• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    ...maybe. Depends on if the other guy has a smart phone. I go low on technology with just an emergency beater phone when I go off the beaten path on these trips. Other than a beater emergency phone, it's just me on a motorcycle with some camping gear in the wilderness. Tons of fun :rockwoot:

Nice. Hope you'll be documenting your ride with it's own thread and lots of pics? Maybe some video? :ingo:

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    So I bought the Boss Audio MC470B on Friday from J&P Cycles. I got The package on Monday. I now have them installed on my 2011 Shadow Aero.The sound quality blew me away. Granted there isn't much bass but the mid/high range was excellent. Unfortunately I was not able to take on a test spin as my battery needs to be recharged. Will post pics later this week.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    2015 Street Glide Special

18700165_10102039142648904_1308777482142922458_n.jpg

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Got back before the rain, but the speakers even with the wind noise at 65-75MPH I could still make out the music. I would say without a windshield I lose maybe30% of the music in the wind at highway speeds.

I'm not sure if its the bluetooth or my internet, but in some spots the music would cut in and out. I will next try the audio hook up and see if that makes a difference. I basically had to sit on my phone to get it to not cut out in the same spots I drove through before.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Got back before the rain, but the speakers even with the wind noise at 65-75MPH I could still make out the music. I would say without a windshield I lose maybe30% of the music in the wind at highway speeds.

I'm not sure if its the bluetooth or my internet, but in some spots the music would cut in and out. I will next try the audio hook up and see if that makes a difference. I basically had to sit on my phone to get it to not cut out in the same spots I drove through before.

Right on. I've considered the 2 speaker version of that setup, but I think with my pipes and no windshield it might be pointless. I plan on adding a windshield soon, so I may reconsider the speakers.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I have never seen a front-end setup quite like that. In fact...I'm a bit ashamed to admit I don't recognize much about your bike at all.

Is that a full-custom bike?

I like it. I have always wanted to try a cruiser/chopper.

Yep, nothing stock on it. My dad and I built it from an old panhead frame when I was still in high school. The front end is a springer from a '44 knucklehead we had chromed and fitted for a modern shock to take some of the bounce out of the ride.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Yep, nothing stock on it. My dad and I built it from an old panhead frame when I was still in high school. The front end is a springer from a '44 knucklehead we had chromed and fitted for a modern shock to take some of the bounce out of the ride.

Nothin'?

Ok fine. It's a '95 FX Springer Softail with some aftermarket goodies. I didn't build it, but it was maintained by midget strippers

And CM says it's a "hotrod", so I can't put a windshield on it.

Top Bottom