getting at. Right or wrong I think this is gonna become a bigger issue as time goes on no matter how much his supporters try to poo-poo this stuff and attempt to put a lid on it.

It's become a 15+ year old mess that just won't die and it's a perfect candidate for political fodder.

No question.

The "good" news is they couldn't even wait until New Hampshire to pull these out this time; further evidence of the spread of his ideas.

Not a unicorn in every pot, but more folks are at least considering their existence (tips hat to dross).

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Just read the pdf, and seems he may be clarvoiant. We have the left trying to insite the very thing he was predicting 20 years ago.

The media might want to let this drop.
    That's not how it will be spun by the media. They will play up the fear mongering nutty conspiracy theory for profit angle to the hilt. Just like this Reuters article is doing.

Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County
    That's not how it will be spun by the media. They will play up the fear mongering nutty conspiracy theory for profit angle to the hilt. Just like this Reuters article is doing.

Dr Paul is not an idiot. I am quite certain he could turn this one on them. All he need do is point out the obvious that many already see. I currently see him as having the establishement and the media in a quandry. They ignore him and his fame grows, they put a microphone in front of him and he delivers his message.

Can he get past this or win? I don't know, but it is wonderful that he is shaking the cages with vigor.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Can he get past this or win? I don't know, but it is wonderful that he is shaking the cages with vigor.
    Except when you are the one in the cage. They built a pen around Paul long ago.

One on One Paul will never win a battle with the press. Intelligence and logic are not even needed to win a media battle. Ruthlessness, perserverance and a willingness to put winning first over all else. That is why Trump has a larger audience then Paul. Trump built his image, Paul did not.

Paul can not handle the media, they handle him.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    Except when you are the one in the cage. They built a pen around Paul long ago.

One on One Paul will never win a battle with the press. Intelligence and logic are not even needed to win a media battle. Ruthlessness, perserverance and a willingness to put winning first over all else. That is why Trump has a larger audience then Paul. Trump built his image, Paul did not.

Paul can not handle the media, they handle him.

New Paul Campaign Theme:

http://youtu.be/pBZs_Py-1_0

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    Yes, but he's still close with Rockwell, so he's going to have to deal with it. Trying to stick to his pat answer and walking out of interviews is just going to make it bigger issue. One that goes straight to the heart of his - dare I say it - electability.

Lew Rockwell is a hero amongst men.
    Ron Paul is the only candidate who even understands the problems our Republic is up against, and for decades this has been the case.

If Ron Paul is supposedly racist, then I demand you demonstrate the fact or stop libelling the man. I can pen a dozen different polemics and then add your stamp of approval whether or not you authorized the messages. Prove it or shut up. The man's no more a racist than Robert Heinlein.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Lew Rockwell is a hero amongst men.
    Ron Paul is the only candidate who even understands the problems our Republic is up against, and for decades this has been the case.

If Ron Paul is supposedly racist, then I demand you demonstrate the fact or stop libelling the man. I can pen a dozen different polemics and then add your stamp of approval whether or not you authorized the messages. Prove it or shut up. The man's no more a racist than Robert Heinlein.
    Might wanna slow down there just a tad bit. Who called anyone racist? I think the main issue being brought up here is RP's handling of the whole situation and allowing such things to be put out under his name in which his company profited from.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Looking into this, there appears to be something to it. At the worst, Paul wrote these, or approved their publication. At the best, he has finessed the issue.

It appears to me that the most likely scenario is that he turned over responsibility for the newsletters to people he was close to, then when the controversy came he at first doubled down, then backed away and claimed ignorance. The people who likely wrote these things are still close Paul advisors.

From what I can tell, I don't think Paul is a racist, but this issue isn't going away, and I don't think he has a good explanation.

After reviewing this, I think it's likely he's refusing to answer because he knows there's evidence enough to sink him, or he'll have to lie about something where the truth may come out.

This looks legit to me, and if I think so, the MSM is prepping right now.
    Maybe you might wanna read the OP again as well HR.

Top Bottom