• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • autogun

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 30, 2016
    NWI
    I picked up one last night for $226 out-the-door. LGS is having trouble getting them in. Usually a couple at a time. Owner held this one for me.

It fits easily into a pocket, but I really prefer a holster. What holsters do folks prefer?

I like the "wallet" type (prints in the pocket like a wallet). One with a slit in the leather at the top lets you extract the lcp w/o the holster quite easily.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    So...

Before I go buy one, the custom is basically the original LCP with a better "lighter pull" trigger; the LCP-II is a little different than the LCP, now with a true last round open action and the same trigger as the custom without the fancy skeletized trigger. The custom is about a hundo less than the LCP-II.

All that sound about right?

gtl1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2015
    Indianapolis
    So...

Before I go buy one, the custom is basically the original LCP with a better "lighter pull" trigger; the LCP-II is a little different than the LCP, now with a true last round open action and the same trigger as the custom without the fancy skeletized trigger. The custom is about a hundo less than the LCP-II.

All that sound about right?

Custom is trigger, sights, slide, guide rod...

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Sounds like to me, for the better trigger (and sights, slide and guide rod), at a hundo less the custom is the way to go if I don't care if the slide locks open or not after the last round (which I don't).

Custom it is!

gtl1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2015
    Indianapolis
    Yeah, I got my custom around the this time last year and I was comparing a regular LCP plus the Sweat Pea trigger and the cost would've ended up being the same as the LCP custom. I'm not sure what the price difference is on the custom and II right now, but I probably wouldn't pay more than $50 (of the current cost of a custom, or the price a 'used' custom is going for) for the II.

Sounds like to me, for the better trigger (and sights, slide and guide rod), at a hundo less the custom is the way to go if I don't care if the slide locks open or not after the last round (which I don't).

Custom it is!

Robertpetry

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2013
    Just a couple of other things that are different between he Custom and the II:

- the II has a different trigger. It may feel similar to the custom but it is smoother, a bit lighter and has the integrated trigger safety. It is improved.
    - The II has a fatter grip in the back and is easier to hold. That does make it a touch thicker to carry though. Still very thin.
    - the II is 20% heavier or so.
    - the slide on the II is easier to rack

I love my Custom but I would probably buy a II today.

Btw, I also bought from Kentucky Gun company. Good price and great gun but slow shipping and communication.

But it you will like the Custom.

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Picked up the Custom last night and must say a little disappointed in the trigger. To me it feels like someone put a fancy skeletized and fatter red trigger on the same old trigger...doesn't pull any easier than the original LCP IMHO.

I may end up swapping it for a G42.

hoosierfishing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 17, 2010
    I've had numerous LCP'S over the years but I always end up selling them for various reasons, which I usually quickly regret. Last week I decided to get another LCP with the plan on holding onto it for good. I ended up purchasing a LCP II and a LCP Custom. My plan was to keep the one I liked the best. The triggers on these guns are not the same. The custom trigger reminds me of a slightly improved version of the original, whereas the II is very glock like. For pocket carry, I like the original platform better, thus went with the custom. Both very good guns but VERY different.

gtl1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2015
    Indianapolis
    I went to Point Blank over the weekend because they had the 42 on sale for $379.

They offered to trade my LCP Custom towards it (they offered, I didn't ask) -- so when I asked how much, they said they sell the LCP Custom for $249, would put a used on on the shelf for $175 (I don't believe that), and offered me $105. I walked out after that.

Couldn't make a deal to trade my custom for the G42, so I guess I'll sell the custom.

hoosierfishing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 17, 2010
    I agree with this. If you don't like the original LCP, you will not like the LCP Custom. It is an improvement on the original design but imo not enough to change someone's mind about the gun.

Klanham5576

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2014
    NE Indiana
    Sub $200 price is obviously being fueled by the release of the new LCP II. Even at sub $200 for the LCP and $300 for the LCP II I advice checking them both out before buying. New trigger is much improved.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Sub $200 price is obviously being fueled by the release of the new LCP II. Even at sub $200 for the LCP and $300 for the LCP II I advice checking them both out before buying. New trigger is much improved.

The LCP II does have a striker fired style trigger, it's an improvement over the original if indeed that's what you're looking for, but for my money the G42 can be had under $400 and isn't that much more over the LCP II...for my application it was the better choice. I picked up a G42 cheap locally and am pretty happy with it.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    I'm not arguing one way or the other on LCP II vs. G42, but I recently saw the LCPII on sale somewhere for $269.

Top Bottom