• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    I was pulled over for failure to come to a complete stop once. I personally think I didn't do a 'rolling stop', but whatever. Asked for ID, insurance, etc. Went back to car. Gave me my information back. Asked me if I had been drinking, told him no. Told me to get out of the car, shined a flashlight in my eye, had me follow the tip of his pen around. Stand on one leg for a few seconds. I guess I passed the sobriety test, because he shifted gears and asked if I consented to his search of my vehicle. I told him no. He pulled the same old line of "if you have nothing to hide" etc, and then claimed he smelled weed in the car upon pulling me over.. aka he had probable cause and was doing it anyway. I had accidentally locked my keys in the car when I got out. He asked for me to unlock it (it had the door code thing, it was a Ford Excursion) and I told him I didn't know the code. He was furious. Claimed he was going to have it towed in, etc. He pissed and moaned for about 10 minutes while threatening to get a canine unit to come out... and eventually left. Leaving me stranded on the side of the roadway. I really didn't know the code by the way...I was stranded on the side of the road at almost midnight with my car keys and cellphone locked inside my truck. Dick move on his part IMO. Walked about a mile down the road until I found a gas station and used their phone to call a tow truck driver to come out and unlock it for $75 due to it being so late.

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    "Protecting and serving you!" That cop pulled all the clever tricks they use. Granted, not ALL LEOs pull this crap, but I have seen far too many who will try to get away with it (and usually do). If LEO depts. are going to hire/train officers like this, I don't want to be protected or served. When they ask the classic question "if you have nothing to hide..." the correct answer should be "because I don't have time for your crap, SIR!" Of course that doesn't work either because then you are "obstructing" and being "evasive". I have a brother in law who just graduated the local police academy. This guy is a total bully and has absolutely has no business wearing a badge and I feel sorry for everyone who is forced to interact with him. Many years ago when I was young I would call the police when I was threatened or needed help. Not any more.

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    "Protecting and serving you!" That cop pulled all the clever tricks they use. Granted, not ALL LEOs pull this crap, but I have seen far too many who will try to get away with it (and usually do). If LEO depts. are going to hire/train officers like this, I don't want to be protected or served. When they ask the classic question "if you have nothing to hide..." the correct answer should be "because I don't have time for your crap, SIR!" Of course that doesn't work either because then your are "obstructing" and being "evasive". I have a brother in law who just graduated the local police academy. This guy is a total bully and has absolutely has no business wearing a badge and I feel sorry for everyone who is forced to interact with him. Many years ago when I was young I would call the police when I was threatened or needed help. Not any more.

So a guy breaks into your house late one night, all you're going to do is handle business and and bury the body in your backyard? And what if you need a VIN check? You going to get a dealer to sign off on it? And if you find a body in the middle of the road, are in an accident, see a guy beating his wife, a kid tells you his uncle is molesting him, your knocked unconscious and robbed, a naked man pees on your lawn every Wednesday, a power line falls down, you see flashlights beams and masked men in a local store after business hours.... have I made my point, or shall I continue?

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    Oh you have made your point quite clearly. You have not seen what I have seen (and I sincerely hope that you never do), so respectfully, please don't lecture me on what I should or should not do. You are living in a dream world. Enjoy it while you can. Have a nice day.

Last edited:

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    None of my friends do.

I'm sure there's an acquaintance or two just playing the odds, but none of my FRIENDS partake.

And it's a horrible reflection upon this society when it's considered odd to not have any friends that smoke pot.
    What is so horrible? It's a fact that many millions of people smoke pot. Should those people NOT be friends with the rest of us?

Top Bottom