• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Eric05

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    New Palestine
    Just picked up a CW9 last week. Absolutely love it. But I also have a full size M&P which is my favorite. If I would have known S&W was coming out with an sub-compact I would have maybe held out. Should be interesting to see how side-by-side reviews stack up. I would like to see a review of all the latest sub/compact 9mm single stacks together.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    I've been kicking around the idea of a single-stack 9mm for a while, and I thought today would be a good day to do a little window shopping. When I got to the gun shop, I made it a point to handle everything in this category. I fondled the Nano, a CM9 and PM9, a PF9, and even a Shield 9mm. I went in with the Shield being at the bottom of my list due to the safety, but after handling the various guns, the Shield simply felt the best in my hand. Long story short, it came home with me today. Sadly, I didn't get to put any rounds through it due to the monsoon today, but there's always tomorrow. If this thing handles a few hundred rounds with no issues, I have found myself a new daily carry piece. One other bonus is that it fits in all of my G26 holsters.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    The Shield is an awesome shooting gun and it snaps right into the Raven holster for my P226!

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    152   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    Given the huge difference in size and width between the two guns, how is that possible? :dunno:

I happen to have a p226 holster sitting around so I tested this. The trigger guard snaps into place and holds it securely. Looks goofy as all get out in the giant holster though!

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Given the huge difference in size and width between the two guns, how is that possible? :dunno:

I happen to have a p226 holster sitting around so I tested this. The trigger guard snaps into place and holds it securely. Looks goofy as all get out in the giant holster though!

Yeah, I won't even bother having an OWB holster made for it and I would not carry it in the Raven. I was just fooling around and when I heard the "click" I was kind of pleasantly surprised.

Goodcat

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    152   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    Yeah, I won't even bother having an OWB holster made for it and I would not carry it in the Raven. I was just fooling around and when I heard the "click" I was kind of pleasantly surprised.

My click made me giggle a bit. :) If you pocket carry, check out Wally-worlds pocket holster. I used it on my pm9 and now shield. I've had every pocket holster under the sun and this is most comfortable. Now, for some nice leather...

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    what do you think of the trigger?

I can say that the reset is easily detectable and and smooth; not gritty like the standard M&P. I really don't want to get ahead of myself, but I'm really liking this gun. I'm just waiting for someone to report something negative, but I couldn't find anything. I'm taking it out again tomorrow. I want to run about 300 rounds through it, change the sights and get a holster for it.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    lol, sold the G19 today, so I'm committed to really giving this gun a run at becoming my main carry piece.

Was funny, I was CC'ing my G34 during the transaction and while running around Bloomington today.

Goodcat

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    152   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    lol, sold the G19 today, so I'm committed to really giving this gun a run at becoming my main carry piece.

Was funny, I was CC'ing my G34 during the transaction and while running around Bloomington today.

Haha! Could have just as easily CCd a 12 gauge shorty!

seeker1321

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Elkhart
    I was at Midwest Gun Exchange inSouth Bend today and they had 20 in stock

I was there too. I got to handle the shield, almost purchased it but they were charging full msrp of $449 so I figured I would wait a little bit on it.

I almost bought a M&P22, but instead my cousin bought it, so now I can try out his while I decide between that and the sr22. (they had one that I got to look at today but it wasn't for sale)

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    I'm posting this standing offer on all the various "Shield" threads going on right now.

I have the PM9 and I would LOVE to go to the range with someone who owns the new shield. I own a M&P full in 9mm and pro in 9mm also so having my subcompact as a M&P would be nice. The single stage trigger on the Kahr is buttahh, but it is the ONLY single stage trigger gun I own so it takes the first two rounds for my brain to transition to it each time I shoot it.
    I'll supply some ammo, a Kahr PM9 (M&P full and pro for that matter) and let anyone do a shooting comparison if someone in the group brings the Shield. I'm north of Indy, belong to HCFG but willing to travel. :ar15:

Top Bottom