• churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Nothin'?

Ok fine. It's a '95 FX Springer Softail with some aftermarket goodies. I didn't build it, but it was maintained by midget strippers

And CM says it's a "hotrod", so I can't put a windshield on it.

You can do as you will to it. Yours after all. There will be midgets stripping and crying across the nation though.

t-squared

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    Crown Point

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I worry any speaker directly over my ears would have the headphone/earbud effect and keep me from hearing stuff I need to hear. I am content riding without music if headphones prove to be the only option.

And as always, someone else's opinion of how it looks or what they think is says about me is exactly last on my give-a-****-o-meter. :rolleyes:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I wouldn't ride without my Sena 20S streaming radio, TV, YouTube playlists, etc. The added bonus is phone calls and txt notifications. Maps/GPS narration also, if you use that.

There is no issue with hearing outside noise. I can even hear the bagger's annoying loud music that they feel everyone else should be hearing also. :xmad:

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I worry any speaker directly over my ears would have the headphone/earbud effect and keep me from hearing stuff I need to hear. I am content riding without music if headphones prove to be the only option.

And as always, someone else's opinion of how it looks or what they think is says about me is exactly last on my give-a-****-o-meter. :rolleyes:

Oh, you can certainly do whatever you want. It's a nice bike and I've seen some people try to clamp speakers on other cruisers and destroy the look. Either way, ride on.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I wouldn't ride without my Sena 20S streaming radio, TV, YouTube playlists, etc. The added bonus is phone calls and txt notifications. Maps/GPS narration also, if you use that.

There is no issue with hearing outside noise. I can even hear the bagger's annoying loud music that they feel everyone else should be hearing also. :xmad:

I may have to look into this.

This looks interesting as well.

https://www.sena.com/product/cavalry-helmet/

The LAB podcast did a review of it and they were pretty impressed. Said it worked best with a fairing or windshield though.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    You can turn that off and require the actual button press in the iPhone app.

Thank you! I might have already done it in the Android app? Not sure. Likely need to upgrade the firmware also?

I haven't ridden much this year. Got a new lid and it's only been debugged once. I've had too many irons in the fire and need a rear tire change. Hope to get the other stuff done to get at it soon.

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Too many parked motorcycles.... This is from Sat, July 1st.
    11t06m8.jpg

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I had to back out of my ride to Laconia Bike Week and Canada a couple of weeks ago because my daughter was in a car accident. I've been getting ready to leave for a ride to California next week and have really been looking forward to it. Then some old lady backs into my bike, bends the front fender and cracks the light housing. Harley said the part will take 4-8 weeks to come in, but the fender is fine for the ride to Cali. :rockwoot:

6E6CADAD-650E-4F57-B1B8-914FA4DC3797_zpsqsfmoxpx.jpg

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Question for the more experienced guys... is there a trick to tripping stop light sensors? I'm a big guy on a big bike (close to 1000lbs combined), but I keep getting stuck at red lights that won't change. I either end up running them when safe, or having to waiting for a car to pull up behind me.

I've tried grabbing a handful of front brake as I roll over the sensor pads to dip the front end down hopefully pressing harder on the pad, but it doesn't seem to make much difference.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I had to back out of my ride to Laconia Bike Week and Canada a couple of weeks ago because my daughter was in a car accident. I've been getting ready to leave for a ride to California next week and have really been looking forward to it. Then some old lady backs into my bike, bends the front fender and cracks the light housing. Harley said the part will take 4-8 weeks to come in, but the fender is fine for the ride to Cali. :rockwoot:

6E6CADAD-650E-4F57-B1B8-914FA4DC3797_zpsqsfmoxpx.jpg

Is your daughter ok?

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Question for the more experienced guys... is there a trick to tripping stop light sensors? I'm a big guy on a big bike (close to 1000lbs combined), but I keep getting stuck at red lights that won't change. I either end up running them when safe, or having to waiting for a car to pull up behind me.

I've tried grabbing a handful of front brake as I roll over the sensor pads to dip the front end down hopefully pressing harder on the pad, but it doesn't seem to make much difference.

Google may have answered my question. Apparently those sensors don't work like I thought they did.

https://www.revzilla.com/common-tread/what-to-do-about-traffic-signals-that-ignore-motorcycles

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I either turned right to just keep moving or ran the light.

I ran a couple today, but I always aim for the center of the sensor pad assuming it detected pressure. Apparently it is an electromagnetic loop that detects the metal in a vehicle and I have better chance of tripping it directly over the wire.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I ran a couple today, but I always aim for the center of the sensor pad assuming it detected pressure. Apparently it is an electromagnetic loop that detects the metal in a vehicle and I have better chance of tripping it directly over the wire.

Yup. But even then it is hit or miss.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    EckFrank
    Top Bottom