• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ccook1065

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I just got a Ruger LCP and I am pretty excited about it. Anyone have any tips to share? What type of defense ammo do you prefer in .380 caliber?

I went through and cleaned all the factory grime out am ready to shoot. I mainly got it for the high percentage carry weapon.

:rockwoot:

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    Congrats on your new gun! I like Golden Saber HBJ it is a personal defense round and feeds really well in the small autos, because it has a more rounded edge on the bullet! they are made by Remington.

Toolepqk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.3%
    52   2   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    I recommend the hogue lcp grip. It adds a little more to hold and keeps the lcp from Beating up your hand.

Last edited:

JeepArn

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Avon
    Congrats on your new gun! I like Golden Saber HBJ it is a personal defense round and feeds really well in the small autos, because it has a more rounded edge on the bullet! they are made by Remington.

X2 on the Golden Saber. I also bought the Clip extension to allow an added finger on the grip. This is a great little gun for easy carry but def not one to shot all the time.

Hiram2005

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Plains of Hamilton County
    I put a little finger nail polish front and rear on the "sights". Helps me see 'em. I'm "old". I realize it's a point and shoot sort of piece, but I still like to see something! lol :D

Oh, if anyone wants to know......front is L.A. Colors/TEASE and rear is Pure ICE/Wild Thing.....red and green!

Toolepqk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.3%
    52   2   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    I run the Winchester bonded PDX1 95gr. and haven't had any problems with it. I've also heard the Buffalo Bore stuff is good but I haven't tried that.

I have also been running the Winchester pdx1 with no problems. I have about 300 rounds with zero problems.

dubsac

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Had one. Constant FTF. Sold it and bought a TCP.

That's hilarious I bought A Taurus TCP had multiple problems with it sent it back to Taurus, they sent me a new gun after about 200 rds I stripped it to clean and noticed the frame had cracked sent it back to Taurus again to have them replace it. Once I got the 3rd one I decided to sell it and got the LCP w/CT. It's a great pocket pistol if u can get use to the lengthy trigger pull.

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    I just got a Ruger LCP and I am pretty excited about it. Anyone have any tips to share? What type of defense ammo do you prefer in .380 caliber?

I went through and cleaned all the factory grime out am ready to shoot. I mainly got it for the high percentage carry weapon.

Great Gun congrats. My wife and I both love our LCP's with Crimson Trace on them. We carry Hornady Critical Defense in them.
    Practice often with it, it takes some getting used to.

The Desantis Nemisis pocket hoster works well for it.

paperboy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    Pulaski County
    I really like my LCP, in fact it's my EDC. I can get all my rounds into a fist sized group at about 5-7yrds, which I think for a pocket pistol is pretty good. I carry Remington Golden Sabres in it. I think they are an awesome round and they feed perfect. My range rounds are the PMC and it eats them like candy as well.

wild willy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    I went to get the LCP and walked out with the LC9 in place of it. I really liked the LCP, just a little small so shoot. 9 Was not that much bigger.

Tactical Flannel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    West Central Indiana
    I've always had good luck with Hydra Shocks and HST. All my recovered rounds showed good expansion in the short barreled weapons.
    I've had co-workers tell me they have had good results with the Hornadys Critical Defense in the .380.

Stay safe

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 7, 2012
    Carmel

Good choice! I pocket carry mine every day.

You might want to look at the Crimson Trace laser for it. Makes it much better for self defence, because the LCP's sights are not the easiest to use.

When I bought the CT laser for mine, it came with a soft holster and that's what I use for mine. I ordered a Galco leather one, but ended up sending it back because it was near impossible to get out of the holster smoothly. The soft one that comes with the laser is good, but you do have to kind of "push off" with your middle finger.

billcollector

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2012
    NW Indiana
    I wanted the LCP for a pocket carry and instead walked out with the S&W Bodygaurd 380 w/laser. slightly larger. Shot it a few times. PMC is choice for range (Blythes in valpo had it for 13.99/box when i got mine). Also bought Winchester PDX for carry. Everything i have seen balitically on it is impressive. as soon as weather breaks we are going to shoot some and see what it does with water jugs.

Congrats on the new gun!!!

Top Bottom