• ...and so much more!
  • Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Just had a thought. How would someone in a nudist colony carry a weapon?

Lanyard holster? prison Wallet holster?

Then there is the old stand by....

002-4.jpg

Last edited:

Richwon4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2011
    Northern IN
    What bothers me about the common scene in Walmart is that the dudes seem oblivious to their surroundings and anyone with half a will could easily have said carry piece.

TheSpark

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2013
    I don't see any problem with suggesting a proper holster for the kid. Just because he has a right to carry doesn't mean people shouldn't advise if they feel like it. Just like we have a right to free speech but if I saw someone swearing really bad around kids say in walmart I might ask them to be a bit more considerate with their right to let words come out of their mouth.

Of course, as is their right they can also choose to ignore you. That is also fine.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    If you see someone carrying dangerously, such as the Darwin awards candidate in the OP, should you do a MWAG call yourself?

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Well, can't see any reason for anyone to actually comment to the young man. There's absolutely no doubt he's aware of those 'silly' things called "holsters", and doesn't want to waste his hard-earned $$$ on one. Not much difference than the yabo who spends $500 - $1000 on a handgun, only to carry it in a $10 holster. One's about as bad as the other.

As far as 'security', undoubtedly it's no more insecure than the goofball who open carries in an open top holster without some sort of retention system. In fact, "pirate carry" is perhaps more secure as, at least with "pirate carry", the front sight could (likely will) snag onto the belt, restricting or encumbering the gun grab.

Constantly see folks open carrying where a nefarious-type could easily walk up slightly behind / alongside the person and simply lift the handgun from their 'fancy' kydex or leather open top and shoot them with their very own handgun. Apparently, there's more than 1 guy out there who seriously thinks 'love handles' are a 'retention system'. :lmfao: Should we pull ALL (and there are m-a-n-y) these bozos aside and clue them in? Would it do any good, whatsoever? Would they 'appreciate' it? Highly unlikely.

As is expounded frequently, he "HAS THE RIGHT!!!" to "pirate carry", and if he doesn't do it, "pirate carry" will be permanently lost because "a right not used is lost", right? The 'mere fact' that he's carrying stupidly, perhaps dangerously, should be of little consequence, right? If anything, shouldn't we 'applaud' his exercise of his 2nd Amendment rights, even by 'doofus' method?

Please insert sarcasm as needed... :laugh:

:ugh:

Last edited:

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    ...Constantly see folks open carrying where a nefarious-type could easily walk up slightly behind / alongside the person and simply lift the handgun from their 'fancy' kydex or leather open top and shoot them with their very own handgun...

It would be even easier and likely safer for the nefarious-type to just stab them or club them in the head if all they wanted was to murder them and take their gun.

I seriously doubt it's the ease or difficulty of removing a pistol from a holster which prevents your hypothetical from happening, far more likely it's that there is still an actual penalty for murder even if they succeed.

I know, you don't let logic get in the way of your rants, but the rest of us kinda stumble over your lack of rationale at times.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    It would be even easier and likely safer for the nefarious-type to just stab them or club them in the head if all they wanted was to murder them and take their gun.

I seriously doubt it's the ease or difficulty of removing a pistol from a holster which prevents your hypothetical from happening, far more likely it's that there is still an actual penalty for murder even if they succeed.

I know, you don't let logic get in the way of your rants, but the rest of us kinda stumble over your lack of rationale at times.

I'm totally going to stab and club you in the head the next time I see you.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Good luck, sir! My pirate carry will deter you and you know it. ;)

Crap!

Well, we both know it won't get that far: with my T-Rex arms, I'd never be able to reach your head with a club, much less stab you (unless my knife was, like, 8 feet long).

Top Bottom