• ...and so much more!
  • 1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Based on the amount of discussion on the carbine so far seems many of us will be buying. I think if Ruger would of waited on the original police carbine till after the 94 AWB expired and when mulit caliber AR's started to catch on roughly 8 yrs ago they would of had more success.

GrinderCB

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2017
    Greendale
    Here's Military Arms Channel's video on the PCC. He test fires it, tests out various magazines and ammo.

https://youtu.be/kqFibgF2CKA

I have a PC4 (Police Carbine .40 caliber) that is one of my favorites in my collection. If Ruger makes the new one in other calibers (.45 or .40 are of interest to me) I may trade up. Benefits over the old version:
    (1) Charge handle is moveable from right to left
    (2) Barrel threaded to accept a suppressor
    (3) Take-down format
    (4) Can take Ruger's SR9 magazines, or with adapter can take Glock mags that are available everywhere
    (5) Adjustable stock
    (6) Mag release is reversible
    (7) Rails on top and bottom

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    Answer from Ruger regarding whether they plan to make a P-series adapter for this carbine:

Thank you for your inquiry. Here at Ruger, we are always working on exciting new products and will introduce them as they are ready. However, as a publicly traded Company, we are mindful of applicable laws and regulations regarding disclosure of inside information and therefore are careful not to disclose any new product plans in advance. Candidly, we also find that it occasionally takes longer than expected to get a new product across the finish line, and our plans and priorities change over time, so we would be reluctant to talk about product plans in any event.

In sum, we are not able to respond to your question, but hope you understand that it is simply due to applicable laws regarding public disclosures.

Ruger Customer Service

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Answer from Ruger regarding whether they plan to make a P-series adapter for this carbine:

Thank you for your inquiry. Here at Ruger, we are always working on exciting new products and will introduce them as they are ready. However, as a publicly traded Company, we are mindful of applicable laws and regulations regarding disclosure of inside information and therefore are careful not to disclose any new product plans in advance. Candidly, we also find that it occasionally takes longer than expected to get a new product across the finish line, and our plans and priorities change over time, so we would be reluctant to talk about product plans in any event.

In sum, we are not able to respond to your question, but hope you understand that it is simply due to applicable laws regarding public disclosures.

Ruger Customer Service

No surprises there...

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan

Ruger Customer Service

You need clearance level 5 and you have clearance level 0.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    They introduced it with the new 9mm pistol using the new pistols mags.
    They will be rolling out the combo pistol/rifle according to the investors guide.

I don’t see them offering other adapters until at least the new pistol takes hold well.

GrinderCB

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2017
    Greendale
    I'm not a huge Ruger person, but this rifle seems to be like a pretty good value given the features and the ability to swap between magazine platforms. I like it......for a carbine

Be cool if they give it a shot in .45 or 10mm

Amen. Not really interested in it in 9mm but I hope Ruger will release it in other pistol calibers. My first choices would be 10mm, .45acp and .40S&W.

GrinderCB

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2017
    Greendale
    I suspect we will see those become scarce for a while simply because of this rifle.

Check out MAC's review. Most complete review of the Ruger PCC I've seen yet. He goes over the features, demonstrates field-stripping and test-fires it with various magazine/ammo combinations. In snowy cold weather no less. Very informative if you're serious about maybe picking one up.

[video=youtube_share;kqFibgF2CKA]https://youtu.be/kqFibgF2CKA[/video]

Top Bottom