• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cerebus85

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Mar 5, 2012
    hey speaking of shotguns...would you guys trade a benelli nova shotgun in advantage camo in good shape with standard length barrel for a walther 22? Cant decide if i want to do it or not.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    :To exclude an individual for the mere use of a word or a phrase is a bit much as we are all gun people, yes.

Good God, he's channeled Rodney King's ghost.

Sorry man, we won't all get along. Tolerance isn't the same as acceptance.

Vocabulary can differ, and a good speaker/writer tailors it to the right audience.

Use that word around your family. But don't demand that we (other probably more gun cultured folk) accept it.

The whining is a bit much, but was expected due to certain word usage.

rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN
    ...Use that word around your family. But don't demand that we (other probably more gun cultured folk) accept it.

In all fairness to Churchmouse, if he has been tossing shotguns on his shoulder for 50 years, I would say he is definitely in the group of "gun cultured folk". Now if we are talking some blue chip club that hunts foxes on horseback with one who is the line of succession to the throne of England, who amung us have done that?

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Oh yeah, I turned down my driven pheasant hunt with the Prince because he called his Holland & Holland the "S word".

Sporting gents are expected at a minimum to sound like sporting gents ;)

benjaminlee06

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    Downtown Indy
    Does anyone know of any good, comprehensive resources on shotguns for beginners. I see I will probably need multiple for different purpose, but a start to finish guide would be great. I can fill in the gaps with questions to you guys. Thanks.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    If you like it and it fits (you hit with it) that's usually plenty good enough.
    My hunting bud for years used some full choke Model 67 pump (when we were kids), and did well with it.
    He then bought "nicer guns" as an adult and for years had troubles shooting even OK.
    Kinda nice to be in the blind down from a guy who misses a lot ;)
    But dang it, if he didn't get it figured out somehow and came on gang buster the last couple of years :(
    Guess I gotta switch my blind to the up side of him now.

Limpy88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Lafayette
    i love shotguns but have no intrest in HD ones. not very many ppl here shot restigester targets in a clay sport. when every one referes to hand throwing a clay target in the back yard as shooting Skeet. Skeet is a name for a specific game of clay targets. i have never under stood why ppl call it that. when most of the shotgun post are saigas and mossbergs. those arent guns to get exicted about. near every person on the forum seem to have one.

Top Bottom