Not open for further replies.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Ill probably just allow for the equipment to be used as my son is 7 but if im needed I can probably instruct. I can bring some 7.62x54r ammo also.

OK we can use your rifles.

If work is done I can bring a Spikes AR22 and a box of 22.. only have 2 mags right now... Can also through the bipod on it.... Can help out wherever needed..

[STRIKE]Andre thank you. I'm going to put you on the 100 yard for now with the extra .22s we have for now along with the mosins. Unless you want some more quiet stuff.[/STRIKE]

update

actually I see we have not yet doubled up on the 25 or 50. So where would you like to go? 25 or 50 unless you want to be all alone on the 100 right now.

Andre46996

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Hammond
    OK we can use your rifles.

[STRIKE]Andre thank you. I'm going to put you on the 100 yard for now with the extra .22s we have for now along with the mosins. Unless you want some more quiet stuff.[/STRIKE]

update

actually I see we have not yet doubled up on the 25 or 50. So where would you like to go? 25 or 50 unless you want to be all alone on the 100 right now.

Jedi.....

I can not be certain with work yet so just list me as an alternative or extra hand on the 25 or 50....

Will know more about my availability as we get closer... I work out of town, and never really know when or where they will stick me...

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Jedi.....

I can not be certain with work yet so just list me as an alternative or extra hand on the 25 or 50....

Will know more about my availability as we get closer... I work out of town, and never really know when or where they will stick me...

aaahhhh OK me understand now.
    I'll put u as a floater then

the only Qualk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Valpo
    what items are you needing donated still? I have a 10/22 with one magazine and mossberg 817 ( .17hmr) bolt action with scope that i will lend for use. How much ammo are we anticipating to be used?
    I can not commit to helping instruct or anything at this time but i will help how i can.
    Just let me know would like to help as i wish this went on when i was younger..

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    How much ammo do you think we need? On the cooking side of things what about boiling the hot dogs to save time and grill space. I have a big turkey fryier that can be used for boiling the hot dogs. As far as safety have will looked in to have a medical personal there just in case the worst happens.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    How much ammo do you think we need? On the cooking side of things what about boiling the hot dogs to save time and grill space. I have a big turkey fryier that can be used for boiling the hot dogs. As far as safety have will looked in to have a medical personal there just in case the worst happens.

Ammo not sure.
    Let me ask larry/repeater as they do boy scout shoots and could have a better idea.

boiling hot dog :n00b: If we had too but not a fan of those. :D Dogs don't take that long and we do have access to 2 big grills, your medium one, and 2 small ones if we had them all their that is easily enough. The small ones can handle 2.5 packs of dogs so 5 packs on the smalls. Figure 4 packs on the large each. So that is 9 packs + say 3 on your medium brings us to 12 12*8 = 96 dogs all at once. We should be golden.

Good idea on the safety person. We do have some EMTs in the group but perhaps DNR can get the local fire dept. to have someone in an official role there? I will bring this up with them otherwise we can ensure we get on of our guys there.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Ammo not sure.
    Let me ask larry/repeater as they do boy scout shoots and could have a better idea.

boiling hot dog :n00b: If we had too but not a fan of those. :D Dogs don't take that long and we do have access to 2 big grills, your medium one, and 2 small ones if we had them all their that is easily enough. The small ones can handle 2.5 packs of dogs so 5 packs on the smalls. Figure 4 packs on the large each. So that is 9 packs + say 3 on your medium brings us to 12 12*8 = 96 dogs all at once. We should be golden.

Good idea on the safety person. We do have some EMTs in the group but perhaps DNR can get the local fire dept. to have someone in an official role there? I will bring this up with them otherwise we can ensure we get on of our guys there.

Jedi, I forget how many are going.

3k (.22) would be the minimum I'd go with.
    I plan on bringing a couple more k of (.22). I still have to get the word that I have vacation that day. Even if I'm not on vacation, I can send some ammo.

More is better. But we can modify how fast we shoot if we have to.

I recommend starting the kids with only 1 shot in the mag for the first time, just to get over the shock of their first time.

Then 5 shots in the mag. Till you get the feel for how your group reacts.

Common mistakes kids make.

Turn around when someone calls their name. So no one talks to the kid on the firing line, except his instructor. The kids can talk to each other when they're off the line.

Finger on the trigger as soon as they pick it up.

