• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    When a criminal attacks you he is threatening to take your life and you have the right to defend yourself. When he steals your property he only steals a small portion of your life but he's still taking part of your life but this you don't have a right to protect.

Incorrect. You don't have the right to protect using deadly force, but that's not the same as you don't have the right to protect. Same reason misdemeanors and felonies come in different levels, not every crime receives the same punishment.

t-squared

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    Crown Point
    Gotta question. Say I find a thief/s in the process of stealing something, say out out of my car or backyard shed. I yell at them and they take off. Naturally I'm really pissed, maybe this is the second or third time I've been victimized, so I give chase. During the chase one of them stops, turns, and fires a gun at me. I then return fire and kill him. How would this play out for me?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Questions, cuffs, and lawyers. And, hopefully, the prosecutor facing a decision on dismissal or jury trial.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Gotta question. Say I find a thief/s in the process of stealing something, say out out of my car or backyard shed. I yell at them and they take off. Naturally I'm really pissed, maybe this is the second or third time I've been victimized, so I give chase. During the chase one of them stops, turns, and fires a gun at me. I then return fire and kill him. How would this play out for me?

You can confront. You can chase. If the situation then becomes fear for your life, deadly force could become a legal option. Devil is in the details. Look up the IC for use of force.

t-squared

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    Crown Point
    Thanks. I asked because this is a situation I could see myself actually being in......not chasing after a thief so I could get a good shot at him or deliver a dose of vigilante justice, but trying to catch and detain them until the police got there.

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    Son, we live in a world that has cars, and the stuff in those cars has to be guarded by men with guns in apartment complex parking lots. Who’s gonna do it? You? You, Officer Blue? He has a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for the thief, and you curse the apartment dweller. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what he knows. That the thief’s stained underwear, while tragic, probably saved stuff in cars. And his existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves stuff in cars. You don’t want the truth because deep down in places you don’t talk about at parties, you want him in that parking lot, you need him in that parking lot. He uses words like "hispanic", "Jetta", "dark colored". He uses these words as the backbone of a life spent defending stuff in cars. You use them as a punchline. He has neither the time nor the inclination to explain himself to a man who rises and sleeps near the blanket of the protection of stuff in cars that he provides, and then questions the manner in which he provides it. He would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way. Otherwise, he suggests you pick up a weapon and stand a post protecting stuff in cars. Either way, he doesn’t give a damn what you think you are entitled to.

lol love this!

Top Bottom