• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JRL

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Broad Ripple
    Did anyone happen to see this booth at the 1500? I found them pretty damn interesting. I actually wrote the owner and he is mailing me 5 samples to review for a column, really nice guy.

Did anyone happen to pick one of these up? If so, what were your thoughts?

-Ry-

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I thought very hard about getting one. They seemed extremely solid, but a little crude compared to other options out there. In the end, it's a tool more than a beauty queen so if they hold up well I'd probably get one.

Ramiel

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    East side of Indy
    Shadow Tech Knives

Gave em a look and can agree that function over form is what they're going for. A few of their models really look like they'd be great for just giving some hard use outdoors. You'll have to let us know when you get your samples what you think.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    I have no experience with them, but have read several positive reviews. For the price, they look pretty solid. I would pick one out in person though, because the finish seemed to really vary from 1 to the next.

BuddieReigns

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2012
    Muncie
    I have 3. I personally think the talon A is about the best knife I have ever owned. I carry it just about everyday. I've had a talon d for like a year and a half, it rules, but the talon A is boss hogg. the dudes are really cool too.

BuddieReigns

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2012
    Muncie
    I have a talon E, not D. I even dropped it directly on it's tip onto the concrete floor in the backroom of the store I work in, and it barely dinged it. I also bought another talon E for my girlfriend at the last show, but I haven't messed with it yet. I also wear my Talon A upside down on my belt, and I've never had any problems with it falling out. The Talon E did every once and a while, but mainly just riding passenger in people's cars. I don't know why. I then started wearing it on a separate belt with my Leatherman so I don't have to keep taking the belt off my work pants every other day, and I'd wear my knife belt looser and it's never happened again. I just think it may have been rubbing my hips and **** since I'm a little more husky.

Charlie2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Mooresville.
    I have one I bought when they first started making their own knives ..!! Its kinda crude but for what I paid ($60} it's ok. It's more of a sharpened little crowbar than a knife, and that how i use it.. They haven't changed much , other than a little better looking cosmetically ( not alot ). There fit and finish does very from knife to knife.. The edge on mine is decent.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I handled a few at the last show... And I handled even more at the previous show.

They're HEAVY knives. Better worded: Heavy for their size. Thick & meaty. (just like me)

Look forward to the review / column, OP!!!

-J-

Squib

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I picked up a plain edge Talon B at a show last year. I agree with most of what has been said. They are working knives, and stout is a good description. And, it holds a good edge. :yesway:

The sheath holds it tightly in place, so I never worry about it staying in place. It is an earlier model, so it does not have the multiple angle carrying options; just horizontal and verticle. I carry it horizontally in the small of my back and despite the thick handle it is comfortable. A very good do a lot work knife.

Nice guy, too. I think he is in Ohio someplace.

ISP 5353

Master
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 21, 2009
    Putnam County
    I have carried one of their blades for about a year and a half. It is my EDC. Carries well and is built like a tank. I convexed the edge and it is a cutting machine. They may not be the most beautiful knife, but they are every thing a working knife should be.

JRL

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Broad Ripple
    I just received the knives this morning. I'll be sure to get you a link to the write up as soon as I'm finished & it goes live.

On that note... Would anyone who has had experience with Shadow Tech be interested in giving me a quote or two? I would appreciate it.

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    Did anyone happen to see this booth at the 1500? I found them pretty damn interesting. I actually wrote the owner and he is mailing me 5 samples to review for a column, really nice guy.

Did anyone happen to pick one of these up? If so, what were your thoughts?

-Ry-

Would you mind sharing your column name?

JRL

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Broad Ripple
    Would you mind sharing your column name?

Of course! I write for Zombie Training Magazine. We are a brand new magazine/website that will launch our first issue in March (website redo in the next couple weeks). We already have an absurd 14,000+ SM subscribers so we are confident that its going to be a pretty big hit.

I know it might sound silly, but really we are a group of Preppers & creative writers who have found a great, very engaging audience.

I believe I actually bought a little tonto blade from you at the 1500... Great little knife!

Top Bottom