• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • slowG

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 15, 2010
    My question is... A man sleeping on a mountain with a knife doesn't make it out alive..

A man shoots 6 rounds at DEA agents in a raid. How do they subdue him without any harm at all to the home owner? Unless I missed something.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    Guy has done nothing wrong, has nothing in his home, and is being charged for shooting a cop that broke into his home, sounds like a clean shoot...

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    The outcome will likely hinge on what evidence the prosecution has that he was actually involved in trafficking. If they can't prove that, it might be tough to win over a jury.

Nam1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2015
    Evansville
    I would have done the same thing. Someone breaks a window trying to get into my home they are going to have Togo through a hail of bullets

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    The Gestapo need to change their TTP's. Until they do, don't look for me to feel sorry for them if they get themselves hurt. At least they saved a grateful nation from this criminal and his joint. :/

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    With hundreds of thousands of warrants served every year I assure you they are still being done. They just never make the news.

Probably because they work. It wasn't broke, but they fixed it anyway, now we get forum fodder when the inevitable happens. Meanwhile, this poor guy has to spend his life savings and then some on Dick Harpootlian trying to stay out of federal prison.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    What ever happened to serving a warrant? These reckless raids need to stop. Seems like legitimate self defense.

Well, they were serving a warrant. However, what I don't understand is why not just arrest him when he is going jogging or leaving the house for groceries or whatever.

Just like the Shannon Hollars case, 3 set up buys, yet they go to arrest him in his house with his family where the police know he has guns. Never understood that decision.

Perhaps INGO LE will enlighten me on that reasoning.

pitbulld45

Follower of I AM
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 27, 2012
    Terre Haute
    So,the fact that according to the article they knocked, announced, used flashing blue lights and sirens mean nothing? They had a lawful warrant and did everything they could to let him know,they were Police.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    So,the fact that according to the article they knocked, announced, used flashing blue lights and sirens mean nothing? They had a lawful warrant and did everything they could to let him know,they were Police.

According to the article, they did the lights, sirens, and screaming at the same time as they entered the residence.
    If you woke me up that way, there is a good chance I would think that the cops were chasing someone who was breaking into my house. After all, I haven't done anything that would lead to cops raiding my house.

If anyone ever needs to arrest me, just call. I'll gladly meet the police at my lawyer's office. Sure beats getting my house and family shot up.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    If anyone ever needs to arrest me, just call. I'll gladly meet the police at my lawyer's office. Sure beats getting my house and family shot up.

Pffft, if you do that, how can you have a "junk on the bunk" press conference (don't forget to put the airsoft guns there too) that inflates budgets for the next year?

Think, man, think!

I just don't understand how the short term rush of playing ninja justifies long-term injury to everyone involved. Still waiting to hear the justification for this. But I admit my ignorance on this.

Top Bottom