• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    I carry the old hammer fired LC9...pretty good pistol overall. With practice, the long trigger pull isn't an issue.

That said, I'd go with the LC9s, especially considering Ruger no longer make the LC9.

red0801

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2015
    Wakarusa
    The LC9s Pro is a great carry gun. You will not be disappointed if you pick one up.

This is absolutely the truth! I spent 2 months until i finally found 1 in stock & it has been a dream! I previously carried an SR9E & loved the way it shot & how well it fit in my hand. But since I got my LC9s I've been amazed by how it carries so light that i sometimes forget I have it on me, & as long as I use ammo other than Federal Champion it is amazingly accurate. The trigger has a great pull that is consistent all the way to the break, the recoil is no more noticeable than the SR9 & the reset is crisp & JUST long enough that your finger doesn't slam the trigger during recoil. GREAT GUN!

00Buck

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Near Martinsville
    I have a pink LC9 that I bought 2 years ago for the better half. She fired 6 rounds through it and hasn't shot it since. She did not like the trigger and asked to shoot the 9mm shield.

In defense of the LC9 I shot 6 rounds through it and it is as accurate as the shield and similar sized 9mms. The trigger is long and would take a novice some time to get use to. I have not fired the new LC9 striker fired but hear the trigger is on par with the market.

45 LongColt

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    Indiana
    Thanks to all that replyed. I relayed this to him. He found an LC9 for a price that he said he couldn't beat, so he bought it. If the difference is just in trigger pull, I think he will still enjoy it. Thanks again.

CRAWPPIE

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2011
    Just bought a LC9s for my wife to keep by her bedside...May regret it though, she has a terrible temper...lol

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    We have an LC9s. I used to have an LC9, but the trigger was REALLY heavy. I can see value in that with pocket carry or some such.
    The LC9s trigger allows for more accurate shooting. Having said that, it's pretty damn snappy due to it's small size.

As an ankle carry BUG, it does the trick for me. My wife likes the way it shoots, but she tires of it after a hundred rounds or so of practice. Just really snappy.

jb1911

Expert
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Dyer, IN
    I had an LC9s jam-o-matic and got rid of it. The only thing I could say in it's defense was that it was small and easy to carry. I seemed cheeply made IMO and jammed so much I couldn't trust it. Maybe I got a lemon.

Dyerbill

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    NWIndiana
    I had an LC9s jam-o-matic and got rid of it. The only thing I could say in it's defense was that it was small and easy to carry. I seemed cheeply made IMO and jammed so much I couldn't trust it. Maybe I got a lemon.

I hope you got a lemon...did you return it to Ruger? I carry a LC9s everyday...no problems at all

Osprey

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I hope you got a lemon...did you return it to Ruger? I carry a LC9s everyday...no problems at all

What type of ammo did you use? I have fired FMJ and HP of different brands and grains but no +P and have never had a malfunction. I've only cleaned it a couple of times and it still fires great. I have the Lasermax on the side and it works great too.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Just bought a LC9s for my wife to keep by her bedside...May regret it though, she has a terrible temper...lol

A little friendly advice. For a bedside gun that won't double a a carry piece, get something larger that fits her hand. The only advantage to a small gun is concealability. Follow up shots are slower due to recoil, sight radius is shorter which can effect accuracy and capacity is lower.

If she is up for it, she should get her LTCH and carry the LC9 and have her pick out a larger pistol for the nightstand. A few good training courses should be a priority too.

Top Bottom