• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Well, "fact-checking" in the gun culture? Where they all cite each other?:D

I did check Codrea that is why I linked to the War on Guns. And to be fair, I would trust Codrea before I trust any of the other gun culture.

The problem is that the gun culture never gets it from the horse's mouth. They all run around the table on fire in their wookie suits but no one war games it out (well-scrubbed and educated persons with resources and knowledge get hassled by local cops--ain't no way) even checks with Perazzi (maybe because he speaks the third most Italian)?

Typical reaction without thinking that is a failing of the gun culture.

Your response doesn't seem to make sense. You say trust Codrea but then accuse him of not fact-checking. He said that he got his facts from respected members of the gun community (such as NRA director Schreiner, who claimed to have first-hand knowledge of the event). How is that "citing each other" when he went straight to the sources? He may very well have gotten played, but I wouldn't say that he was reporting irresponsibly. I think he did everything he could reasonably be expected to do to verify the story before publishing it.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Your response doesn't seem to make sense. You say trust Codrea but then accuse him of not fact-checking. He said that he got his facts from respected members of the gun community (such as NRA director Schreiner, who claimed to have first-hand knowledge of the event). How is that "citing each other" when he went straight to the sources? He may very well have gotten played, but I wouldn't say that he was reporting irresponsibly. I think he did everything he could reasonably be expected to do to verify the story before publishing it.

I don't follow what Kirk is calling "the gun culture," but I followed the link and saw Codrea's explanation of what he did to fact-check the story. Seems to me he went to great lengths to ensure he was telling it correctly. Certainly, he went to greater lengths than the MSM did to cover Benghazi. . . .

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Your response doesn't seem to make sense.

Allow me to clarify then.

You say trust Codrea but then accuse him of not fact-checking. He said that he got his facts from respected members of the gun community (such as NRA director Schreiner, who claimed to have first-hand knowledge of the event).

I said that I trust Codrea before I trust any other blogger or tale teller in the gun culture, but he is still inside the gun culture and thus prone to their weaknesses.

Codrea and others all cite each other. To use your example Codrea cited the NRA, not the police or someone outside the gun culture. One gun culture member cited another gun culture member instead of seeking someone not involved in the game of telephone.

Ever been inside a gun store or gun show? If you have you have heard all kinds of nonsense. The NRA BoD member was simply playing telephone and that gets cited as Codrea's "source".

Arrest records are public record. A quick call to two police agencies would have confirmed this story as hokum.

I think he did everything he could reasonably be expected to do to verify the story before publishing it.

Based on the Fox31 which apparently reported the game of telephone going on inside the gun show, I don't fault him but it is illustrative of the nonsense that goes on inside the gun culture.

I don't follow what Kirk is calling "the gun culture,"

The gun bloggers. Read a gun blogger story, they all cite each other. This is how a gun show game of telephone "I dun heared that some Eyetaleeann feller dun got hisself arrested" gets reported as news.

It is our weakness.

MTC

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    There wouldn't be no trouble, except for that king**** cop. All he wanted was something to eat, but the man kept pushing.
    "Well you did a little pushin' of your own, Johnny." :joke: ;)

...a CABBIE thought someone ELSE sounded foreign? No wonder it made the news.
    :joke: :laugh:

So much gun culture nonsense. When in danger or in doubt, run in circles around the conference room table while on fire.
    :laugh:

Typical gun culture, make crap up and then run around the conference room table.

Like 8th graders discussing sex. No one really knows anything about what they are discussing but everyone is very enthused about it.

The problem is that the gun culture never gets it from the horse's mouth. They all run around the table on fire in their wookie suits but no one war games it out (well-scrubbed and educated persons with resources and knowledge get hassled by local cops--ain't no way) even checks with Perazzi (maybe because he speaks the third most Italian)?

Typical reaction without thinking that is a failing of the gun culture.
    Professor, not to comment on the veracity of this specific story, but regarding the overall topic you're referring to: will this be included in the curriculum next semester?

(Thanks to you, I can no longer see the words "conference room" or certain scenes from Star Wars without a chuckle. Just the other day, clicked on some update, took off reading glasses, glanced back at the screen, then busted out laughing at the appearance of "... configuring ..." )

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Professor, not to comment on the veracity of this specific story, but regarding the overall topic you're referring to: will this be included in the curriculum next semester?

Yes, next semester's class, "Nonsense Rumors of the Gun Culture" is already full.

Summer reading is every single nonsense rumor that you have heard in a gun store. If you start reading now for 17 hours a day, you will be done August 12th.

MTC

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Yes, next semester's class, "Nonsense Rumors of the Gun Culture" is already full.

Summer reading is every single nonsense rumor that you have heard in a gun store. If you start reading now for 17 hours a day, you will be done August 12th.
    Good thing I memorized most of those I "dun heared" in or out of gun stores. 17 hours won't leave any time for work, chores, and maintaining the property in a usufruct manner. Wouldn't want to become a tortfeasor. :):

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Yep, just like all the other gun culture rubbish, one person starts a rumor and within minutes the entire gun show is babbling the same stupidity with their top teeth over their bottom lip. Frickin' teeth talkers, if the antis knew about this weakness we could really be in trouble.

Does Korrine know when the Indiana lifetime LTCH will expire? Did she tell the clerk at Howard County Sheriff's Department about it?

So, my question, who is Korrine Aguirre?:dunno:

Top Bottom