• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    Good Ruger CS experience to report here as well. I had a new SR22P with the threaded barrel, and would get regular feeding/FTE problems. When the mag was empty, assuming I could get that far, it was a real pain to remove, like it was stuck in the mag well.

I had it back, fully repaired, within 5 days. It's been a perfect shooter since.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    Update..UPS Sucks!
    So Ruger said to send it Fed-ex or UPS, The Hardware store here in town ships UPS, "OH it's a gun? You have to take it to Plymouth"... Plymouth " Oh gun parts?.. you have to take it to Bourben"..
    So my brother dropped it off at the LGS said he'd ship it back for my brother.
    I had to take mine to Bourbon too. When on the phone with Ruger CS the lady was going to send me a FedEx label then saw that Bourbon was closer to me. Maybe a 25 minute drive. Walkerton to Bourbon is a bit longer drive for you.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I told you that using a jack hammer to take the carbon buildup of the face of the cylinder could harm the gun......

I am still reeling over "I broke a Ruger Blackhawk"....I had never heard nor seen that phrase before

1. How dare you tell me what to do, it's my jack hammer, I don't care what Dotlich Contractors, Inc. and the Indianapolis police say!

2. If you faint at the thought of me locking up a Blackhawk then I won't tell you about the Colt Frontier that I snapped in half in undergrad.

AceDerringer

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 8, 2013
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I wish all gun manufacturers modeled their CS after Rugers...awesome. I lost a couple of screws to my competition Vaqueros and had free replacements within days.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    *Update*
    Ruger had the gun for about 2weeks.
    Completely rebuilt, changed everything including the sights, plus reblued,.....Total $ amount $25 for the shipping there
    I own one Ruger, after this I'll buy more

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Out of a dozen Rugers, I have sent one back, only after it was heavily worn, and a "gunsmith" fooled with it and fouled it up. He said it was not worth fixing, but I sent it back. They did have it a long time, but it came back like new and working perfectly for a few bucks. They even gave me new grips. I ordered parts a couple times for some modifications I was attempting. I was impressed enough to spend my money with them again.

marv

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Gatchel, IN
    UPS picked up my LCR day before yesterday. It's going back home to get that crappy trigger reset fixed.
    Ruger called me a few minutes ago. Said my LCR was beyond repair. They're sending me a new one at no charge. Now THAT is some Really GOOD customer service.

pirate

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    They are always on top their game when I ship something to them. Usually get a package in the mail a week after I send it out.

hoosierfishing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 17, 2010
    Out of curiosity, how does one send a gun back to Ruger to be worked on? I tried to send one back a few years ago, and was told by the guy at UPS that they can't send guns via mail. I even had a label from Ruger.

marv

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Gatchel, IN
    Out of curiosity, how does one send a gun back to Ruger to be worked on? I tried to send one back a few years ago, and was told by the guy at UPS that they can't send guns via mail. I even had a label from Ruger.
    When the guy at Ruger said to send it back I thought Oh $***, it's gonna be on my dime. I asked him to send me a shipping label. He said "we don't do that. You have the gun packaged and ready with the R A number on the box and UPS will pick it up tomorrow". And they did.

Patriot3

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Kokomo
    I've sent back an old half lug gp100 back once to get inspected and figure out why it was shaving lead off the bullets. I can say that it was the best customer service I've dealt with on guns and it was back within a week.

hoosier21

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    South Bend
    I spoke with Ruger yesterday regarding a problem with my LC9 front sight. It has shifted to the right and the shots are very low. She said we'll take care of it. She emailed me a prepaid shipping label, and said to send it through Fed Ex. So far, so good. I'll get it shipped tonight or tomorrow and we'll see how it goes..... She asked me if I was okay sending it to them them? I said sure, I have a brand new SR9C that I love and it will keep me company until the LC9 returns.

Rooze1986

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 26, 2014
    NWI
    Ruger has top notch customer service. I had my first handgun, SR9 with a slide issue and they fixed it for free, although I did have to pay the shipping to them, they paid for shipping back. I think I mailed it and then had it back within 6 days.

Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest
    Had a problem with a SR9c a couple years ago. Called, received shipping label, shipped, & received back at my door in 6 days...no charge., no hassles. Customer doesn't get any better than that.

Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest
    Had a problem with a SR9c a couple years ago. Called, received shipping label, shipped, & received back at my door in 6 days...no charge., no hassles. Customer service doesn't get any better than that.

Top Bottom