• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I'm pretty happy with it. We are 5 miles outside of a small town. The area is starting to build up around us, but the average home has no less than 2 acres and many have 20 acres. My little 'neighborhood' is one curved road that has 28 homes scattered on 155 acres. There is a good size creek to prevent anyone from entering the property from the west, the road comes in from the north, woods and sparsely placed homes occupy the area surrounding the land to the south and the east.

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    I'm pretty happy with it. We are 5 miles outside of a small town. The area is starting to build up around us, but the average home has no less than 2 acres and many have 20 acres. My little 'neighborhood' is one curved road that has 28 homes scattered on 155 acres. There is a good size creek to prevent anyone from entering the property from the west, the road comes in from the north, woods and sparsely placed homes occupy the area surrounding the land to the south and the east.

Oh, yeah! Heaven on Earth! :thumbsup: Something like that has been my dream for years! I check the listings in IN every so often just for S & G s . So, far much more than I can get for my house, but if I save, I might be able to swing it. (in a few years.)

pinpointshot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Can law enforcement keep a person or FORCE a person to not go back to their residence if the place has not been declared a disaster area?

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    technically no and technically yes. If the area is "unsafe" then they can tell you no. But unsafe usually constitutes disease ridden flooded areas, impassable roads, NG leak, things of that nature. You can always walk/sneak onto your property, but I don't know what will happen if you do and get caught. Never known anyone to get caught...

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    Can law enforcement keep a person or FORCE a person to not go back to their residence if the place has not been declared a disaster area?

Right or wrong, they have done it. It's not always a "safety" issue, either, but a "control" issue. The fewer people in an area, the less they have to worry about whether they belong there - or are looters. Makes their jobs easier.

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL

The smoke you see coming from your computer does not indicate that something is wrong with your computer - it's flowing from my fingers through my message! :xmad:

I believe there is a law in place in many (if not most/all) states that forbids such actions now.
    I know that I would not leave without certain "valuable" items, if I left at all.

While I have a B.O.B. and tub in my truck and car, there would more that I would want to take, if circumstances dictated/allowed.
    No "person" would tell me what and/or if.

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    The smoke you see coming from your computer does not indicate that something is wrong with your computer - it's flowing from my fingers through my message! :xmad:

I believe there is a law in place in many (if not most/all) states that forbids such actions now.
    I know that I would not leave without certain "valuable" items, if I left at all.

While I have a B.O.B. and tub in my truck and car, there would more that I would want to take, if circumstances dictated/allowed.
    No "person" would tell me what and/or if.

It's federal law actually, and WAS In Place during the above Event. Apparently Kansas chose to violate that law.

Gun Law News - SA4615 - Prohibition On Confiscation Of Firearms

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    It's federal law actually, and WAS In Place during the above Event. Apparently Kansas chose to violate that law.

Gun Law News - SA4615 - Prohibition On Confiscation Of Firearms

That's where a B.O.B. would come in handy. Not only would one want to include food, water, shelter, meds, first aid, but personal papers (deeds, insurance, list of gun id #s and photos, money,etc) but any handguns, ammo, etc.

If ordered out, grab and go! (Although, I would also want to grab, rifles, shotguns, more ammo, etc) ALL firearms and jewelry.
    It also wouldn't hurt to keep the door closed and locked and maybe say something like: "Hold on, I'm not dressed" :):

Last edited:
    Top Bottom