Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ...What should be the deciding factor?

That is up to you. A few of mine:

I really, really like the bead blasted stainless finish on my Kimber. It's held up well with only a few shiny spots that are fairly user fixable.

20,000 rounds and still ticking without much issue. I got nothing against other brands, but why would I change when completely happy with a heavily tested gun? Unless, of course, I could afford to go thousands more for a big name gun, (with that same stainless finish.)

No issues with those scary mim parts or internal safety.

American made is a plus for me!

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    You know how I feel about them. And my offer still stands if you want test drive my Eclipse Pro before you buy. Or try any of the others.

Thanks Hoosier, your enthusiasum for them (as well as the fact that you own 11 of them and if anyone wouldve gotten a lemon it wouldve been you) was one of the reasons I really looked deeper into the Kimber.

As far as some of you suggesting the SA TRP, I just absolutely HATE the grip on them. If I was gonna buy a SA it would be the full sized MC Operator, and I havent ruled that one out as my next one :D,

Im not concerened about MIM parts, If I was I wouldnt own any Rugers and I own 4 of those. As far as the rust problem i was aware that Kimber uses a non stainless steel for thier barrels before I started looking at them and honestly if that bothered me I wouldnt own any CZs and i own 2 of those.

Thanks guys thats what i was looking for any more info is always appreciated. Im totally convinced now that Ill be more than happy with the Kimber, Also its gonna be on sale at Bradis on monday so Im looking forward to a late christmas present to myself ;). I know, I know in my last thread i said i was waiting for summer before i buy but who can resist a sale? Thanks again.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I have two Kimbers, an Ultra Carry and a Stainless Compact and both have been fantastic guns. I cannot recall ever having an issue with either of the two. The Ultra was the low end of the Kimber line, with a steel slide, aluminum frame and rubber grips bought for $759. Not a high end custom gun or anything but it's been flawless. The Stainless was also from the lower end of the product line and has been a great gun as well. I've had night sights put on both and have played with a bunch of different grips over the years but that's about as much money as I've needed to put into them. I'm probably getting due for a spring kit as I'm approaching 1200 rounds through each of them but that's about it.

They've been great guns for me.

Ryninger

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Newburgh
    I've had a couple of Kimbers. I miss and regret selling the Custom II that another INGOer now owns. I do not miss the CDPII I sold. If I could get my hands on my original Custom II I'd buy it back in a heartbeat. Or if I could get a Kimber made 5-6 years ago or older. Word on the street is the major stock holder in Kimber is no longer in the family and quality has suffered a bit (Broke an ejector pin 1st time out with one). Along with their customer service.

I won't advise against a Kimber, but to proceed with caution.

Elmore's has a nice selection of 1911's, but Bradis gets my nod for their customer service.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    I had a Sig that came through their "custom shop" that had to go back.. They did repair it free but I've owned and shot more than my share of Kimbers without a hitch. Personally I prefer gen I pistols but I've had a few gen IIs without any problems. For my money the best "production" 1911 on the market.

68_F100

Expert
    Rating - 93.9%
    31   2   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    North Salem
    I trust my life and the lives of my family to a Kimber ultra carry 2. I have **** customs that cost 3x as much and I would never trade my kimber for any of them. But you should shoot a few and find the gun that's best for you.

Bonez87

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    Clinton, IN
    I have owned 5 different kimber model 1911's and the eclipse pro ii was one of them. I havent had a problem with any of them. They are extremely accurate, reliable and worth every penny. You wont be disappointed if you pick one up.

Top Bottom