• ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Crap!

Well, we both know it won't get that far: with my T-Rex arms, I'd never be able to reach your head with a club, much less stab you (unless my knife was, like, 8 feet long).

e405funny-Trex-licensed-cool-arms.jpg

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    It would be even easier and likely safer for the nefarious-type to just stab them or club them in the head if all they wanted was to murder them and take their gun.

I seriously doubt it's the ease or difficulty of removing a pistol from a holster which prevents your hypothetical from happening, far more likely it's that there is still an actual penalty for murder even if they succeed.

I know, you don't let logic get in the way of your rants, but the rest of us kinda stumble over your lack of rationale at times.

Same goes for purse snatches. Few people murder for one, but more people are willing to snatch a target of opportunity. If you take the time to secure your purse in such a manner that it slows down the mugger, they are less likely to choose you IF the goal is snatch and run instead of a conflict. Again, the logic continues to handguns. You can't target what you don't know exists, and if you do know it exists you have to run the risk vs reward. For what its worth, the few gun snatches I've been involved in that were snatch and run (or attempted snatch and run) instead of ambushing they were all non-retention holsters. People who are willing to resort to conflict don't care.

I've yet to have someone murdered for their weapon, although nationally it has occurred. I've lost count of how many I've had lose a gun to a snatch or ambush or someone try to take it, though. Roughly 6 or 7, I think. Being murdered isn't the only concern.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Same goes for purse snatches. Few people murder for one, but more people are willing to snatch a target of opportunity. If you take the time to secure your purse in such a manner that it slows down the mugger, they are less likely to choose you IF the goal is snatch and run instead of a conflict. Again, the logic continues to handguns. You can't target what you don't know exists, and if you do know it exists you have to run the risk vs reward. For what its worth, the few gun snatches I've been involved in that were snatch and run (or attempted snatch and run) instead of ambushing they were all non-retention holsters. People who are willing to resort to conflict don't care.

I've yet to have someone murdered for their weapon, although nationally it has occurred. I've lost count of how many I've had lose a gun to a snatch or ambush or someone try to take it, though. Roughly 6 or 7, I think. Being murdered isn't the only concern.

Wow, It was my understanding from some INGOers that this NEVER happens???

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Wow, It was my understanding from some INGOers that this NEVER happens???

That's right! Criminals are too scared of guns. They are like liberals: they think guns, especially the black ones, will jump up and bite them.

Top Bottom