did it look like this

Saiga_12K.jpg

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    I think I know what you're talking about. I think it was H&R made a break open single shot dressed up to look lilke an AR. Has the handguard setup, the pistol grip, high sight in the front and rear sight with peep, along with the extendable M4 style stock. I saw it at Dunhams and I think it was only around $130 or so.

joslar15

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Bloomington
    My first thought was why? After watching the vid, it quickly became why not? But since there isn't any difference in cost, my next AR will be a dedicated .22, probably a with a Spike's upper.

Stainer

Master
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    God's Country
    I wonder what it would be like shooting shot through it instead of slugs...... I guess it's just one of those things where you could say that you have one

fireball168

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Dec 16, 2008
    Clinton
    They looked decent at SHOT, I was more interested in the magazines for it than anything else though......

Some folks claim the magwell dimensions on their lower are different. While at their booth I was able to scurry away across the isle with a mag and fit it into a standard lower without issue - but that's not what is being reported as of late.

RTDoug

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    I've handled one...

...at Whitetail Gunshop in Shirley.

Tony had one, and the only thing that I thought would be tough was obtaining a sight picture for wingshooting.

Guess that's not what it is meant for.

Regards

dawoodq

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2010
    When I was at the range a guy showed up, with an AR style rifle that fired 410 shot shells. He said they just started importing them.

The gun you saw at the range was probably a T-14 manufactured by Safir Arms.
    We represent this company in USA and Canada. We can facilitate its import to FFL holders.
    The gun is very famous in Europe. You can read some reviews at :

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2009/01/26/at-14-the-410-ar-15-shotgun/#comment-5669
    http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2009/07/06/safir-arms-t-14-410-ar-15-uppers-now-available/

The manufacturer manufactures receivers that customers could place on their normal Colt , Smith Wesson or Bushmaster AR 15 lower receivers to convert them into shotguns.

Here is a short description of the Gun
    The T-14 shotgun is developed by Turkish company Safir Arms. It is broadly based on the famous Ar-15 / M16 rifle, but has several patented features necessary for reliable functioning with shotgun-type ammunition. At the present time it is offered in only one caliber, .410x65 (also known as 36 gauge, 2 /12 inch chamber). With .410 caliber bullet weighting 7.5 gram (116 grains) manufacturer claims muzzle velocity in 700 m/s (2,290 fps) range, providing muzzle energy of about 1,800 Joules (1,320 ft-lbs). The T-14 shotgun is semi-automatic only and is available in different barrel lengths to make it legal for civilian use in various countries that permit its citizens to own shotguns.
    The T-14 shotgun is gas operated weapon with rotary bolt locking. The gas system utilizes annual (ring-type) short-stroke gas piston, located around the barrel. For maintenance and cleaning gas piston can be removed from the barrel after removing the front sight with its base. The bolt group externally resembles the Ar-15 bolt, but has redesigned bolt head with three radial lugs and ejector, optimized for rimmed shotgun shells. The receiver is similar in design to Ar-15 rifles, and made from aircraft-grade aluminum alloy and consists of two parts (upper an lower), connected by two cross-pins. Trigger unit and manual safety also resemble same units of the Ar-15 rifle. T-14 shotguns are produced either with integral, M16A2-type carrying handle and rear sight block, or with M16A3-type flat-top receiver with Picatinny rail. Furniture is made of plastic, and buttstocks are available either in fixed or in telescoped (M4-type) variety. Detachable box magazines are specially designed for rimmed shotgun ammunition.

I will be happy to provide more information.

Regards

Dawood

Top Bottom