Not open for further replies.

Goober135

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Valparaiso
    I'll be there unless some unforeseen issue stops me!

I will also sponsor the rifle competition! :rockwoot:

Handguns:
    Bersa Thunder Plus [.380] (will have some ammo)
    Charter Arms Undercover [.38] (will have some ammo)
    Beretta 96FS [.40] (will have some ammo)
    Springfield GI 1911 [.45] (will have some ammo)

Rifles:
    (lefty) Stag Arms AR-15 [5.56/.223] (will have some ammo)
    Savage Bolt [.22] (will have some ammo)

Might bring: (for skeet)
    Savage 20ga side-by-side
    Remington 12ga pump

Also, I could probably take NapalmFTW.

Last edited:

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    Also, I could probably take NapalmFTW.

Thanks - I should be good either way. I wouldn't wanna have you drive from Valpo to Sville just to go back past Valpo.

I usually pool with Davegrave. I think last year I offered to take him to the range at least once so maybe we'll do that this time... LOL.

Goober135

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Valparaiso
    Thanks - I should be good either way. I wouldn't wanna have you drive from Valpo to Sville just to go back past Valpo.

I usually pool with Davegrave. I think last year I offered to take him to the range at least once so maybe we'll do that this time... LOL.

Alright. Let me know if you end up needing a ride, even if it's out of the way! That doesn't bother me. A shooter in need, is a friend indeed! ;) :D

:rockwoot:

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    I will definitly be there. I'm bringing 5 sheets of plywood and pop. On to the good stuff. Xdm .40, SA 1911 range officer, sw .460 magnum, glock 19, walther p22. Kriss vector .45, scar 16s 5.56, FNAR 7.62x51, 2 FN slp (one mod 0 one tactical) All I ask is brass cases ammo only. I'm bringing ammo for all of them, but It's alot of mouths to feed. As for the .460 it can fire .45 lc, 454 casull, and obviously .460 s&w magnumi'll have a good amount of ammo for it but not a ton it's expensive.

That is one heck of alot of mouths to feed.

You guns need to bring some 5.56 and shoot that 16!

t_star

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    NWI
    Put us down for a maybe. We're hoping to make it for the morning, then we'll have to skedaddle (nephew's 4th birthday party).
    I'll be bringing a S&W 459 (.45, need ammo) and a kel-tec P3AT (need ammo) as long as I don't end up getting rid of either by then. I'll let darkkevin chime in with his.
    I'll also bring some chips and homemade salsa (which is usually pretty stinkin' hot).

DaveL

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 5, 2011
    Lafayette
    I'm doing my best to attend. I will bring a Bulgarian Mak (9x18), a CZ-512 (.22 auto) and a HiPoint TS995 (9x19). I HOPE I'll have a CZ-82 or a Pre-B CZ-75 by then, but won't know for sure for a week or two. I'll have .22 ammo and 9x19, but very limited 9x18. I'll monitor the food and bring what looks like something that is needed.

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    Put me down as a definite maybe, I'll know in a couple weeks yay or nay and what I'll bring if anything. Since I missed every single event last year, I'm hoping to make the majority this year.

danimal

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2011
    Unincorporated Lake County
    I'll have ammo for all my guns if anyone wants to try a few rounds through them.

- Ruger SR40
    - Ruger SuperRedhawk .44mag
    - S&W M&P45
    - S&W SW1911TA (picking it up Saturday if the wife isn't in labor)
    - AR-15 (if I have it completed by the event)

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Does the handgun need to be in a locked container when being transported from Illinois by an Illinois resident? ... how about Indiana resident transporting within Indiana (without a LTCH)?

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Does the handgun need to be in a locked container when being transported from Illinois by an Illinois resident?

As I often transport a handgun in Illinois I'll try to help you.

Per ILLINOIS laws, a gun may be transported in the state as long as it is UNLOADED and in a proper container. The magazine (if the gun is a pistol) may be loaded, the magazine must also be in a proper container. A proper container includes a zippered gun rug. A plastic gun box. These containers are closed but there is no requirement that it be padlocked or otherwise locked.

Now if you have a LTCH then the ILL COURTS have ruled that you may transport a gun in your glovebox or armrest . . . again it must be unloaded. If you don't have a LTCH then you may be in legal jeopardy if you try to transport in IL in your glovebox!!! I say this because the courts have not ruled on that type of transport yet.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    I'm sorry, I wasn't clear. I was talking about Illinois residents transporting handguns in Indiana. I understand and am aware of the Illinois laws ... including the fanny pack test cases for those transporting/carrying firearms in Illinois.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I'm sorry, I wasn't clear. I was talking about Illinois residents transporting handguns in Indiana. I understand and am aware of the Illinois laws ... including the fanny pack test cases for those transporting/carrying firearms in Illinois.

From the OP

I live in IL and would like to attend the event. Can I bring my guns as well?
    Everyone is welcome to attend. Winamac is a free Indiana public range.
    Effective 01 JUL 2011 a new Indiana state law allows a person who does not have an Indiana Handgun License to transport a handgun from his/her home to a gun range if the following two conditions are met:
    1) Handgun is unloaded
    2) Handgun is in a secure container (ie. locked)
    As such IL residents you can now bring your handguns to the IN range in addition to your long guns.

---
    So one the IL resident is inside IN s/he follows the above.
    While in IL the IL resident follows what bob said.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    So, you're saying it's Indiana state law that the handgun be unloaded and in a locked container (for an Illinois resident)?

There's no distinction between secure and locked?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom