• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tomc1947

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    YODER
    I strayed away from using cheap as the gun doesn't look cheap. Not to mention I don't want to offend any current owners. I know I tend to get a little defensive when someone knocks a firearm I have trained with and know to be reliable. Would you consider their customer service on par with say Ruger?

I get your point, and no offense taken. However, I do find interesting the criteria different people use to choose firearms. Some use price, some choose only by mfg.,etc.....There's no right or wrong, just get what you like.

I don't own a SCCY anymore, not because I don't like the gun; I've discovered Makarov's and their varients. Just me.

As far as customer service goes. A couple of years ago I sent a 3 screw single six to Ruger for their safety recall, no problems.
    I also had a mag issue with the first SCCY I bought. Called about it and within a week they sent me 2 new ones.
    Both Companies take customer service seriously.

EyeCarry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Bloomington
    I have more than 600 but less than 1000 rounds through mine. It fits my hands very well and sights well for me. Accurate? Yes. Any troubles? Occasional FTE, my fault I think. Last time out it did this with WWbox which has happened before with this ammo. I don't have any problems with my reloads which are light rounds. I suspect that the hotter WWB and the light frame might be why.
    DON'T shoot that steel Tulammo stuff. It does not like it and the manual warns against steel cased ammo anyway. 50 rounds of Tullammo was all I had when I bought the weapon. That's how I know. I was even tempted to get a second one when Rural King had a really low price two months ago.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    I assume(d) SCCY was an example of what some new gun owners purchase.
    Once one has been a gun owner for an extended period of time,
    then there's usually an "upgrade" to something better/nicer...no?

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I dunno, I am not at all new to guns and I have one and still like it. Mine is from back before the vodka company sued them and says "Skky" on it still. They are nice shooting, compact 9 MM's and they are a whole lot better than any KelTec IMO.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    I dunno, I am not at all new to guns and I have one and still like it. Mine is from back before the vodka company sued them and says "Skky" on it still. They are nice shooting, compact 9 MM's and they are a whole lot better than any KelTec IMO.

warthog! my man!

SCCY was my first handgun (the CPX-1 gen 2)
    I didn't mind shooting it. I learned a lot with it.
    but I'd say my comment above was geared more
    towards those of us with a "high turnover rate"
    with the first batch of guns we used to own, etc........
    those who held on to their first gun(s) are the smart ones...
    (I don't get rid of too many guns anymore - not like I used to)

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Hondolane
    Top Bottom