Forget how to load/unload weapon. At least at first.

Be afraid to pull too hard to cock the gun, and not hard enough to insert magazine. They've been told their whole life "be careful, don't break that"

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    I recommend starting the kids with only 1 shot in the mag for the first time, just to get over the shock of their first time.

Good point. When I took my nephew's son to a First Shots program, thats what they did. They put one round in the mag, loaded mag, dropped bolt, removed safety, then fired.

Safety on, drop mag. Lay weapon down safely. Load one round, repeat procedure. And if they did that without a problem, they got to load ten rounds and shoot all ten.

This was with a Ruger 22 pistol, btw.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Jedi, I forget how many are going.

3k (.22) would be the minimum I'd go with.
    I plan on bringing a couple more k of (.22). I still have to get the word that I have vacation that day. Even if I'm not on vacation, I can send some ammo.

More is better. But we can modify how fast we shoot if we have to.

Then 5 shots in the mag. Till you get the feel for how your group reacts.

Common mistakes kids make.

Turn around when someone calls their name. So no one talks to the kid on the firing line, except his instructor. The kids can talk to each other when they're off the line.

Finger on the trigger as soon as they pick it up.

Forget how to load/unload weapon. At least at first.

Be afraid to pull too hard to cock the gun, and not hard enough to insert magazine. They've been told their whole life "be careful, don't break that"

Agree, and always best to start with the cheaper ammo, burn that up quite abit before moving to the bigger, more expensive rounds. Some just want to shoot the "Call of Duty" guns, then go back to the 22s, cause they recoil less. Although, if we have the ARs that are in 22s, those would help quite a lot as well.

INDSIM

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2013
    Central Indiana
    I would be more than willing to bring my firearms training simulator to this event! I have several games for youths, different challenges (charging drill, dueling tree, metal plate courses, etc, etc.). I also can create a virtual firing range that mimics a live fire range. I can do distances of 3 to 50 yards. I can do interactive video scenarios for the adults as well.

I have wireless handguns, with and without recoil and should have my backordered AR15 in. It could be helpful for the youth to shoot a virtual range before going hot on the line.

Let me know If I can help!!

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    I would be more than willing to bring my firearms training simulator to this event! I have several games for youths, different challenges (charging drill, dueling tree, metal plate courses, etc, etc.). I also can create a virtual firing range that mimics a live fire range. I can do distances of 3 to 50 yards. I can do interactive video scenarios for the adults as well.

I have wireless handguns, with and without recoil and should have my backordered AR15 in. It could be helpful for the youth to shoot a virtual range before going hot on the line.

That sounds like a great idea. Does this have to be indoors, as Winamac is mostly outdoors?

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

I can set up outside in my portable car port, just need about a 10x10 area.

So you have a pic you can PM or email me so I can give DNR a better idea of what it is will may be bringing. This simulation would be a great addition especially with the .22lr shortage!

Do you need power for this idea? Do you have a generator or do we need to bring one? The 10x10 area do you need a solid ground (ie. the parking lot) or can you setup on a grassy area? We have lots of room at the range for either location and I'm thinking more in terms of crowd flow/control.

I wouldn't mind being at the 50 yard .223/5.56 bench with repeater. I'll bring my FS2000.

Thank you and OK will update the list.

Also got a new donation for .22lr from INGO member "The Bubba Effect".
    He is southern Indiana (near bloomington) so if any members are going that way please contact me to see about bring that ammo up. Or if any member is going to the 1500 he will be there.

INDSIM

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2013
    Central Indiana
    Jedi,

I could setup wherever works best for the event! What kind of picture do you want to see? I have so many different courses and things I can do. I would need a single 3 prong outlet and I'm good to go! I do have some pictures of a few things on my homepage. I think there's a link to it via my profile.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Jedi,

I could setup wherever works best for the event! What kind of picture do you want to see? I have so many different courses and things I can do. I would need a single 3 prong outlet and I'm good to go! I do have some pictures of a few things on my homepage. I think there's a link to it via my profile.

Just looking at what type of space area you would need for your equipment so that DNR had an idea of what may come.
    No pics on your website that I see but my understanding is it's like a big screen TV and you stand in front of it and interact with it correct?

They do have limited electricity on site so we are good to go on that route.
    If you have a pic of what the 'device' looks like when setup that would be great so I can forward to DNR.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom