• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Papadaca

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 28, 2015
    NWi
    I enjoyed his review of this gun, as well. Wound up buying the Walther PPX instead of the SD9VE.

The big thing for me was the Walther's trigger. Light pull, good reset. Although my wife was not happy with my purchase of a semi-auto that lacked an external safety, she loves shooting it. And she's pretty damn good with it.
    The Walther PPx can use a sw mp steel guide rod as an upgrade.

EPeter213

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2016
    Floyd/Harrison
    Purchased an SD9ve for my first gun about a month ago. Since I have very little shooting experience, the heavier trigger pull doesn't bother me. It makes me feel a lot less likely to squeeze off a round accidentally.

I've only put about 250 rounds through it so far. ( a mix of Blazer, winchester, and remington, all 115g fmj ) but no Failures of any sort despite my untrained grip and poor recoil management. (getting better with practice)

It does seem a bit large for CC, but I think it's definately manageble with the right holster, especially in jacket weather.

I'm planning on doing more shooting and training with mine before I start to actually carry it, so I have not yet purchased a holster. I've heard good things about the Blackhawk Sherpa, but I'd really like to know if anyone has tried this or a similar sized gun with the Urban Carry G2. I like the concept, but the reviews seem a bit mixed.

HubertGummer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 7, 2016
    McCordsville
    Purchased an SD9ve for my first gun about a month ago. Since I have very little shooting experience, the heavier trigger pull doesn't bother me. It makes me feel a lot less likely to squeeze off a round accidentally.

I've only put about 250 rounds through it so far. ( a mix of Blazer, winchester, and remington, all 115g fmj ) but no Failures of any sort despite my untrained grip and poor recoil management. (getting better with practice)

It does seem a bit large for CC, but I think it's definately manageble with the right holster, especially in jacket weather.

I'm planning on doing more shooting and training with mine before I start to actually carry it, so I have not yet purchased a holster. I've heard good things about the Blackhawk Sherpa, but I'd really like to know if anyone has tried this or a similar sized gun with the Urban Carry G2. I like the concept, but the reviews seem a bit mixed.

I CC this gun. I have a full size Foxx hybrid holster. I wear it at about 4 o'clock and it pretty much disappears even under a t shirt. I usually wear button down shirts untucked and it doesn't print at all. The Foxx does a good job at keeping the gun close to your body.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola

Make sure you have a good gun belt. It really does make carrying a larger (really any size) gun so much easier. I like the Daltech BioBelt. Made here in Indiana and for $50, you can't beat it. I carry an XDm 5.25 9mm in a Galco Kingtuc. I never have an issue.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky

I'll second the bio belt! Mine is going on 2 years of daily use, and hardly any sign of wear. You may look into Bianchi carryloc holsters, not sure if they make one for your particular model, but that holster coupled with a bio belt makes for a very comfortable and secure carry rig.

EPeter213

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2016
    Floyd/Harrison
    Thanks for all the feedback!

I've experimented a bit with my (unloaded and safety checked) sd9ve, and it does seem that an IWB around 4:30 should be reasonably comfortable. I do have an additional question though.

With the gun in a 4:30 position, it seems more natural to draw it from a handle-right position. With the back of my hand against my back to draw. Would this require a left hand draw holster?

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    IMHO that is a bad idea. In a stress situation, the last thing you want to do is sweep your own body with a loaded firearm

EPeter213

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2016
    Floyd/Harrison
    IMHO that is a bad idea. In a stress situation, the last thing you want to do is sweep your own body with a loaded firearm

An excellent observation. While experimenting, draw from this position seemed to keep the muzzle down and out, however after reading your post I realize it is certainly possible to sweep your own body without realizing it. Flipping the handle to right hand, though a bit awkward at first, almost forces me to swing the pistol clear and avoid this. thank you very much for pointing this out.

At the very least, I will not carry in condition1 from this position.

Top Bottom