• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    The original post is rehashing 100 year old thoughts. Neither the debate Manual safeties vs a safe mindset/behavior.

I recall a few years ago some laughter about an armslist post to the effect of "bought this gun, put a hole in the wall, want to trade for another gun with a safety" that a member here had a chat with the seller and talked them into taking a basics safety class rather than trading for a manual-safety equipped pistol.

breakingcontact

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Mar 7, 2018
    Southern Indiana
    Given that when it comes to pistols, it is Glock World and we all just live in it. Glock, Smut und Weasel, Sprungfeld, Ssshhheytar, Falter, Pizza guns (APX), etc. all are without external safeties and they are what, 93.8% of the market to first timers?

Aren't new gun owners using striker fired pistols? How many of those use manual safeties? I don't think Glock markets their external safeties here (aftermarket, yes)? On the MHS Glock 19X there the safeties that Big Army demanded, but on COTS guns they are absent. Just got into an argument over this as a Zoomer told me that Glock does not EVER use external safeties (ahh, Zoomer, get out more).

Does anyone do safeties on plastic fantastic striker pistols? Who is using a 1911 as their first pistol now (other than my family)?

Do not see this as an issue. If it is an issue, then learning the form until you forget the form with the 4 Rules and not being cutesy with special snowflake rules will fix it.
    FN has those DA/SA plastic guns with thumb safeties?

breakingcontact

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Mar 7, 2018
    Southern Indiana
    This was not directed toward me, but in my opinion the annoying little thing on Glock triggers serves one purpose: to irritate my trigger finger. Safety? Only in the EXTREMELY UNLIKELY event that something reaches 1/8" into the trigger guard, and NOT 1/4", where it will pull both the trigger and the annoyance. Don't get me wrong, my G21g4 is the easiest shooting .45 ACP pistol I've ever fired. I love it, except for the annoyance in the center of the trigger. It would be a better gun with the annoyance.
    Speaks to the importance of a good holster. I want that trigger guard sealed off. I see ones out there that you could stick your finger into. Don't get me started on the big mouth billy bass weapon light holsters!

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    The original post is rehashing 100 year old thoughts. Neither the debate Manual safeties vs a safe mindset/behavior.

I recall a few years ago some laughter about an armslist post to the effect of "bought this gun, put a hole in the wall, want to trade for another gun with a safety" that a member here had a chat with the seller and talked them into taking a basics safety class rather than trading for a manual-safety equipped pistol.
    INGO post a couple of years ago something to the effect of, For sale, only fired once by accident, being it's a Glock

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    I had a lady come into work (BPS)the other day and say she didn’t like Glocks because “they have no safety” I held my trigger finger up and said that this is the best safety, but Glocks actually have three types of ”safeties” that they wouldn’t have been adopted by literally hundreds of police, and militaries, if they were inherently unsafe ( I’m not a Glock fanboy, but they do seem to work well) She looked at them a little closer.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Hondolane
    Top Bottom