• ...and so much more!
  • wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I would absolutely send it back to Glock and have them shake it down. Seriously, my 42 eats anything I put through it.

I'll likely have to do that. My wife won't part with it, but the LCP II is her new conceal gun, so it shouldn't matter if Glock needs a bit of time to sort it out.

edwea

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jan 25, 2015
    New Dolan
    I picked the LCP II up for the wife about a month ago and I have to say...I really like it. I've never had a .380, but after running a few mags through the LCP II, I'm convinced it's a very capable round and plenty controllable for my wife (who suffers from arthritis). I look forward to more range time with it!

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    Picked one up today. Hoping to put some rounds through it and make some holsters later today.

34pxf7r.jpg

Last edited:

Beachball42

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2016
    Carmel
    I've had mine for about two weeks now. Hoping to get to the range this weekend. So far I've only put 50 rounds through it but I really like they way it shoots and handles. Makes my Glock 26 feel huge after shooting the LCP II. It's really a nice little gun to have for the price. I did have one malfunction where one time the slide didn't go into battery but I actually think the prior round was a bad round. While it ejected the shell okay I'm not 100% sure the round fired properly. Felt a little soft. Quick tap to the back of the slide and the next round loaded okay and shot okay. That has been the only issue I've had so far but need to put more rounds through it to make sure.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    I'm going to check one of these out, too. I had a G1 LCP and it was 100% reliable, but the trigger made it no fun to shoot. I'm on my 2nd G42, and while I love the way it shoots and feels, it won't run reliably on range ammo. It is the 2nd G42 I've had, and both suffered from exactly the same issue. Glock has had plenty of time to work it out. I also don't feel like spending the money for 2nd day air to ship it to them to fix it. I am going to try a new RSA to see if that helps, but I may just trade it on an LCP II.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I'm going to check one of these out, too. I had a G1 LCP and it was 100% reliable, but the trigger made it no fun to shoot. I'm on my 2nd G42, and while I love the way it shoots and feels, it won't run reliably on range ammo. It is the 2nd G42 I've had, and both suffered from exactly the same issue. Glock has had plenty of time to work it out. I also don't feel like spending the money for 2nd day air to ship it to them to fix it. I am going to try a new RSA to see if that helps, but I may just trade it on an LCP II.

Having the same issue with my wife's G42. Called their support and they were like, send it in if you think it's an issue and that was about it. Yay. Works fine with SD ammo, but it's hit or miss with range ammo.

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    Any update? Not a fan of Ruger or .380, but dang if this doesn't look like it could fill the role of a deep cover BUG.

Its surprisingly easy to shoot for how small it is. The trigger is about 1000 times better than the original with a nice reset. I only put 50 rounds through it and had one failure to feed. Easy to get hand sized groups at about 15 yards.

hoosier21

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    South Bend
    Went to the range yesterday to try out some new 9mm handloads. Took my new LCP ll with me to try it out. Didn't even bother to break it down, and clean it first as I usually do. Ran a mag of defensive rounds, and 50 rounds of Browning RN through it. Had zero issues with it, which actually surprised me. It didn't seem to bother my wrist either as my original LCP did. Also had zero issues with my SR9c and new 9mm Shield. I keep thinking about entering into the Glock world with a G19, but then I shoot my SR9c, and those thoughts go away. It's always been accurate and 100% reliable. But, maybe someday.....

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    I gave my sights a make over. Not bad for a couple bucks worth of paint. Much easier to see now.

Sights are still one of its weak points, but you can't expect a lot on a gun that size. It would be a good candidate for a laser, especially since I would probably carry set up for support side access.

bigbaloo95

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 31, 2014
    wolcottville
    I've had mine for about two weeks now. Hoping to get to the range this weekend. So far I've only put 50 rounds through it but I really like they way it shoots and handles. Makes my Glock 26 feel huge after shooting the LCP II. It's really a nice little gun to have for the price. I did have one malfunction where one time the slide didn't go into battery but I actually think the prior round was a bad round. While it ejected the shell okay I'm not 100% sure the round fired properly. Felt a little soft. Quick tap to the back of the slide and the next round loaded okay and shot okay. That has been the only issue I've had so far but need to put more rounds through it to make sure.
    The slide on mine didn't return to battery a few times within the first 100 rounds until I noticed my big fat fingers were ever so slightly touching the magazine release. This caused the mag to drop a little but not fully release. After a lot more rounds down range I am confident in my ability to avoid the mag release and the gun has ran flawlessly. This thing fits me so much better than the regular lcp I recommend it over the original to anyone with large hands. I just recommend practicing with this or any gun extensively before using it as an everyday carry.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    The slide on mine didn't return to battery a few times within the first 100 rounds until I noticed my big fat fingers were ever so slightly touching the magazine release. This caused the mag to drop a little but not fully release. After a lot more rounds down range I am confident in my ability to avoid the mag release and the gun has ran flawlessly. This thing fits me so much better than the regular lcp I recommend it over the original to anyone with large hands. I just recommend practicing with this or any gun extensively before using it as an everyday carry.

No doubt. These guns are harder to shoot well not easier, therefore more practice would be required. Unfortunately most people will just shoot a couple mags through them and then stick them in the pocket as a lucky talisman. Though somewhat arbitrary, I won't carry a gun for defensive purposes that I can't do this with;
    [video=youtube;9htTMmCYk44]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9htTMmCYk44&t=201s[/video]

Top Bottom