• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    At the last gun shop I was in, which will remain nameless, Counterman told me that he just saw Jeff Cooper at the NRA Annual Meeting in Houston. (I was very proud of myself, I did not say a single word).

Apparently the gun culture is infected with zombieism.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I see he did die in 2012. I wonder how the story started? I thought it was a little outrageous even for Denver police. The original link is from a site that has usually been reliable but I see it's all over the net right now.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Examiner is not generally known for posting fiction, although they occasionally get some facts wrong (like pretty much any news source). They claim that the story came from NRA director Steve Schreiner, who is presumably a credible source, and that gun show did take place this weekend. I can only assume that the name or identity of the person arrested was horribly mistaken.

EDIT: According to the article's author, quoted from Perazzi's lawyer, the person arrested is the grandson of Daniele Perazzi, so he's a namesake. He's not THE Daniele Perazzi, but he's A Daniele Perazzi.

Last edited:

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Is it possible that the story is true, and they simply got the first name wrong? Could it perhaps be that the person they are talking about is not Daniele but his son Mauro who I believe is the current president or at least a higher up in the company.

See the post immediately before yours.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Is it possible that the story is true, and they simply got the first name wrong? Could it perhaps be that the person they are talking about is not Daniele but his son Mauro who I believe is the current president or at least a higher up in the company.

Possible? Sure. But it's the gun culture, all kinds of nonsense generates without anyone even trying.

I'll with with total nonsense until shown otherwise.

1. Daniele Perazzi is dead.

2. Contrary to movies and CSI police cannot "take someone in for questioning".

3. This is the Orvis-set. Guys are there wearing suits totaling entire gun collections.

If you attend this gun show, you won't smell like an armpit and will have been to a dentist in the last 6 months and, moreover, you have the education and resources to make the police disappear with a phone call. Plus you know not to believe the "come with us for questioning".

You are a big whig with Perazzi. You do not go for a turkey sandwhich without your attorney; you are very familiar with the law in your biggest market. Heck, the attorney likely had the adjoing hotel suite.

4. Contract dispute (the guns are sold in the back) that went south and someone stormed off mad and some weird cover story got all twist around like the "telephone" game you played in grade school?

Wait and see but my money is on punking.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Examiner is not generally known for posting fiction, although they occasionally get some facts wrong (like pretty much any news source). They claim that the story came from NRA director Steve Schreiner, who is presumably a credible source, and that gun show did take place this weekend. I can only assume that the name or identity of the person arrested was horribly mistaken.

EDIT: According to the article's author, quoted from Perazzi's lawyer, the person arrested is the grandson of Daniele Perazzi, so he's a namesake. He's not THE Daniele Perazzi, but he's A Daniele Perazzi.

Ahh.

Seems I was wrong.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Holy mother of pearl! I just saw a Fox31 story.

Apparently this is true, or reported as true.

*head spins*

Man, did the coppers just grab the bull by the horns or what? Policy limits check to Mr. Perazzi's named charity now.

How old is this grandson? Why is he wandering about without the rest of the Board of Directors and a platoon of lawyers?:dunno:

Last edited:

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Holy mother of pearl! I just saw a Fox31 story.

Apparently this is true, or reported as true.

*head spins*

Man, did the coppers just grab the bull by the horns or what? Policy limits check to Mr. Perazzi's named charity now.

How old is this grandson? Why is he wandering about without the rest of the Board of Directors and a platoon of lawyers?:dunno:

Maybe he's trying to drum up checks for his favorite charity. :laugh:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I cannot believe the cops would act that way.

What was he "arrested for"? Not being a WASP in possession of firearms?

That is every negative image of the Western States rolled into one incident.

I have this image of the Denver City Attorney rubbing his temples with both hands, saying "calm blue ocean" over and over.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    You should read Codrea's account of the fact-checking he did.

Well, "fact-checking" in the gun culture? Where they all cite each other?:D

I did check Codrea that is why I linked to the War on Guns. And to be fair, I would trust Codrea before I trust any of the other gun culture.

The problem is that the gun culture never gets it from the horse's mouth. They all run around the table on fire in their wookie suits but no one war games it out (well-scrubbed and educated persons with resources and knowledge get hassled by local cops--ain't no way) even checks with Perazzi (maybe because he speaks the third most Italian)?

Typical reaction without thinking that is a failing of the gun culture.

Top Bottom