• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    They look like really nice rifles. I am sure they will shoot great. My first exposure to an odd number of grooves was with the factory barrel on a US 1917 rifle. It, like its former the P-14 enfield heritage sported the 5 groove barrels.

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    I just ordered one tonight!! I am pretty pumped myself right now...Nice setups by the way!

Congratulations, they are very accurate rifles!

Santa brought me a set of LaRue LT-719 low rings to cradle the Viper PST FFP scope and I'm going to re-zero later this morning. There was nothing wrong with the Vortex rings I initially used, but I wanted to be able to use the scope on different rifles with a minimum of fuss. The LaRue rings are a tad bit taller; I can slide a quarter between the Butler Creek cap and the barrel, with the Vortex rings I could just squeeze a dime.

I got the scope from www.aaoptics.com; 42769vette from here on INGO owns the company and is great to do business with. You should talk to him about getting a piece of premium glass. Whatever brand of scope you use, make it a high quality one! I guess that it's possible that I've never owned a sub-MOA rifle till I got the Savage 10PC-5R, but I suspect that my use of $300 scopes had a lot to do with my inconsistent accuracy. That's why I got the LaRue rings; if I can use the Viper on my Savage 10PC as well as my 12FCV (.223) and Vanguard (.30-06) by just dialing in, I'm going to be VERY pleased. I may have to get a couple more Badger bases to to ensure repeatability, but I'll still be ahead of the game.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Congratulations, they are very accurate rifles!

Santa brought me a set of LaRue LT-719 low rings to cradle the Viper PST FFP scope and I'm going to re-zero later this morning. There was nothing wrong with the Vortex rings I initially used, but I wanted to be able to use the scope on different rifles with a minimum of fuss. The LaRue rings are a tad bit taller; I can slide a quarter between the Butler Creek cap and the barrel, with the Vortex rings I could just squeeze a dime.

I got the scope from www.aaoptics.com; 42769vette from here on INGO owns the company and is great to do business with. You should talk to him about getting a piece of premium glass. Whatever brand of scope you use, make it a high quality one! I guess that it's possible that I've never owned a sub-MOA rifle till I got the Savage 10PC-5R, but I suspect that my use of $300 scopes had a lot to do with my inconsistent accuracy. That's why I got the LaRue rings; if I can use the Viper on my Savage 10PC as well as my 12FCV (.223) and Vanguard (.30-06) by just dialing in, I'm going to be VERY pleased. I may have to get a couple more Badger bases to to ensure repeatability, but I'll still be ahead of the game.

larue rings are un matched in quality. just to expand on what mammynun said. his scope was 900 bucks but he will be using it on 3 rifles. his scope till track perfectly so all he has to do is record what he does to the turret on each rifle and its zeroed on each rifle. in his scenerio he got a ffp 6-24, with perfect tracking, a amazing warrenty, and great glass for 300 per rifle. thats not a bad deal.

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    larue rings are un matched in quality. just to expand on what mammynun said. his scope was 900 bucks but he will be using it on 3 rifles. his scope till track perfectly so all he has to do is record what he does to the turret on each rifle and its zeroed on each rifle. in his scenerio he got a ffp 6-24, with perfect tracking, a amazing warrenty, and great glass for 300 per rifle. thats not a bad deal.

Yeah, what he said!:D

In my defense, I hadn't fully absorbed my coffee.

jayhawk

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 16, 2009
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Yeah, big +1 to 42769vette. And those LaRue rings do look sweet. When I get another long gun, I may have to look into something like that.

I just ordered one tonight!! I am pretty pumped myself right now...Nice setups by the way!

I don't think you will be disappointed.

I got out a couple times over an extended Christmas weekend, once to break in the barrel and sight in, and then a bit of plinking with my girlfriend's family on Christmas day. I haven't had the chance to really settle down and shoot groups yet, but I'm pleased with the results that I've had so far. I'm really enjoying life with an FFP reticle. :D

Oh, and another fun toy I've been using is BulletFlight for the iphone/android (BulletFlight, Knight's Armament BulletFlight. Bulletflight 3.1.0).

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Those Vortex scopes sound like they're the next greatest thing to hit the market. Nice shooting and I'm not surprised at all by the gold medal match group.

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    Yeah, big +1 to 42769vette. And those LaRue rings do look sweet. When I get another long gun, I may have to look into something like that.

I don't think you will be disappointed.

I got out a couple times over an extended Christmas weekend, once to break in the barrel and sight in, and then a bit of plinking with my girlfriend's family on Christmas day. I haven't had the chance to really settle down and shoot groups yet, but I'm pleased with the results that I've had so far. I'm really enjoying life with an FFP reticle. :D

Oh, and another fun toy I've been using is BulletFlight for the iphone/android (BulletFlight, Knight's Armament BulletFlight. Bulletflight 3.1.0).

I'll look into that; I'm using Strelok on an Android right now. It even has the Vortex EBR-1 MRAD reticle in it!:yesway: And it's free.:yesway::yesway:

ETA: BulletFlight looks pretty cool, but I don't know if it's $30 bucks cooler than Strelok....

Last edited:
    Top Bottom